• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Easiest Schedule In Memory

thirdandlong

The pressure on Bobby to win the Big Sky has never been greater than this season. Our 2024 schedule is the easiest one I can remember. Our only game in which we should be challenged is the Cat game in Bozeman. Look at our schedule. The only other game which MIGHT provide a challenge is the away game at EWU, and they should not be very good this year. We should not lose more than one game, and finishing undefeated should not be too difficult if we beat the Cats. How can we even get a temperature on how good we are going into the playoffs with a schedule like we play? I'm really tired of us scheduling these pre-conference body-bag games which tell us nothing about our team. What say you?

The pressure on Bobby to win the Big Sky has never been greater than this season. Our 2024 schedule is the easiest one I can remember. Our only game in which we should be challenged is the Cat game in Bozeman. Look at our schedule. The only other game which MIGHT provide a challenge is the away game at EWU, and they should not be very good this year. We should not lose more than one game, and finishing undefeated should not be too difficult if we beat the Cats. How can we even get a temperature on how good we are going into the playoffs with a schedule like we play? I'm really tired of us scheduling these pre-conference body-bag games which tell us nothing about our team. What say you?
I say you're trying to hard, 'Scat fan.

Missouri State, Western Carolina and UND all are good tests, I don't think the non-conference schedule is as bad as you think... it's been worse!

Missouri State, Western Carolina and UND all are good tests, I don't think the non-conference schedule is as bad as you think... it's been worse!
UND has been devastated by portal transfers and graduations. As for the other two, playing at the friendly confines should negate any chance either of those have to beat us. I agree that we have had easier pre-conference games, but we should not be challenged by these two home games. The conference schedule, however, is ridiculously easy.

UND has been devastated by portal transfers and graduations. As for the other two, playing at the friendly confines should negate any chance either of those have to beat us.
Don't disagree but all three will bring their "A" game especially Missouri State and Western Carolina given they get to play at WA Griz. I would think it's their top road trip of the year...win or lose it's hard to beat playing in a great atmosphere...

Playing home games in Washington-Grizzly Stadium isn't as much of an advantage as everyone thinks it is. Yes, it's probably one of if not the best home field advantage at the FCS level. However, teams are hyped to play us in WA-Griz and we get just about everyone's best when they travel to Missoula. Teams seem to play above their level when they come into Missoula. So I wouldn't count Missouri State or Western Carolina as automatic wins. Yes, we should win handily, but we have lost games we thought we should have won handily in the past too.

Playing home games in Washington-Grizzly Stadium isn't as much of an advantage as everyone thinks it is. Yes, it's probably one of if not the best home field advantage at the FCS level. However, teams are hyped to play us in WA-Griz and we get just about everyone's best when they travel to Missoula. Teams seem to play above their level when they come into Missoula. So I wouldn't count Missouri State or Western Carolina as automatic wins. Yes, we should win handily, but we have lost games we thought we should have won handily in the past too.
A few years ago, ESPN rated the home field advantage of Washington-Griz as being one of the top 5 in all of college football. I agree with them. What makes our 2024 schedule so easy is the fact that our away games are against some of the weakest teams in the Big Sky. The North Dakota away game could be considered a tough feat in most years. But they are in a total re-build mode there, from what I am told by a buddy who is a big UND fan.

A few years ago, ESPN rated the home field advantage of Washington-Griz as being one of the top 5 in all of college football. I agree with them. What makes our 2024 schedule so easy is the fact that our away games are against some of the weakest teams in the Big Sky. The North Dakota away game could be considered a tough feat in most years. But they are in a total re-build mode there, from what I am told by a buddy who is a

Fighting hawks a.d.bill chavis recently resigned their football coach extension thru the 2027.

Some of the big boosters are pissed about this and want schweigert out, they feel u.n.d. has reached their potential right now with him as coach and are threatning to hold back on donations... not a good situation in grand forks right now.

Yeah, i'm a huge Cat fan. I donate thousands annually to the UM general fund, but I'm really a closet Cat fan. If you can't stay on task and participate in the subject of the thread, just stay out of it.
This is America (at least for the time being). I'll post when and where I please and you can kindly go fuck yourself. Deal?

Dude UND was a playoff team last year and Western Carolina is probably going to be the preseason favorite in the Socon. This is a much tougher nonconference schedule than last year

just a general thought on the schedule:

vs Missouri State W (1-0, 0-0)
at North Dakota W (2-0, 0-0)
vs Morehead State W (3-0, 0-0)
vs Western Carolina W (4-0, 0-0)
at Eastern Washington L (4-1, 0-1)
vs Weber State L (4-2, 0-2)
vs Northern Arizona W (5-2, 1-2)
at Northern Colorado W (6-2, 2-2)
at Cal Poly W (7-2, 3-2)
vs UC Davis W (8-2, 4-2)
vs Portland State W (9-2, 5-2)
at Montana State L (9-3, 5-3)

Think we start off strong even with a good test from Missouri State, North Dakota, and Western Carolina, but this team probably takes a step back from last year, while the extra game on the schedule makes the season look better than it is. I think we're in for something a little frustrating, with two road games at places the Griz have struggled in: Cheney, where the Griz last won in 2008, and Bozeman, where the Griz last won in 2015. I would love for the Griz to snap both of these streaks but man that's a tall ask. Additionally, I think the Griz probably drop another conference game somewhere, and it could be any of them, but Weber feels most likely. We're probably going to see some regression to the mean this year but hopefully that means a good development year and we can take the title in 2025.

Dude UND was a playoff team last year and Western Carolina is probably going to be the preseason favorite in the Socon. This is a much tougher nonconference schedule than last year
UND will have a total re-build year. Are you saying that we won't be favored by double-digits in the Western Carolina game? I agree that this is a tougher schedule than last year, but that's not saying much.

Scat is a word, not an abbreviation, and a word I use frequently when referring to the 'other.' Something those from the other side of the divide justa gonna have to live with.

They are so cute when they get hissy. I found this description tucked away on the internet: '...their big, expressive eyes in their relatively big heads; their spade-shaped ears; their rounded, soft bodies and ungainly legs...'
The 'big heads' was so spot-on I just ā€Šhad to share.šŸ˜‚

just a general thought on the schedule:

vs Missouri State W (1-0, 0-0)
at North Dakota W (2-0, 0-0)
vs Morehead State W (3-0, 0-0)
vs Western Carolina W (4-0, 0-0)
at Eastern Washington L (4-1, 0-1)
vs Weber State L (4-2, 0-2)
vs Northern Arizona W (5-2, 1-2)
at Northern Colorado W (6-2, 2-2)
at Cal Poly W (7-2, 3-2)
vs UC Davis W (8-2, 4-2)
vs Portland State W (9-2, 5-2)
at Montana State L (9-3, 5-3)

Think we start off strong even with a good test from Missouri State, North Dakota, and Western Carolina, but this team probably takes a step back from last year, while the extra game on the schedule makes the season look better than it is. I think we're in for something a little frustrating, with two road games at places the Griz have struggled in: Cheney, where the Griz last won in 2008, and Bozeman, where the Griz last won in 2015. I would love for the Griz to snap both of these streaks but man that's a tall ask. Additionally, I think the Griz probably drop another conference game somewhere, and it could be any of them, but Weber feels most likely. We're probably going to see some regression to the mean this year but hopefully that means a good development year and we can take the title in 2025.
We should be favored in every game except the Cat game. EWU should not be very good this season. I agree that Hauck loses games that he should win. Kind of been his history. I still believe that we have lots of questions about our QB play, as well as our defense losing so many of our leading tacklers.

Back