• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats Player Rep

Pete Conway, Willie Weeks, and Don Wetzel Sr. are in. JR Camel coming in next week. Don't think Mike Chavez is in yet. Another good player was John Morales, as well as Don Wetzel Jr. Don Sr. started the hall of fame. Alot of Lady Griz are in. Almost Lady Griz Kayla Lambert coming in this year. Fort Shaw women's team is in. Robin Selvig is in. My basketball career was so weak that the facebook promo blurb on me listed football, lacrosse, track and rugby, and omitted basketball. A larger than normal group coming in this year. Inductions have not been done every year. Thx.

Darrell and Norbert Hill were probably as good IF they weren't murdered on the same day just after they graduated in
Hardin.

PlayerRep said:
Pete Conway, Willie Weeks, and Don Wetzel Sr. are in. JR Camel coming in next week. Don't think Mike Chavez is in yet. Another good player was John Morales, as well as Don Wetzel Jr. Don Sr. started the hall of fame. Alot of Lady Griz are in. Almost Lady Griz Kayla Lambert coming in this year. Fort Shaw women's team is in. Robin Selvig is in. My basketball career was so weak that the facebook promo blurb on me listed football, lacrosse, track and rugby, and omitted basketball. A larger than normal group coming in this year. Inductions have not been done every year. Thx.

pete Conway jr and steven fallsdown.........

PlayerRep said:

well congrats on the achievement, PR.. Im sure its well deserved!

BWahlberg said:
Inspector Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mavman said:
Montana Native american athletic hall of fame

Montana Indian Athletic Hall of Fame. I am told they are looking at an all-time MT Indian hoops team. Larry Pretty Weasel. Jonathan Takes Enemy. Elvis Old Bull. JR Camel. And I assume me (based on my 4.5 points per game at Bozeman high).

JR Camel was in High School when I was.. Seemed like JR was in high school 6 years! Coukd not wait for him to graduate so maybe we could we might win! Hell of a b-ball player.

Lived 3 blocks from Hellgate (parents are still there in fact). My dad walked us down to watch JR multiple times. He was an amazing athlete.

JR assistant coaching at Salish Kootenai College. Watched them play a very good Carroll team a couple weeks ago. Carroll dominated that game and has two or three very good players. I went over to say hi to JR after the game and he said if he'd suited up that night he'd have been the best player on the floor. Of course, no way to confirm the claim. But didn't laugh it off when he told me. Looks in great shape and know he plays on some big time summer 3 on 3 teams.

Why is there still no link posted?

Nevermind. I googled it.

Congrats Jack. I'll try to make it next week.

PlayerRep said:
Mavman said:
Silvertip said:
Great!. What's a MNAAHOF...and are they dangerous?
Montana Native american athletic hall of fame

Montana Indian Athletic Hall of Fame. I am told they are looking at an all-time MT Indian hoops team. Larry Pretty Weasel. Jonathan Takes Enemy. Elvis Old Bull. JR Camel. And I assume me (based on my 4.5 points per game at Bozeman high).

That is going to be one hell of a tough team to come up with....the amount of stellar Indian players this state has had through the years is amazing.

PlayerRep said:

I watched a documentary on them a while back. Very impressive what they did.

One of our family's relatives, from Fort Peck, was on the team. She was in St. Louis that summer. My great grandfather and grandmother went to the St. Louis World's Fair. Assume they took the train. We have lots of glassware and stuff, that they brought back, in the family. From what I can tell, the Fort Shaw team was not only good, but were in fact world champions, as they beat all comers that year. The Fort Shaw team and Ira Hayes, who was one of flag raisers at Iwo Jima, were and are huge heroes in my family. Also Sitting Bull, a Sioux. Camped for 4 or 5 years above the Fort Peck Res after Little Big Horn. Never heard about the Navaho code talkers until college, but they are now also heroes in my family.

PlayerRep said:
One of our family's relatives, from Fort Peck, was on the team. She was in St. Louis that summer. My great grandfather and grandmother went to the St. Louis World's Fair. Assume they took the train. We have lots of glassware and stuff, that they brought back, in the family. From what I can tell, the Fort Shaw team was not only good, but were in fact world champions, as they beat all comers that year. The Fort Shaw team and Ira Hayes, who was one of flag raisers at Iwo Jima, were and are huge heroes in my family. Also Sitting Bull, a Sioux. Camped for 4 or 5 years above the Fort Peck Res after Little Big Horn. Never heard about the Navaho code talkers until college, but they are now also heroes in my family.

Along with Ira Hayes there was Louis Charlo from the MT Salish nation involved with the first flag raising - though some have disputed it. I've visited his grave site in the St Ignatius cemetery... PS Has Tuff Harris' name come up re former NA Griz players :?:

Latest posts

Back