• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Favorite Current Player

BadlandsGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
WAGS...hes the only one worth a damn!

Leave. Please.
Right... Badlandsgrizfan is a moron.

Lol you guys obviously didn't pick up on the sarcasm in my post..making fun of the constant negativity on egriz?

You don't need to explain yourself to the usual people that wreck threads with attacks and name calling. Wags is the only player we have playing at a high level. This year we have less talent than anyone I can remember. You understand that and pointed out correctly the truth and some of these morons do not seem to be able to handle that. You are still entitled to your opinion without the ugliness that always follows a post by Az,Player, Raider or Everett

Big G said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Leave. Please.

Lol you guys obviously didn't pick up on the sarcasm in my post..making fun of the constant negativity on egriz?

You don't need to explain yourself to the usual people that wreck threads with attacks and name calling. Wags is the only player we have playing at a high level. This year we have less talent than anyone I can remember. You understand that and pointed out correctly the truth and some of these morons do not seem to be able to handle that. You are still entitled to your opinion without the ugliness that always follows a post by Az,Player, Raider or Everett

:wtf: There's great talent all over this team...

No, there is Wags and Jones, the rest would not start on most teams without a ton of injuries. Quit being a homer and look at what most other people see, there is a reason we do not win big games like we used to and why we struggle with teams we never used to. It is not because other teams have caught up to us or bring their a game it is because we do not have the talent or depth we used to.

Big G said:
No, there is Wags and Jones, the rest would not start on most teams without a ton of injuries. Quit being a homer and look at what most other people see, there is a reason we do not win big games like we used to and why we struggle with teams we never used to. It is not because other teams have caught up to us or bring their a game it is because we do not have the talent or depth we used to.
Not the talent, it's the coaching. :hater:

ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

No. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. :|

We need special font for sarcasm then!
"He's the only one worth a damn" ;)
"He's the only one worth a damn" :cool:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :roll:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :lol:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :eek:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :oops:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :lame:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :jack:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :censored:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :bs:
"He's the only one worth a damn" :msugrad:

I'd say you could have used any of these and not have come across like a huge d-bag. ;)

See what I did there....

Well at least I have a way to not come across as a dbag now...unlike you who regardless of what you do, will always come across as a dbag.

Big G said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Leave. Please.

Stfu Big Gay Al

BadlandsGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
No. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. :|

I'd say you could have used any of these and not have come across like a huge d-bag. ;)

See what I did there....

Well at least I have a way to not come across as a dbag now...unlike you who regardless of what you do, will always come across as a dbag.
you missed the memo. i happen to be an elite poster. here, i'll show you:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

now no more helping you out today. this is twice already and it's not even 11 yet. i have things to do so you're on your own the rest of the day. :eek:

Big G said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's good. The ONLY ones starting on OUR team that wouldn't start on OTHER teams without a ton of injuries are only starting HERE because of a ton of injuries.

ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

See what I did there....

you missed the memo. i happen to be an elite poster. here, i'll show you:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

now no more helping you out today. this is twice already and it's not even 11 yet. i have things to do so you're on your own the rest of the day. :eek:

ILTC is one of the better posters, even if he is a Cat fan. I've actually never seen him come across as a Dbag. Now Screaming Eagle...

Back to the subject.

JJ, he has been through so damn much and been so damn faithful.

When JJ graduates, Zach Peevey will be my favorite GRIZ. I've known Zach since he 1st moved to Missoula. The kid and his family are a joy and terrific. The kid loved basketball, but he was much too aggressive for the hardwood. He is playing the sport he is meant to play. It's been fun to watch the growth of Peevey, athletically and personally.

It is tough to name just one because I like them all, but I would have to say Ryan Burke, with the story of his bone marrow (?) donation, plus he has a cannon arm, and makes some amazing catches.

Big G said:
Horseshit!

Also, I don't know how you pick a favorite player...I could do a top 5 and they'd all be close.

Gun to my head, I'd probably go JJ...just cause all the stuff he's been through.

Wags, although I have to confess I'm liking Zach Peavey mor and more every week. Peavey plays the game with joy and reckless abandon. It's fun to watch.

I enjoy the stories about the intelligent and hard-working boys from Montana.

544fd3908ac11.preview-699.jpg

Trevor Rehm didn’t need to look far to find a role model when he arrived on the University of Montana campus. The Griz senior needed only to look at the guy who was starting ahead of him, Bryan Waldhauser. Small-town Montana guys – “Waldo” is from Huntley, Rehm is from Dillon – who played the same position – defensive tackle – who had to prove their worth before being offered a scholarship. . . . Rehm followed in the footsteps of some of his fellow Beaverhead County High School Beavers in choosing Montana: Tyler and Torrey Thomas, Jon Skinner, Bryce Carver. Rehm was recruited by Griz head coach Mick Delaney when Delaney was still an assistant. “I was kind of looking to play basketball for a while at some smaller schools around Montana,” said the former all-state hoops player. “But I really understood and appreciated football as a sport. I just really kind of dig that. When it comes to pick a school for football, Montana was where I wanted to be with everything that’s been done here.”

“He’s a wonderful kid, kind of a soft-spoken guy who doesn’t say a lot,” Gregorak said. “He’s a very intelligent guy, both on the field and off the field. For a big dude, he’s really athletic. He has soft hands, kind of an all-around decent athlete for a kid his size.” And that probably aided Rehm in his transition from linebacker, to defensive end, to his current position. “Initially, I assumed I would have my hand down playing defensive end. I came in really light, like 215,” said the 6-foot-3 Rehm, who now tips the scales at closer to 265. “Linebacker was almost a newer position for me initially, so putting my hand down and playing D-end was more natural. Then when I put on a little too much weight they put me inside. That’s kind of the reaction. With a great coach like Coach Delaney it made it pretty easy.” Rehm has made the most of his opportunity. He ranks eighth on the team in tackles with 33. “He’s a hard-charger, a great motor kid,” Gregorak said. “Has he had a productive season? I would say that he has. Trevor has had a very nice senior season. He brings that quiet leadership. Having three seniors on the defensive line (along with Zack Wagenmann and Tonga Takai), that’s more seniors than we have anywhere else. He’s a quiet leader, a steady-Eddie who brings his lunch pail to work every day. He’s from Dillon, Montana -- he’s a quiet, soft-spoken dude who comes to work.”
Rehm has already earned a degree in management information systems and is currently in the MBA program. One semester this summer and he should be done. He’d like to pursue a career in the business world, preferably in Montana. There’s one more thing Rehm can include on his resume: he’s an All-Big Sky academic pick.

54524b31819ab.preview-699.jpg

With a large crop of seniors blanketed across the Montana Grizzlies' starting secondary, a bench full of hungry, young players await their turn. This is where Jake Dallaserra finds himself. The redshirt junior, after flipping between wide receiver and safety, found a home on the back end of the defense this season. The Butte native has racked up 14 total tackles in limited time this season, highlighted by a forced fumble against South Dakota. Dallaserra, who sees the field mostly as Montana's nickel back, took some time to talk to the Missoulian before the Grizzlies' home contest against Sacramento State.
Q: You guys are still in a decent spot in the Big Sky despite the loss. You still control your own destiny. How do you move forward with that?

A: There’s no doubt in our mind that we’re not going to win (the conference). We’re still going to get out and get that Big Sky championship and then go from there to see what happens after the Cat game.

Q: You hail from Butte, so growing up were you a pretty big Griz fan?

A: I was a big Griz fan. But it’s kind of funny because my other brother, Kyle, he wrestled at the University of Michigan so that was the first school that I really knew as a kid. And I didn’t really know what college was, so I was always a Wolverine fan. But then I came to my first Griz game and have been a fan since. Playing has always been a dream.

Q: Do you have a favorite Griz game from when you were a kid?

A: Well I couldn’t say I was really a kid but maybe it was about seven or eight years ago or whatever, and we’re playing Appalachian State here in a night game. It was snowing like hell and on fourth down, App State threw the ball up and Shann Schillinger made a beautiful tip play. Just a great game.

Q: Seeing as you’re from Butte and Montana has that legacy with Colt Anderson hailing from there, are you connected with Colt in any way then?

A: I train with him in the offseason. He gives me some tips and keys on what to do. He’s definitely been pretty influential throughout the course of my career here. And I just try to represent Butte as much as I can while I’m out here. It’s a big part of me being here.

Back