• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU/GRIZ 2016

Looking forward to the game Saturday...this is a game most of the Eastern players have had circled since last year. A lot of interviews after Easterns win on yesterday had nothing to do about the MSU game and everything to do with the griz coming to town. Eastern was embarrassed last year and wants to return the favor Saturday.

Should be a great day for some great football next weekend...hope to see some of you Saturday

PDXGrizzly said:
Yeah, I agree. This secondary was exposed yesterday. It doesn't help the the front seven got next to no pressure on NAU's QB. Pressure can really bail out a sub par secondary and make them look good. In its absence we saw what this secondary really is.

Good GOD people....without pressure EVERY secondary is subpar. You can't fucking cover people forever. This is the D, love it or hate it. It's predicated on pressure from the line and LB's disrupting QB rhythm. We didn't get that pressure, so the DB's (who most of the time were on an island) were "exposed"....apparently as "sub par"...

juiceboxboy said:
Depends on how stout the O line for EWU is next week.
Bad O line....Griz 48 - EWU 35
Good O line....EWU 53 - Griz 21

EWU's O-line against MSU Saturday was real poor. Big Sky officials rarely throw flags for offensive holding, but EWU held so blatantly the refs had no choice. I do feel the Griz D will get pressure on Gubrud. He can run too unfortunately. But, if the Griz play man, with little safety help, on the outside Gubrud may exceed the 520 yards of passing he just put up against MSU. Also, Griz special teams have been poor and EWU has weapons on both kick and punt return.

Hope I am way off, but EWU at home wins this one pretty easy...

AZGrizFan said:
Good GOD people....without pressure EVERY secondary is subpar. You can't f***[*] cover people forever. This is the D, love it or hate it. It's predicated on pressure from the line and LB's disrupting QB rhythm. We didn't get that pressure, so the DB's (who most of the time were on an island) were "exposed"....apparently as "sub par"...

I agree, UM didn't get any pressure on Kemp. However, most of the throws, which torched UM secondary, were quick, get the ball out, throws. Kemp didn't stand in the pocket and go over all his options. He got rid of the ball, and quickly. Gubrud is even more capable of the doing the same.

Watching the EWU MSU game, you could clearly see the Gregorak form of defense being used. He had three down line men and had very little pressure on the QB. More of his famous "bend but don't break" defense.
Semore's defense seems to be to get penetration and pressure the QB while the DBs run man. That didn't work because NAU had a very good offensive line that we could never break through. That is not what EWU has.
I am predicting a huge day for the front 7 of the defense with a few let downs by the secondary, but I also am hoping that all of the BG overthrows were due to the altitude. Unfortunately, that could mean that Brady will now start throwing at the receiver's feet instead.
This one should be a win for the Griz. 47 (missed two PATs) to 35.

fencer24 said:
I also am hoping that all of the BG overthrows were due to the altitude.

Well, like my Daddy says "wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first".

AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Yeah, I agree. This secondary was exposed yesterday. It doesn't help the the front seven got next to no pressure on NAU's QB. Pressure can really bail out a sub par secondary and make them look good. In its absence we saw what this secondary really is.

Good GOD people....without pressure EVERY secondary is subpar. You can't f***[*] cover people forever. This is the D, love it or hate it. It's predicated on pressure from the line and LB's disrupting QB rhythm. We didn't get that pressure, so the DB's (who most of the time were on an island) were "exposed"....apparently as "sub par"...

Exactly...on a player for player basis our secondary will be the best EWU has seen all year....if we get pressure like we have done in every other game with our LBs and defensive front...our defense willl look stellar again....

Semores defense is based off of pressuring the offense...if it doesnt happen, we can look bad.

Chet_Ripley said:
AZGrizFan said:

I agree, UM didn't get any pressure on Kemp. However, most of the throws, which torched UM secondary, were quick, get the ball out, throws. Kemp didn't stand in the pocket and go over all his options. He got rid of the ball, and quickly. Gubrud is even more capable of the doing the same.

Did you even watch the game????

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Chet_Ripley said:
AZGrizFan said:

Did you even watch the game????

I did... The first offensive play NAU had set the tone. Kemp didn't sit back and go through his progressions, or wait for Morehand to run open. The whole 74 yard play took 10 seconds. It was a direct stare down and target of M. Sanders. And it was a quick throw. Not allowing for UM's front to get pressure. There were times when Kemp had lots of time, but as bolded above, most of the significant strikes were quick.

Did you see it differently??

...and the big loud crowd...
...should benefit the griz...
...field should be maroon...

... :clap:.. :lol:.. :fuel: ...

Back