• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cy Sirmon - switch to OL

IdahoGrizFan said:
The roster has him at 250 pounds. Is that a bit light for OL?
Or has he put on more weight over the summer?

He’s a beast. One of the strongest guys on the team along with sims. I think he’s closer to 270

IdahoGrizFan said:

Didn't pay super close attention to him but he looked small with the DT, 250 is too light for guard....hell, 270 is too light for guard

mtgrizfankb said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Didn't pay super close attention to him but he looked small with the DT, 250 is too light for guard....hell, 270 is too light for guard
Not if you are fast and strong enough.

Here he is throwing up 363 lbs like it’s nothing. He doesn’t look small to me

https://twitter.com/cysirmon59/status/1021557001384615936

And here he is with the team. I beleive that’s him in the middle back with the Metallica shirt. Dude looks put together for sure

https://twitter.com/Coach_Hauck/status/1012814990821081088

Last one, He does look smaller here but keep in mind he’s standing next to Trey Adams who is a 6’8 320lb OL for Washington. Cy is bigger now as well.

63b4729d572c30137fefe981e23772ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon said:
mtgrizfankb said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Don’t think the weights are updated because all the O lineman weights are the same as last year.

alabamagrizzly said:
Yukon said:
mtgrizfankb said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Don’t think the weights are updated because all the O lineman weights are the same as last year.

Might be a bit of a cat and mouse game with the roster. The staff may be hiding some things to try and get an advantage for the first game. Bobby knows how tough UNI will be, so maybe they are just trying to get any advantage they can? Kind of like Stitt's first game, keeping things under wrap could give UM the advantage of surprise. Look at some thoughts on Buss's availability....OL size may be another way to "surprise" an opponent. Or maybe they just haven't updated the roster.

Grizzly96 said:
Update of players changing positions to help the team....

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB
Trase LeTexier-LB to FB
Esai Longoria-DL to OL
Kobey Eaton-WR to CB

Others Missed:
Andrew Harris-LB to DE
Reggie Tilleman-DT to DE
McKenzie Holt- Ath/DE to TE - not currently on online gogriz.com roster??
Bryson Deming-WR to TE
Colin Bingham-WR to TE
Jed Negler-WR to DE
Jesse Sims-DT to DE
Matt Rensvold-WR to TE

My hats off to these men willing to do what the teams needs to have a chance to succeed. Thank you :clap:

See above for other missed player position changes.

mtgrizfankb said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

I'll take a physically and mentally strong 260 pound kid with quick feet over a 300 pound kid that is soft and can't move. Plenty of lighter O-Lineman have done very well for the griz over the years. I have full confidence that Cy is going to learn the position and excel.

there have been plenty of good oline players in the bsc who were under 275 lbs. anybody know if he's played oline before, i.e. in high school?

go96griz said:
Grizzly96 said:

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB
Trase LeTexier-LB to FB
Esai Longoria-DL to OL
Kobey Eaton-WR to CB

Others Missed:
Andrew Harris-LB to DE
Reggie Tilleman-DT to DE
Bryson Deming-WR to TE
Colin Bingham-WR to TE
Jed Negler-WR to DE
Jesse Sims-DT to DE
Matt Rensvold-WR to TE

My hats off to these men willing to do what the teams needs to have a chance to succeed. Thank you :clap:

Thank you, I knew I missed some.

Grizzly96 said:
go96griz said:
Grizzly96 said:

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB
Trase LeTexier-LB to FB
Esai Longoria-DL to OL
Kobey Eaton-WR to CB

Others Missed:
Andrew Harris-LB to DE
Reggie Tilleman-DT to DE
Bryson Deming-WR to TE
Colin Bingham-WR to TE
Jed Negler-WR to DE
Jesse Sims-DT to DE
Matt Rensvold-WR to TE
Brennan Corbin-WR to TE

Thank you, I knew I missed some.

I also added Corbin above previously mentioned here.

Grizzly96 said:

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB
Trase LeTexier LB to FB
Esai Longoria-DL to OL
Kobey Eaton- WR to CB

outstanding !!!! thanks guys.....

Grizzly96 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Much like Justin Calhoun putting the team before himself, Cy Sirmon makes yet another switch to help the team. He is on a path similar to Mike Ralston who held his own on the O Line last year after multiple position switches:

“Redshirt-junior Cy Sirmon has always been one of those guys who will do anything for the team, including switch positions if that's what the coaches ask of him.

Since arriving at Montana in 2015, Sirmon has played in 21 games, and held three different positions, starting at linebacker as a freshman, moving to defensive end and bumping to the defensive interior after bulking up.

This week, Sirmon's name got called again to help the team out, making a move to the offensive line where he will take reps as a guard. His fourth move comes with a change of jersey too, now wearing No. 66.”

List of players(I’m sure I’m missing some so please add to it)that have unselfishly put team before self....

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB

:clap:

Jordan Johnson- UM to FC
I mean, if we are being honest, not having his entitled mentality around can only help in the locker room.

Igotgoodsources said:
Grizzly96 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Much like Justin Calhoun putting the team before himself, Cy Sirmon makes yet another switch to help the team. He is on a path similar to Mike Ralston who held his own on the O Line last year after multiple position switches:

“Redshirt-junior Cy Sirmon has always been one of those guys who will do anything for the team, including switch positions if that's what the coaches ask of him.

Since arriving at Montana in 2015, Sirmon has played in 21 games, and held three different positions, starting at linebacker as a freshman, moving to defensive end and bumping to the defensive interior after bulking up.

This week, Sirmon's name got called again to help the team out, making a move to the offensive line where he will take reps as a guard. His fourth move comes with a change of jersey too, now wearing No. 66.”

List of players(I’m sure I’m missing some so please add to it)that have unselfishly put team before self....

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB

Jordan Johnson- UM to FC
I mean, if we are being honest, not having his entitled mentality around can only help in the locker room.

I think you meant Gresh Jensen......

Ursus1 said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Grizzly96 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB

Jordan Johnson- UM to FC

I think you meant Gresh Jensen......
Sure did. Was long night at work. #fail

Back