• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ewoo tries again

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I dont understand how adding bleachers will do anything for EWU...they get 2-3 games a year with a decent crowd.

Taking the standard fcs playoffs attendance dip out of the equation, data shows that ewu has been at or above stadium capacity for regular season attendance for several years.

casewinter13 said:
Raider said:
griz5700 said:
Yet that shitty school, with a shitty stadium, in a shitty town has dominated UM the last 5 years.

Shhhtitt.

+1
Remarkable the negative influence Stitt had on our program 3 years prior to being hired!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call us beating EWU 57-16 being dominated.. Oh how fast we forget

Raider said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
casewinter13 said:
Raider said:
Remarkable the negative influence Stitt had on our program 3 years prior to being hired!

They both fail to mention EWUs record in the same time span compared to their beloved Cats....just let them be.

1) I am a Griz fan genius, and
2) Why do we care what their record against the cats is?

Nobody believes you

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Raider said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
casewinter13 said:

They both fail to mention EWUs record in the same time span compared to their beloved Cats....just let them be.

Nobody believes you

Ahhhh, I get it. The old “they must be secret cat fans” if they have anything critical (or realistic) to say about the Griz.

That is fucking pathetic.

Raider said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Raider said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Nobody believes you

Ahhhh, I get it. The old “they must be secret cat fans” if they have anything critical (or realistic) to say about the Griz.

That is f***[*] pathetic.

Come on Raider, quit the charade already. :thumb:

footballdood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I dont understand how adding bleachers will do anything for EWU...they get 2-3 games a year with a decent crowd.

Taking the standard fcs playoffs attendance dip out of the equation, data shows that ewu has been at or above stadium capacity for regular season attendance for several years.

If you can't pack the (small) house for a semifinal playoff game, at night, on ESPN, then your fan base just doesn't get it.

<insert self-hating comment from Raider here>

Htowngriz said:
footballdood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

If you can't pack the (small) house for a semifinal playoff game, at night, on ESPN, then your fan base just doesn't get it.

Well it was only like 25 degrees and they have beat the griz 5 out of the last 6 :roll:

Htowngriz said:
footballdood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Spokane is full of fair weather fans, though in (some) defense to the fan base it was something like 5 degrees at kick-off. But it doesn't help that reaching the semi-finals is pretty much a regular thing...

EverettGriz said:
ewueagle2010 said:
RayWill said:
Go play at Joe Albi.

srx_Joe_Albi_Stadium_r910x513.jpg

There, I would have sold them this analysis for a pint of draft and saved them $123,995.

Yeah. Pretty Sad when the highscool teams in the area have better facilities

Having more seats doesn't mean nicer facilities. Albi would need A LOT of work to be better than what EWU already plays in. It's a very old facility in itself and has no press box, suites, video board and dirt parking areas. It would probably cost just as much to renovate Albi as it would to remove the track add 5k seats to the East side of Roos.

Advantages of Albi:

Real stadium
No track
There's a bar within 15 miles
Much better sight lines
No junior high bleachers
No oil filters
More than one concession stand
More than one shitter
Green field

Roos Advantages:

natura-matematica-zero-un-video-visionario-per-la-pi-emozionante-vlViOi-clipart.jpg

I can think of one advantage...

grizz are 0-5 at Roos.

Oohhh! Is that what the big fat 0 is for? How you guys have won 0 games at Roos Field? Good one.

FormerEag said:
EverettGriz said:
ewueagle2010 said:
RayWill said:

Having more seats doesn't mean nicer facilities. Albi would need A LOT of work to be better than what EWU already plays in. It's a very old facility in itself and has no press box, suites, video board and dirt parking areas. It would probably cost just as much to renovate Albi as it would to remove the track add 5k seats to the East side of Roos.

Advantages of Albi:

Real stadium
No track
There's a bar within 15 miles
Much better sight lines
No junior high bleachers
No oil filters
More than one concession stand
More than one shitter
Green field

Roos Advantages:

natura-matematica-zero-un-video-visionario-per-la-pi-emozionante-vlViOi-clipart.jpg

I can think of one advantage...

grizz are 0-5 at Roos.

Oohhh! Is that what the big fat 0 is for? How you guys have won 0 games at Roos Field? Good one.

FormerEag picking on egriz buffoons again. :lol: :lol:

griz5700 said:
Yet that shitty school, with a shitty stadium, in a shitty town has dominated UM the last 5 years.

Shhhtitt.
Predictions for this years matchup? Perhaps a wager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Htowngriz said:
footballdood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Self-hating? I don’t hate myself.

I hate ignorant, naïve fans that make us all look bad. Well, hate is a strong word. Dislike maybe.

Raider said:
Htowngriz said:
footballdood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I hate ignorant, naïve fans that make us all look bad. Well, hate is a strong word. Dislike maybe.
Leave? It's a griz board.. not an ewu or cat spot. U made yourself look bad. No help needed

sdgriz_24 said:
Raider said:
Htowngriz said:
footballdood said:

Leave? It's a griz board.. not an ewu or cat spot. U made yourself look bad. No help needed

Jesus H., some of you just don’t fuckin get it. Yes, it is a Griz board, and I am a life-long Griz.

And no, it’s not an ewu/cat spot, which is exactly my point! These types of threads get started all the time, making fun of other team’s stadium, facilities, fans, etc. My point is that it seems a little foolish to joke about facilities towards a program that has recently dominated us. What does any of this matter if we have a mediocre product on the field? Good lord!

Raider said:
sdgriz_24 said:
Raider said:
Htowngriz said:

Jesus H., some of you just don’t f***[*] get it. Yes, it is a Griz board, and I am a life-long Griz.

And no, it’s not an ewu/cat spot, which is exactly my point! These types of threads get started all the time, making fun of other team’s stadium, facilities, fans, etc. My point is that it seems a little foolish to joke about facilities towards a program that has recently dominated us. What does any of this matter if we have a mediocre product on the field? Good lord!

Raider, you are spot on with your analysis but far off base if you believe posters on eGriz will agree.

ewueagle2010 said:
RayWill said:
Go play at Joe Albi.

There, I would have sold them this analysis for a pint of draft and saved them $123,995.

As a spectator, i just find that I enjoy attending games at Joe Albi over College games at Roos. Yes upgrades would be made, but I assure you would get more fans to actually attend games. I know of more than a few football fanatics in the area that would gladly go watch EWU play at Joe Albi rather than drive to Cheney to go to a game at Roos field.

RayWill said:
ewueagle2010 said:
RayWill said:
Go play at Joe Albi.

As a spectator, i just find that I enjoy attending games at Joe Albi over College games at Roos. Yes upgrades would be made, but I assure you would get more fans to actually attend games. I know of more than a few football fanatics in the area that would gladly go watch EWU play at Joe Albi rather than drive to Cheney to go to a game at Roos field.

Cheney is 16 miles away. SIXTEEN MILES. The way you guys talk you'd think it was on the other side of the state.

But alas, this is a non starter conversation. EWU football is never moving off of campus. NEVER. Especially given how much work (outside of football) has gone in to re focusing on Cheney and changing the narrative about Cheney vs Spokane.

And Roos field might never really get the makeover it deserves. And I for one don't give a shit . As a life-long EWU football fan, I care little about facilities rather about football. And in the football department, we do just fine.

Congrats on your facilities and attendance banners though, griz. you guys have won that like 20 years in a row. What a feat!

Latest posts

Back