• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fall Practice Schedule

EverettGriz said:
66volvo said:
How is it that practices are closed to the public? Isn't this a public university funded with public tax dollars? This subject comes up all the time and I'm still confused. Is this a little like violating "public meeting laws"? I need help understand this...
Seriously?
As a scheduled school event, a practice session is equivalent -- technically -- to a class session. I do not know of a campus where a member of the "general public" would freely wander into a classroom while a prof is giving a lecture. You have to be registered as a student, and (probably) specifically registered for that class. Could be wrong, but suspect that would be case.

Ida, thanks for that post. The "I'm a tax payer" thing is the single most lame thing a fan can post on this page. Honestly, I should lighten up and not let that bother, but it has from the first time I ever saw it on Egriz. In the past, I've asked posters who use that to show me that even one cent of their state withheld was funneled directly to the University of Montana football program, instead of the 1,000's of other state resouces it might have gone to, but so far, no one, to my knowledge has EVER shown proof that their state withheld went to UM athletics, and furthermore, football.

Practices being closed are a choice the coaches make. It's usually a very unpopular choice with a select few diehards. It is what it is.

One of the main reasons Delaney starting closing practices was because of Alpha's video shenanigans. I assume Gregorak was in that loop too. I can understand why Stitt would want to close practices.

66volvo said:
How is it that practices are closed to the public? Isn't this a public university funded with public tax dollars? This subject comes up all the time and I'm still confused. Is this a little like violating "public meeting laws"? I need help understand this...
It's clear to everyone that you need help.

IdaGriz01 said:
EverettGriz said:
66volvo said:
Seriously?
As a scheduled school event, a practice session is equivalent -- technically -- to a class session. I do not know of a campus where a member of the "general public" would freely wander into a classroom while a prof is giving a lecture. You have to be registered as a student, and (probably) specifically registered for that class. Could be wrong, but suspect that would be case.

Reminds me of a funny story: A homeless dude came to our Anthropology lectures for an entire semester. He even took the quizzes. The professor would always say something like, "I have one more quiz to give back that had a blank student ID number, again." He was apparently doing OK.

Years later, I followed my now wife around on fellowship interviews. I would go to classes while she was in interviews. I have officially attended classes at Michigan, Stanford, UCSD, UW, and UCLA without being enrolled at any of them. I even took a quiz in a Physics class at UCSD. The look on the other students' faces when I didn't have any books, didn't take any notes, and handed in the quiz five minutes after getting it was priceless. I obviously was not smart enough to know what the fuck was going on in any of these classes.

CDAGRIZ said:
IdaGriz01 said:
EverettGriz said:
66volvo said:
Seriously?

Reminds me of a funny story: A homeless dude came to our Anthropology lectures for an entire semester. He even took the quizzes. The professor would always say something like, "I have one more quiz to give back that had a blank student ID number, again." He was apparently doing OK.

Years later, I followed my now wife around on fellowship interviews. I would go to classes while she was in interviews. I have officially attended classes at Michigan, Stanford, UCSD, UW, and UCLA without being enrolled at any of them. I even took a quiz in a Physics class at UCSD. The look on the other students' faces when I didn't have any books, didn't take any notes, and handed in the quiz five minutes after getting it was priceless. I obviously was not smart enough to know what the f*** was going on in any of these classes.
Another impressive post that has zip to do with football and everything about you...8000 posts of running trains off of the tracks...carry on zib... :egriz: cuz you're the one.

PlayerRep said:
One of the main reasons Delaney starting closing practices was because of Alpha's video shenanigans. I assume Gregorak was in that loop too. I can understand why Stitt would want to close practices.
I got more video after he closed practices than before. Still am and users that I choose get to watch it since cu*t like you ruined it for everyone.

rimrockgriz said:
Another impressive post that has zip to do with football and everything about you...8000 posts of running trains off of the tracks...carry on zib... :egriz: cuz you're the one.

:lol: You're a fucking riot there, rim job! Check some posts before mine (and most of yours) if you want to see some great derailments. Idiot.

CDAGRIZ said:
IdaGriz01 said:
EverettGriz said:
66volvo said:
Seriously?

Years later, I followed my now wife around on fellowship interviews. I would go to classes while she was in interviews. I have officially attended classes at Michigan, Stanford, UCSD, UW, and UCLA without being enrolled at any of them. I even took a quiz in a Physics class at UCSD. The look on the other students' faces when I didn't have any books, didn't take any notes, and handed in the quiz five minutes after getting it was priceless. I obviously was not smart enough to know what the f*** was going on in any of these classes.

CDA, great story.... :thumb:

Nah, it was about something I did that was in direct response to the post before mine. It's all Xs and Os from here on out. And, of course, posting about rimrock. Did you know that rimrock has never attended a single college class?

Anyone actually know how practices are going? I heard that O-Line is required to make lots of quick reads and struggling with that.

Oh,..... and I once went into an accounting final and took the test for an all-conference Griz player. He paid me two cases of beer and remained academically eligible!

Mousegriz said:
Anyone actually know how practices are going? I heard that O-Line is required to make lots of quick reads and struggling with that.

Oh,..... and I once went into an accounting final and took the test for an all-conference Griz player. He paid me two cases of beer and remained academically eligible!

and became a cowboy for awhile.....

Mousegriz said:

Not sure about the o-line but sounds like the D is bringing blitzes from everywhere, including corner and safety spots. And I agree with Stitt. This is the best D our offense will face all year.

Latest posts

Back