• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Favorite Wa-Griz Upgrade memories

My next upgrade wish is for UM to get the ref's microphones figured out. It's amazing they haven't figured out how to keep them from cutting in and out all the time.

reinell30 said:
East side expansion is my favorite. This allowed me to buy all my season tickets!

Just wish they had gone with the original plan of expanding it by 8,000 instead of 4,000. Doubt we'd fill it for every game, but having 30,000 for the big ones would be awesome.

Htowngriz said:
reinell30 said:
East side expansion is my favorite. This allowed me to buy all my season tickets!

Just wish they had gone with the original plan of expanding it by 8,000 instead of 4,000. Doubt we'd fill it for every game, but having 30,000 for the big ones would be awesome.

I'd still like to see the expansion on the West side, upgrade the boxes and add beer to the stadium, and make a beer gardens inside the stadium somewhere so you could still watch the game while consuming. Maybe a second level above the west side like a huge deck or raised patio in the center of the expansion section.

My first game in Wa/Griz was the Jackson State playoff game in '86. Having just been built, both end zones were still grass....seems like such a quaint time. lol

Been back for many games over the years, But my favorite upgrade would have to be the move to Sprinturf.

The box up in the Majestic plaza is angled a little bit which I think makes the sound of the stadium louder by rebounding the soundwaves back onto the field. I hope someday they make the west side upgraded, much bigger, friendlier for our friends at ROOT sports to broadcast, and the same angled approach to bounce sound off. Also I would love for a SEZ upgrade to look as badass as the NEZ yo!

But, back on topic, my favorite upgrade has to be the NEZ just due to the ruckus and the noise.
My least favorite is the collapsable goal posts. I liked to be able to tear them down.

Htowngriz said:
reinell30 said:

The original plan for the second deck expansion was initially 4,000, but was cut back to only 2,000. But I do agree with you that I wish they would have done the full expansion. It would have been a lot cheaper to do it then than it will be when they expand it in the future.

grizfan406 said:
The box up in the Majestic plaza is angled a little bit which I think makes the sound of the stadium louder by rebounding the soundwaves back onto the field. I hope someday they make the west side upgraded, much bigger, friendlier for our friends at ROOT sports to broadcast, and the same angled approach to bounce sound off. Also I would love for a SEZ upgrade to look as badass as the NEZ yo!

But, back on topic, my favorite upgrade has to be the NEZ just due to the ruckus and the noise.
My least favorite is the collapsable goal posts. I liked to be able to tear them down.

Apparently there is a plan to make the SEZ mirror what the NEZ looks like, or something close to it. I'm not sure how they do it with the Champions Center going in the Southwest corner, but I'm sure any expansion plans for the SEZ will make it that much louder. :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
Htowngriz said:
reinell30 said:

The original plan for the second deck expansion was initially 4,000, but was cut back to only 2,000. But I do agree with you that I wish they would have done the full expansion. It would have been a lot cheaper to do it then than it will be when they expand it in the future.

My mistake, that makes more sense.

get'em_griz said:
grizfan406 said:

Apparently there is a plan to make the SEZ mirror what the NEZ looks like, or something close to it. I'm not sure how they do it with the Champions Center going in the Southwest corner, but I'm sure any expansion plans for the SEZ will make it that much louder. :thumb:

I would rather them add a deck above the western portion of the stadium...and maybe a deck above the champions center....

I hope they always have a gap where the student section enters because that mountain looks soooo cool right through that view....its also a very intimidating site to opposing players as they enter....

Im totally for adding decks to any other areas....for some reason I like stadiums that arent completely symmetrical

Back