• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Drew Turner and Gabe Sulser are fast

Everybody knows that mental agility is more important than physical agility. Well, the mentally agile know this anyway.

AllWeatherFan said:
Everybody knows that mental agility is more important than physical agility. Well, the mentally agile know this anyway.

Well, you can't teach speed. Or agility, I suppose.

But oddly, you can teach someone to sew an argyle sweater rapidly.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Track speed doesn't always translate to football speed. A lot of state champion sprinters have never touched a college football field. However, I really like seeing prospects have success in different sports, particularly showing speed on the track.

Sulser has plenty of speed to play on the outside.

The fact that track speed doesn't always translate to football speed is true in that there are...

2 different things to look at when it comes to being fast on a football field:

1) There is straight-line speed (track)
2) There is short area change of direction (agility)

Track champions automatically have elite straight-line speed in SPADES.
Track champions don't necessarily have elite agility.

Damien Nelson has agility as well. He played RB and CB in HS. And signed a college football scholarship.

Wheres he going?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Track speed doesn't always translate to football speed. A lot of state champion sprinters have never touched a college football field. However, I really like seeing prospects have success in different sports, particularly showing speed on the track.

Sulser has plenty of speed to play on the outside.

The fact that track speed doesn't always translate to football speed is true in that there are...

2 different things to look at when it comes to being fast on a football field:

1) There is straight-line speed (track)
2) There is short area change of direction (agility)

Track champions automatically have elite straight-line speed in SPADES.
Track champions don't necessarily have elite agility.

Damien Nelson has agility as well. He played RB and CB in HS. And signed a college football scholarship.

Wheres he going?

Havre

I hear lately that he might take a track scholarship to a bsc school. His 10.5 100m time would have placed him 3rd at the Bsc championships and his 21.61 200m would have placed him 5 or 6th. He would already be competitive if he chose to run track.

Dutch Lane said:
Heard that Nelson took a track scholarship to Idaho state.

Interesting that an in state school wouldn’t want to sign him, unless there’s more to it than that.

AZDoc said:
Dutch Lane said:

Interesting that an in state school wouldn’t want to sign him, unless there’s more to it than that.

Damien is smaller, self listed (hudl) at 5'10" 157 lbs.

6038825_60643656ec604d5b93f46347326e355a.jpg

Hudl:

[media]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6038825/58352865dfd8b71a18c2feac[/media]

Dean & @ least one other guy on the spud state roster are comparable or smaller than Nelson. I can’t believe that they wouldn’t try to get him thinking about walking-on, unless he isn’t interested in continuing in football. Kid has make up speed & could be a great returner.

IntuitiveGriz said:
AZDoc said:
Dutch Lane said:

Damien is smaller, self listed (hudl) at 5'10" 157 lbs.

6038825_60643656ec604d5b93f46347326e355a.jpg

Hudl:

[media]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6038825/58352865dfd8b71a18c2feac[/media]

Oh I meant for track

Back