• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU -13.5 (now -20.5)

Bear Axed said:
Punting-the-Cat-1.jpg
:lol: This is fine art. Are there prints available at the UM Bookstore? If not, why not?

In their 6 games EWU has been outscored 36-45 in the first quarter, and 95-134 in the first 1/2. They have yet to lead a game at half time (even UCD lead 23-14). If Choate hasn't drained every bit of Vim out of the Cat's this game will be close at half.

On the other hand EWU has outscored their opponent 108-28 in the 3rd, and 190-78 in the 2nd half and have not trailed a game by the end of regulation - this one has all the makings of a complete what-could-have-been/moral victory for Cat fans, with a trail of tears 4th quarter topping.

Grizbeer said:
Bear Axed said:
The litterbox stadium will remain 80% empty from the start of half time through the last second of the 4th quarter.....the kitten fans won't even give a good attempt at practicing for the biannual "trail of tears" treck......they'll just be slinking out way early in two and threes.
I think the Cat's keep it close through 1/2 time - maybe trail by 10 - 14 at the end of the 3rd, keeping hope alive, then EWU pulls away in the 4th by 3 - 4 touchdowns. The ToT should be in full effect with 10 minutes left in the 4th.

I think just the opposite. EWU will have scored on 6 straight possessions and be up 42-7 by halftime.

Grizbeer said:
In their 6 games EWU has been outscored 36-45 in the first quarter, and 95-134 in the first 1/2. They have yet to lead a game at half time (even UCD lead 23-14). If Choate hasn't drained every bit of Vim out of the Cat's this game will be close at half.

On the other hand EWU has outscored their opponent 108-28 in the 3rd, and 190-78 in the 2nd half and have not trailed a game by the end of regulation - this one has all the makings of a complete what-could-have-been/moral victory for Cat fans, with a trail of tears 4th quarter topping.

Those are crazy stats. If a team could figure out how to capitalize on those slow starts, you could get EWU's back against a wall and make it tough for them in the second half. Sadly, despite the Cat's defense being "like NDSU good" I don't think the Cats are the team that will test the Eagles. That'll be up to the Griz next week.

FormerEag said:
EverettGriz said:
This line has moved rapidly; it's already at 15.5.

And the O/U is 80. EIGHTY!!

Do you have a link? I can never find FCS vs. FCS lines.

https://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx

5dimes is about the only decent site that I know of for FCS lines...looks like the line is up to 20 now.

As I predicted, that line moved markedly prior to KO.

But I'm still stunned by that O/U. Not a great deal of confidence in either defense when the number approaches 80.

EverettGriz said:
As I predicted, that line moved markedly prior to KO.

But I'm still stunned by that O/U. Not a great deal of confidence in either defense when the number approaches 80.

:lol: :lol: Same song over and over. Both defenses are terrible, just like always regardless of discussion of "much improved."

The difference here is the EWU offense. They may score 80 by themselves.

jodcon said:
FormerEag said:
EverettGriz said:

5dimes is about the only decent site that I know of for FCS lines...looks like the line is up to 20 now.

I do not gamble on sports but I do usually pay attention to lines. I really wanted to bet on this game! The early line at 13.5-14.5 was free money!

I do have a question about the number behind the spread. Does that number represent how much you have to wager to win $100?

grizfanfb said:
jodcon said:
FormerEag said:
EverettGriz said:

I do not gamble on sports but I do usually pay attention to lines. I really wanted to bet on this game! The early line at 13.5-14.5 was free money!

I do have a question about the number behind the spread. Does that number represent how much you have to wager to win $100?

Yeah if a team is -150 you have to bet 150 to get 250 back, some sports like UFC you can see a huge number required to win $100

Hey Everett how's that over looking now? Holy crap are these defenses bad.

Murray has improved a lot since I've seen him last.

Back