• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Easiest Schedule In Memory

just a general thought on the schedule:

vs Missouri State W (1-0, 0-0)
at North Dakota W (2-0, 0-0)
vs Morehead State W (3-0, 0-0)
vs Western Carolina W (4-0, 0-0)
at Eastern Washington L (4-1, 0-1)
vs Weber State L (4-2, 0-2)
vs Northern Arizona W (5-2, 1-2)
at Northern Colorado W (6-2, 2-2)
at Cal Poly W (7-2, 3-2)
vs UC Davis W (8-2, 4-2)
vs Portland State W (9-2, 5-2)
at Montana State L (9-3, 5-3)

Think we start off strong even with a good test from Missouri State, North Dakota, and Western Carolina, but this team probably takes a step back from last year, while the extra game on the schedule makes the season look better than it is. I think we're in for something a little frustrating, with two road games at places the Griz have struggled in: Cheney, where the Griz last won in 2008, and Bozeman, where the Griz last won in 2015. I would love for the Griz to snap both of these streaks but man that's a tall ask. Additionally, I think the Griz probably drop another conference game somewhere, and it could be any of them, but Weber feels most likely. We're probably going to see some regression to the mean this year but hopefully that means a good development year and we can take the title in 2025.
We're not losing to Weber at home. This is not Jay Hill's program anymore. I think Weber is gonna be incredibly mediocre this season and there's no way they beat us at home.

We're not losing to Weber at home. This is not Jay Hill's program anymore. I think Weber is gonna be incredibly mediocre this season and there's no way they beat us at home.
I don’t know, they seem to always be good specifically in years that they play us, and dog shit in every other year, so….lol

I don’t know, they seem to always be good specifically in years that they play us, and dog shit in every other year, so….lol
Again, Jay Hill is gone and this new coach is in way over his head. He should've never been hired and it would take a miracle for them to beat us in Missoula. They lost to the cats 40-0 in Ogden last year

I picked Weber cause of like name recognition and I needed to represent a random loss somewhere but that random loss could be to any conference team, and I'm pretty sure we will have that random loss on top of the losses at two venues that are cursed for this program.

We should be favored in every game except the Cat game. EWU should not be very good this season. I agree that Hauck loses games that he should win. Kind of been his history. I still believe that we have lots of questions about our QB play, as well as our defense losing so many of our leading tacklers.
UM has almost always been favored. How did your predictions for the Griz and Hauck turn out in 2023?

The pressure on Bobby to win the Big Sky has never been greater than this season. Our 2024 schedule is the easiest one I can remember. Our only game in which we should be challenged is the Cat game in Bozeman. Look at our schedule. The only other game which MIGHT provide a challenge is the away game at EWU, and they should not be very good this year. We should not lose more than one game, and finishing undefeated should not be too difficult if we beat the Cats. How can we even get a temperature on how good we are going into the playoffs with a schedule like we play? I'm really tired of us scheduling these pre-conference body-bag games which tell us nothing about our team. What say you?
There is no extra pressure on Hauck to win the Big Sky. There is expectation that the team will be good and have another chance to go deep in the playoffs. However, we will have to see how the team does when the season starts and how good the qb-ing turns out to be. I assume the team has high expectations for itself, including the transfers who have come to try to get to Frisco. I am excited for the season.

My prediction is that you/3d will be wrong on most things you predict about Griz football and Hauck, just like last season. Your predictions was particularly off last season.

3d is one of those few posters who really dislikes Hauck. 3d tries so hard to diss and undercut Hauck, but usually just ends up with my egg on this face. One would think he'd eventually stop making a fool of himself.

I really don't understand the criticism of the schedule. At least we're not playing any D2s this year. UM is ALWAYS going to take a winnable FCS home game over going on the road to an face an FBS team in an almost certain loss. Do we want to be like some other Big Sky teams who MUST play at least one FBS school per year, often two? The FBS teams that have the money to pay UM enough come to their house are usually good enough to win easily. The win over Washington was a once-in-a-lifetime event that none of us will ever see again. Personally I don't see the point in playing up that often. The chance of winning is small and the paydays aren't necessarily any better than a home game in WaGriz. (Yes we used to play Idaho all the time but we all know they were only pretending to be an FBS team, and now they're back where they belong.)

Would it be nice to have some higher quality pre-season opponents? Sure. And we have in the past. But they're not as easy to get as everyone seems to think they are. The reality is that he University wants the money and the fans want the home games. It's not rocket science.

I count 8 “good games” out of 12. I am very excited for the upcoming season, and do not think it will be as easy as some are saying on this board. Go Griz!

Missouri State
ND or PSU
WCU
EWU
Weber
NAU
Davis
Kittens

This year is as good as any to break that road loss streak but man 2008 was a looooooong time ago now
Yes it was...but for the vast majority of that time as the Griz worked their way out of the barren desert of mediocrity, EWU was a better team. That is decidedly NOT the case at this juncture.

I really don't understand the criticism of the schedule.
Some peoples' angle on saying this is the easiest schedule is pretty clear: If Hauck doesn't run the table (or damn near) it will be a massive failure because "the schedule is so easy". Basically, preloading the anti-Hauck guns. Same shit as 2017-2022 saying if we don't make the semis or better, Hauck needs to go, etc. After last season, they have to get more creative, so we get threads like this.

Yes I do, you might want to check the Warren transfer portal thread and then jump on the right person..

I'll be waiting your apology.
I checked the Warren transfer thread, as you suggested. Thanks. It confirmed for me that you absolutely struggle with the English language.

There are classes for that.

Some peoples' angle on saying this is the easiest schedule is pretty clear: If Hauck doesn't run the table (or damn near) it will be a massive failure because "the schedule is so easy". Basically, preloading the anti-Hauck guns. Same shit as 2017-2022 saying if we don't make the semis or better, Hauck needs to go, etc. After last season, they have to get more creative, so we get threads like this.
That makes perfect sense. I am obviously not very good at ferriting out nefarious motives. Ha.

Yep. I pre-loaded it just for soccer fans like you. It's a cake-walk conference schedule...... the easiest one we have had since Hauck 2.0. There should be no excuses for losing any conference game, except perhaps the Cats game. If Hauck doesn't win the Big Sky Conference this season, he needs to go. The smart fans don't endorse mediocrity from one of the three premier FCS programs in the nation (NDSU & SDSU being the others). He gets paid to win, and to conquer his "Big Game Bobby" moniker that he has earned.

I always love when trolls post shit like this, because -- likely for the first time in their lives -- they cannot be wrong. If the GRIZ cruise through the schedule (they will), they can claim it's only because "it's the easiest schedule ever". If they falter (the won't), they can claim how the staff sucks.

Sorry CDA. I hadn't seen this post till after I posted basically the same thing.

Back