• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU and GRIZ Fans

Been there, done that. Didn't like it. The tailgates are meh as is the stadium. I'll watch on TV. That is if you can see the players on that gross colored field.

snap said:
Griz fans aren't exactly saints all the time either. Remember this classic from panthera?

quote="Panthera"]On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

HOWEVER...one incident after the game almost managed to ruin an otherwise great experience so I felt I should share it. That way, other Griz fans can help weed out the 'problem fans' who I know are a very tiny proportion of your overall fanbase.

After the teams had mostly left the field and security officers let the fans come down, I went to mingle with a few of the lingering UNI fans, staff and players near the northern end zone. About five minutes later, three Montana students approached us from the opposite side of the field and started chanting things like 'Suck a XXXX Panthers', 'Go Home UNI', Eat XXXX Panthers, etc. These kids reeked of liquor and, if I had to guess, they were probably the type who smoke marijuana cigarettes on a regular basis. One of them waved an extremely offensive sign that said 'Even Santa Prefers Montana'. As a Christian man, it's difficult to watch this kind of religious hatred spread to college football (It's bad enough when large retailers try to bury the Reason for the Season under phrases like 'happy holidays'). It didn't take much of this crap to cause the few Panther fans to disperse. I started walking up the tunnel, but the three students pursued me and eventually caught up. I turned left and found myself trapped near a dumpster and one of the stadium walls. As the drunks moved in, I was honestly afraid for my life, so I warned them that I know a good bit of Tae Bo and UFC moves. They took this as a challenge and one of them threw me to the ground and the other two pinned me down. What happened next is probably not something that belongs on a family-friendly forum, but I'm ticked off and it needs to be said...While two of the young men held me in place, the other one undid his belt and pulled his pants down halfway. He then put his rear end very near my nose and began passing gas violently. Some of these eruptions were wet and the sprayed into my mouth. They were chanting 'atm, atm, atm' which I assumed meant they were going to rob me as well, but I had smartly left my wallet in my hotel room safe. This all seemed to go on forever but it was likely less than a minute before they let me up and ran off into the park across from the stadium. I was too shocked and humiliated to chase them. I have no plans on dragging law enforcement into any of this.

So my point is, although I know you all are on to bigger and better things at this point, I hope you'll take the time to remind the few bad apples that they are not helping the perception of your program on a national level.

Anyways, that's my rant, Griz fans. Thanks for the memories and I'll be rooting for them you the rest of the way. Go get'em Griz! :clap:
[/quote]
OMFG!!! :lol: :cry: :lol: I've read this about 5 times and it keeps getting funnier :lol: :cry: :lol:

Ursa Major said:
granitegriz said:
I was several rows behind info at that game (top of the portable bleachers) and can confirm what he is saying or at least one that meets that same description. I credit it to being young and drunk, but violence nevertheless. They could use a little more security at the inferno.

STOP IT! Quit calling it "the inferno" for f*** sakes! When I hear that, I want to go to a place called the inferno (and probably ultimately will). But it's a piece of shit stadium that has red dyed turf. Nothing more, nothing less! Plus their bathrooms suck!

Why do you give a damn? It's just a name and nothing more. Someone got tickled too hard by the Fuzzy Bunny when he was a child.

Rjones61 said:
Ursa Major said:
granitegriz said:
I was several rows behind info at that game (top of the portable bleachers) and can confirm what he is saying or at least one that meets that same description. I credit it to being young and drunk, but violence nevertheless. They could use a little more security at the inferno.

STOP IT! Quit calling it "the inferno" for f*** sakes! When I hear that, I want to go to a place called the inferno (and probably ultimately will). But it's a piece of shit stadium that has red dyed turf. Nothing more, nothing less! Plus their bathrooms suck!

Why do you give a damn? It's just a name and nothing more. Someone got tickled too hard by the Fuzzy Bunny when he was a child.

It's like advertising a gourmet meal and serving Swanson TV Dinners. How about if we call it that rundown, rickety, red, eye-sore in Cheney? That is much more of a fitting description. What's next? Change the name of the prison in Walla Walla to Club Paradise? You guys are always complaining about it and can't wait for the mythical Get Wood Project. BTW, I think you're more likely to see a leprechaun riding a unicorn before seeing that project built.

Rjones61 said:
Ursa Major said:
granitegriz said:

That's a pretty stupid thing to joke about. That said, I think most rational EWU fans know the stadium and red field are garbage. The red field is like a Fast n' Furious prop car: it has four-year window where 12% of the population thinks it's cool, after which time, everybody knows it's stupid. Like a teenager's turbo charged Accord with a rear spoiler, the red field will be replaced when the decision maker grows up a bit.

CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:
Ursa Major said:
granitegriz said:

That's a pretty stupid thing to joke about. That said, I think most rational EWU fans know the stadium and red field are garbage. The red field is like a Fast n' Furious prop car: it has four-year window where 12% of the population thinks it's cool, after which time, everybody knows it's stupid. Like a teenager's turbo charged Accord with a rear spoiler, the red field will be replaced when the decision maker grows up a bit.

Joking about.... fuzzy bunnies? Damn, you are sensitive.

That's a pretty stupid thing to joke about. That said, I think most rational EWU fans know the stadium and red field are garbage. The red field is like a Fast n' Furious prop car: it has four-year window where 12% of the population thinks it's cool, after which time, everybody knows it's stupid. Like a teenager's turbo charged Accord with a rear spoiler, the red field will be replaced when the decision maker grows up a bit.[/quote]

That is one solid analogy. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
Rjones61 said:
Ursa Major said:
granitegriz said:

It's like advertising a gourmet meal and serving Swanson TV Dinners. How about if we call it that rundown, rickety, red, eye-sore in Cheney? That is much more of a fitting description. What's next? Change the name of the prison in Walla Walla to Club Paradise? You guys are always complaining about it and can't wait for the mythical Get Wood Project. BTW, I think you're more likely to see a leprechaun riding a unicorn before seeing that project built.

Our field is on par with most other FCS programs. I'm sorry that we aren't the biggest school in our state and are placed behind the Seahawks, UW, and WSU for funding. That's nothing for you to be upset about, that is our problem.

And whether or not you care about the name is irrelevant, because all of the fan base enjoys the field. The nickname is catered to the fans, not to you. That's less like talking about Swanson Dinners, and more getting pissed at someone for calling their Grandma's family meatloaf recipe the best. Because you think YOUR family recipe is the best and theirs tastes bad.

Ursa Major said:
Rjones61 said:
Ursa Major said:
granitegriz said:

Or, or . . . .

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
Rjones61 said:
Ursa Major said:

Or, or . . . .

:lol: I think I know where you're going with this...

Rjones61 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:
Ursa Major said:

Joking about.... fuzzy bunnies? Damn, you are sensitive.

I'm only sensitive right afterwards.

Back