• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to Gonzaga!

'68griz said:
LowellVandal said:
ewueagle2010 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Oregon is the first Pac 12 team to make the Final 4.

...........since UCLA in 2008?

Congrats to the Zags. The Spokane region is pretty pumped for the team and it's cool to see.

Count me not on the Gonzaga bandwagon. I wonder what their program be like had they remained in the Big Sky.

I don't understand the post. Why are you not a fan? What does their not remaining in the Big Sky have to do with it?

I used to live in Spokane, their fans are insufferable. Remind me of Boise State bandwagon fans.

You know, the little engine that could...

HelenaHandBasket said:
LowellVandal said:
ewueagle2010 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Oregon is the first Pac 12 team to make the Final 4.

Congrats to the Zags. The Spokane region is pretty pumped for the team and it's cool to see.

Count me not on the Gonzaga bandwagon. I wonder what their program be like had they remained in the Big Sky.

At least they made the move and didn't have to come crawling back.
:lol: :lol:

Ouch.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
LowellVandal said:
ewueagle2010 said:

At least they made the move and didn't have to come crawling back.
:lol: :lol:

Ouch.
POTY! John Wesley Hardin Award, meanest funny post of the year!

LowellVandal said:
'68griz said:
LowellVandal said:
ewueagle2010 said:

I don't understand the post. Why are you not a fan? What does their not remaining in the Big Sky have to do with it?

I used to live in Spokane, their fans are insufferable. Remind me of Boise State bandwagon fans.

You know, the little engine that could...

I love the zags and boise state was fun to watch as well, they've regressed quite a bit though and Gonzaga seems to keep getting better and better. Great to see former big sky teams do well. I hope we can play Gonzaga next season

I'm a Missoula native and UM graduate, now live in Spokane and love the Zags and what they have done for area basketball. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the US and their players are good students to the man. A couple of the posts on here are plain stupid, why would anyone in the NW try to bad mouth Gonzaga or Spokane fans. As far as them playing the Griz, I doubt that will happen because of the poor RPI number Montana managed to gain from their miserable season just ended, if the Zags lose, it would really blemish their record, if they win it still would drag down their RPI. For the uninformed they will be just as good next year or possibly better, depends if two of their key players elect for the draft.

acehunter65 said:
As far as them playing the Griz, I doubt that will happen because of the poor RPI number Montana managed to gain from their miserable season just ended

Gonzaga plays plenty of teams that are 200+ in RPI in non-conference though. They played 5 of them this season, including Mississippi Valley State who hasn't had an RPI better than 330 in 5 years. I don't think it's that far fetched that they'd play the Griz again. If one down (200+ rpi) year stopped major teams from playing mid majors Gonzaga wouldn't be where they are today since none of the top 20 teams would have scheduled Gonzaga.

I think the Zags and the Griz will play again fairly soon. I hope so anyway.

acehunter65 said:
I'm a Missoula native and UM graduate, now live in Spokane and love the Zags and what they have done for area basketball. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the US and their players are good students to the man. A couple of the posts on here are plain stupid, why would anyone in the NW try to bad mouth Gonzaga or Spokane fans. As far as them playing the Griz, I doubt that will happen because of the poor RPI number Montana managed to gain from their miserable season just ended, if the Zags lose, it would really blemish their record, if they win it still would drag down their RPI. For the uninformed they will be just as good next year or possibly better, depends if two of their key players elect for the draft.

Dry you eyes and grow a pair, Snowflake! When you're great people hate you (See Griz football 1995-2009). Get used to it!

And another thing, Fuck Gonzaga!

Back