• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coyle

grizophile said:
AZGrizFan said:
Unfortunately we (as Griz fans) have begun measuring our "eliteness" by the number of guys we put into the NFL and not our team's actual success on the football field. :/

How many Montana nfl guys vs the BSC in the last 5 years? I do think BC is a special player and person. My recollection was that he just played hard and smart and no grandstanding.
Like Ken Norton said something about "those intense eyes."

Hey, I totally get it. But it's more than a bit ironic that as our success on the field as waned, our success with players in the NFL seems to have gotten BETTER. :? :?

CFallsGriz said:
Awesome!

Hope he keeps it going and starts 11/23 vs Arizona. I and my daughter will be at that one hoping to watch him play. Hopefully a great game and memorable BD for my eldest! :clap:

Nice. My son and I will be in Seattle to watch them play the Giants. looking forward to seeing Brock play

:clap: http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Thursday-in-Hawkville-Brock-Coyle-back-in-the-middle-of-everything-for-Seahawks-defense/379a43a5-d828-455e-8a4d-bc7af01903e4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coyle didn’t just play during the preseason; he led the Seahawks with 22 tackles. And he’s better now, because of that experience in the preseason and the experience he has gained during the regular season.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's always great to see a GRIZ succeed in The NFL; the fact that he is a Bozeman GRIZ, from the capital of Shi##y Kitty Nation is frosting on the cake !!!

Yeah I saw him over pursuing quite a bit but being his first start in his first year, he'll catch up with the speed of the game

Brock Coyle was a guest last night on "Late Hits", Sirius/XM channel 88. The show is hosted by NFL beat writer Alex Marvez and "the Godfather"... Gil Brandt. If you don't know who Gil Brandt is you've never played the game nor do you have a f.....g clue. Before Brock was live they quoted his position coach (Ken Norton Jr.) as saying "he's the smartest rookie I've ever coached". During the interview Brock gave kudos to the lunatics at Wa-Griz Stadium. The only advice Gil gave to Brock, was to play more instinctively and "let it all hang out". Incidently, Ken Norton Jr. is the son of the great boxing legend, and has been coaching in FBS and the NFL for over 10 years. For you egriz toddlers Ken Norton took the title from Muhammad Ali at one time... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
Brock Coyle was a guest last night on "Late Hits", Sirius/XM channel 88. The show is hosted by NFL beat writer Alex Marvez and "the Godfather"... Gil Brandt. If you don't know who Gil Brandt is you've never played the game nor do you have a f.....g clue. Before Brock was live they quoted his position coach (Ken Norton Jr.) as saying "he's the smartest rookie I've ever coached". During the interview Brock gave kudos to the lunatics at Wa-Griz Stadium. The only advice Gil gave to Brock, was to play more instinctively and "let it all hang out". Incidently, Ken Norton Jr. is the son of the great boxing legend, and has been coaching in FBS and the NFL for over 10 years. For you egriz toddlers Ken Norton took the title from Muhammad Ali at one time... :egriz:

Norton, Jr. was also one of the best linebackers in the NFL during his playing days. He knows about what he speaks.

Coyle has struggled with pass coverage some, which is why the Hawks swapped fellow rookie Kevin Pierre-Lewis in on obvious 3rd down passing situations last week. Doesn't look like Bobby Wagner will be back this week against the Giants, so I'm guessing Coyle will be starting again. He has definitely proven that he can play in the league. Great to see a former Griz playing for my favorite NFL team!

Decided to bump this thread rather than start a new one.

In the today's game against the Giants, Brock is credited with 3 tackles so far, 2 of them solo. Way to go! :thumb:

IdaGriz01 said:
Decided to bump this thread rather than start a new one.

In the today's game against the Giants, Brock is credited with 3 tackles so far, 2 of them solo. Way to go! :thumb:

Was at that game. Brock did OK. Made a nice hit on a special teams tackle but you are correct, he did not see the field much in the 4th due to the Giants passing all game.

Jacson A Bevens ‏@JacsonBevens 15m15 minutes ago
Brock is legitimately butt hurt. RT @bcondotta: Coyle listed as having a glute injury and one reason team brought back Bradford to add depth

Watched much of the game and, toward the end, Coyle looked kinda gimpy.

He had some nice tackles, especially on special teams. But there was one play, if I saw correctly, where Giants scored when he wasn't able to wrap up the running back.

Messing around with some Photoshop techniques, and thought I'd share this result.

Latest posts

Back