• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cooper Kupp's combine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaeilge1 said:
I have two words for those not impressed with Kupp's speed, jumping or strength.:

STEVE LARGENT!!

(There are others who were too slow, couldn't jump or weren't strong enough, but Largest was the first to come to mind).

being a bronco fan, I hope Elway does not for get his buddy Rod Smith, all time leader in yards, tds, catches etc....too slow, too everything, out of small college (I think Missouri southern), but what work ethic, smarts and heart......kupp will do the job imo....also undrafted.....

...you think Kupp will be undrafted? Wow, that is quite the prediction.

Most draft analysts don't have him going past the 3rd round.

Raider said:
...you think Kupp will be undrafted? Wow, that is quite the prediction.

Most draft analysts don't have him going past the 3rd round.

Yeah, analysts were freaking out because they thought it was crazy there was 1st round talk on him. But many have him going either in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Likely won't last past the 4th round.

krammer said:
Gaeilge1 said:
I have two words for those not impressed with Kupp's speed, jumping or strength.:

STEVE LARGENT!!

(There are others who were too slow, couldn't jump or weren't strong enough, but Largest was the first to come to mind).

being a bronco fan, I hope Elway does not for get his buddy Rod Smith, all time leader in yards, tds, catches etc....too slow, too everything, out of small college (I think Missouri southern), but what work ethic, smarts and heart......kupp will do the job imo....also undrafted.....

my bad,,,not kupp undrafted but smith was......I should have clarified

The only thing that could hold Mr. Kupp back in the NFL is injury. If he can get past the injury thing he will definitely be something special! Good Luck Cooper!

Kooper Kupp was INCREDIBLE at ewu.

His "slow" 4.6+ 40's just means he won't be classified as a "burner"/deep threat.

He will be known as a possession receiver.

Kooper Kupp named one of the most notable losers at the combine:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nerslosers

Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington: The small-school standout was enjoying a magic carpet ride up the charts following a spectacular week of work at the Senior Bowl. Scouts were discussing Kupp as a potential top-40 pick with plenty of teams viewing him as a potential WR2 in the right system. That narrative will certainly change after Kupp clocked a pair of 40-yard dashes in the 4.6-range and looked nothing like an explosive playmaker on the perimeter. Sure, the scouts will go back to film and assess his dominance against Big Sky competition, but the pedestrian 40 will make it hard to cast him as more than a WR3 in meetings.

He (1) plays in the league longer, has more career (2) touchdowns & (3) yards than the Washington flash. :coffee:

WR sprints at the combine:

4.62 Cooper Kupp
4.68 Kendrick Bourne

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/cooper-kupp?id=2557898

To see Cooper Kupp's two 40's, click the above link.

Then click the middle picture (him getting down in stance).

IntuitiveGriz said:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/cooper-kupp?id=2557898

To see Cooper Kupp's two 40's, click the above link.

Then click the middle picture (him getting down in stance).

Slow out of blocks but top end speed is good, which is why he pulls away after catching the ball in stride.

I've often thought, and have talked to Marv Sunderland about this, that the times in the 40 should be broken down into first 20 and second 20. Suppose any teams already do that?

Cooper has great hands and runs great routes. Those are the key ingredients that he needs to be a success in the NFL. Speed is nice but has not proven to be the key of great NFL receivers. There are always exceptions. If you can't hold on to the ball you won't make it regardless of how fast you are and Cooper does hold on to the ball and makes unbelievable catches. He didn't seem to have any problem with his speed against Washington, Oregon, Washington State or against the best backs in the Big Sky and the playoffs. I would never sell him short.

bgbigdog said:
He (1) plays in the league longer, has more career (2) touchdowns & (3) yards than the Washington flash. :coffee:

Barring injury wholeheartedly agree. He may be a WR3/slot guy, but that equates to 30-50 catches a year and 500-1000 yards a year sometimes. Not too shabby over a 10 year career imo.

horribilisfan8184 said:
I've often thought, and have talked to Marv Sunderland about this, that the times in the 40 should be broken down into first 20 and second 20. Suppose any teams already do that?

The 40 yard dash is clocked at 10 yards, 20 yards and 40 yards. Check out Count's impressive sprint:

....................................40/20/10
Joey Counts - RB...........4.48/2.6/1.5

Cooper Kupp was on the NFL Network's "PATH TO THE DRAFT" show last night (Wed). He is in Irvine, CA.) training for his Pro Day to try to clean up his measureables (40. broad jump ect.) He will be on that show every Wed leading up to the draft, fyi.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Kooper Kupp was INCREDIBLE at ewu.

His "slow" 4.6+ 40's just means he won't be classified as a "burner"/deep threat.

He will be known as a possession receiver.

Hell , he did possess the ball pretty well against us.

NFL Netowrk analysts talking about Clemson Mike Williams in this WR class:

"To me he's more of a prototypical #1 receiver. He's big, he's physical, he can overwhelm you on the edge. He can win the jump balls and do all those things that you want to see from your #1 receiver. I've compared him to Dez Bryant in terms of his violent style of play on the outside. The big thing at his Pro Day (Mike Williams), everyone wants to see how fast is he going to run? The line of demarcation is 4.55. Most big receivers, if they run 4.55 or better, you can cancel Christmas they are going to be top picks. It's one of those things. But if you run slower than that, then you begin to wonder does he have enough speed and explosion to separate from elite corners?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back