• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Everything right and it's still wrong.

What present and past Griz coaches and players haven't realized vs. CP, is the speed of the QB and running backs. They get to the corner fast & upfield fast almost before anyone knows what's going on. They churn up 6, 8, 10 yds on 1st down. I think CP got 1st downs in only 2 downs many times.

zirge said:
Diesel said:
Team stats that stuck out, UM 3 fumbles 2 lost and one INT, CP 3 fumbles 1 lost and 0 INT. CP 14 PTS off turnovers, UM 0 PTS off turnovers.

INT was a great DL tip and the one time I wish Jon was a little shorter when he Knocked the ball out of Brady's hand with his helmet. The Griz D needed to hold one of those turnovers to a field goal.

Griz had two punts and CP had five punts. Turnovers and points off turnovers. Also, attitude in pressure situations CP gives up big play on Griz last possession and then shut down O and force long FG, young kicker kicks like a young kicker under pressure, last year Vega had ice in his veins.

just to add...........3 plays netting negative yards due to play-calling/execution he has to make a 48 yarder instead of a 35 or less.....

Wasn't this also when Nguyen stepped out of bounds on his nice run after catch, and lost 5 or more yards from where he was tackled?

Grizzoola said:
What present and past Griz coaches and players haven't realized vs. CP, is the speed of the QB and running backs. They get to the corner fast & upfield fast almost before anyone knows what's going on. They churn up 6, 8, 10 yds on 1st down. I think CP got 1st downs in only 2 downs many times.

Oh, I'm fairly certain they've realized that.

Grizzoola said:

In looking at the official stats, UM had 18 3d down plays out of 83, for 21.7%. CP had 14 3d down plays out of 64, for 21.9%. So by a very slight margin, UM actually had slightly fewer 3d down plays based on percentage of plays.

EverettGriz said:
Grizzoola said:

TG realized that. Don't know about JS. Ha.

EverettGriz said:
Grizzoola said:
It's one thing to realize it, but another thing for the defensive talent to meet that speed.

Diesel said:
Team stats that stuck out, UM 3 fumbles 2 lost and one INT, CP 3 fumbles 1 lost and 0 INT. CP 14 PTS off turnovers, UM 0 PTS off turnovers.

INT was a great DL tip and the one time I wish Jon was a little shorter when he Knocked the ball out of Brady's hand with his helmet. The Griz D needed to hold one of those turnovers to a field goal.

Griz had two punts and CP had five punts. Turnovers and points off turnovers. Also, attitude in pressure situations CP gives up big play on Griz last possession and then shut down O and force long FG, young kicker kicks like a young kicker under pressure, last year Vega had ice in his veins.

This :oops: :agree:

Diesel said:

This :agree: It was a tough loss and a character builder. Suck it up and get ready for the next one. If this is "lousy football" then you are asking for your team to be NDSU.

Back