• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Playoffs predictions

grizd said:
The.Real.2506 said:
NativeGriz said:
Is USD a lot better vs. 2014 or did Cal Poly just play a bad game and how much does NDSU beat them by this weekend? I am guessing 52-14.
CP played USD in the second week of the year in SLO and lost 38-16, second time around CP played them better and lost 35-21

CP beat USD in the second week at CP 38-16.

Announcer said SD beating CP was like little brother finally beating big brother. Montana fans should understand that illustration.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Brinty you got it all wrong (and I probably do too):

Round 1
Cal Poly over San Diego
Villanova over Saint Francis
Chattanooga over Weber State
New Hampshire over Lehigh
Youngstown St. over Samford
Wofford over Charleston So.
Richmond over NC A&T
Illinois State over Central Ark.

Round 2
NDSU over Cal Poly
SDSU over Villanova
Chattanooga over SHSU
James Madison over UNH
Youngstown St. over Jacksonville St.
Citadel over Wofford
Richmond over North Dakota
EWU over Illinois St.

Quarter-Finals
NDSU over SDSU
James Madison over Chattanooga
Youngstown State over Citadel
EWU over Richmond

Semi-Finals
James Madison over NDSU
EWU over Youngstown St.

Championship
James Madison over EWU
6 out of 8 (missed USD & Central Ark.)
I've got 6 out of 8 again (missed Chatty/SHSU & Wofford/Citadel). I may nail these final 4 if all of the home teams win this weekend.

A little late to the prediction party so I won't post a QF or SF guess but I feel its quite easy to see NDSU will win yet another title and continue their run to 10 straight before they finally lose.

Cujo said:
A little late to the prediction party so I won't post a QF or SF guess but I feel its quite easy to see NDSU will win yet another title and continue their run to 10 straight before they finally lose.

Interesting observation.

First NDSU plays a team that already beat them in Fargo this year.

Second NDSU will play one of the hottest teams in the country in their semifinal match

Finally NDSU would most likely play EWU in the chipper, a team that took them to OT in Fargo (without Kupp for the majority)

They may win it all, but it won't be easy...

marceagfan5 said:
Cujo said:

Interesting observation.

First NDSU plays a team that already beat them in Fargo this year.

Second NDSU will play one of the hottest teams in the country in their semifinal match

Finally NDSU would most likely play EWU in the chipper, a team that took them to OT in Fargo (without Kupp for the majority)

They may win it all, but it won't be easy...
I said this last year and it didnt pan out.....but I think this is the year that they fall off the top. They're going to have to beat a very good Jackrabbit team, then they would face a buzz-saw offense in SHSU or JMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a bow Oredigger Griz. You nailed the four teams in the semis. And after watching that demolition of SHSU by James Madison----- should be a very interesting game in the Fargo Dome this coming weekend.

James Madison looked like the complete package----both offense and defense--- and could go on to win it all. Of course the Bison may have something to say about that!!

Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

Round 1
Cal Poly over San Diego
Richmond over NC A&T

Round 2
NDSU over Cal Poly
SDSU over Villanova
Chattanooga over SHSU
James Madison over UNH
Citadel over Wofford
EWU over Illinois St.

Quarter-Finals
NDSU over SDSU
EWU over Richmond

Semi-Finals
James Madison over NDSU
EWU over Youngstown St.

Championship
James Madison over EWU
I've got 6 out of 8 again (missed Chatty/SHSU & Wofford/Citadel). I may nail these final 4 if all of the home teams win this weekend.
Nailed these 4...16 out of 20 overall. Man I hope the Bison's run is coming to an end...
Thanks for the shout-out Grizfromhel...there is no skill involved, only luck haha

Even if the Bison lose out this year. They will be back next year. I don't see that program slowing down.

fanofzoo said:
The_Real_Chief said:
NDSU over JMU
YSU over Eastern

NDSU over YSU

I think you got it backwards.

JMU over the turds

Ewoo over YSU

Want Ewoo but JMU takes it.

No way NDSU loses the rest of the way, and I see EWU's offense being slowed down by YSU. I want EWU to win it all but i'm being realistic.

'68griz said:
The_Real_Chief said:
NDSU over JMU
YSU over Eastern

NDSU over YSU
Oh, I hope you are totally wrong.

Going with my head on this one. I hope i'm wrong as well, but NDSU has shown me nothing to say otherwise. We all may not be fans of them, but no denying their dominance over the last half decade.

http://wkbn.com/2016/12/12/sources-ysu-football-players-may-be-suspended-for-semifinal-game/

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Youngstown State University’s football team may be short-handed this weekend in the FCS National Semifinals.

Sources tell WKBN 27 First News that four or five football players, three of which are significant contributors, could be suspended and may not be making the trip to the game.

A source said the suspensions may be the result of drug testing after the Jacksonville State game.

Athletic Director Ron Strollo responded with the following statement:

If true, we have had a longstanding practice of not commenting on any conduct/team violation/suspension issues. Hope you understand. Thanks.
Coach Bo Pellini declined to comment. The YSU Athletic Department said Pellini would not address the suspension issue Monday night during his radio show, which is controlled by the department.

YSU beat the Wofford Terriers 30-23 on Saturday at the Ice Castle in double overtime, sending them to the final four. The team faces up against Eastern Washington on Saturday.

YSU running back and starter Martin Ruiz was involved in only one play in last Saturday’s game. He did not play the rest of the game due to a “coach’s decision.”

After the game, the only thing Pellini said about Ruiz was, “Yeah, he just, you know, that was our decision. Yeah, he’s okay.”

It is unknown whether Ruiz has been suspended.

YSU President Jim Tressel said he didn’t hear anything about player suspensions and pointed all questions to the sports information department.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

Round 1
Cal Poly over San Diego
Richmond over NC A&T

Round 2
NDSU over Cal Poly
SDSU over Villanova
Chattanooga over SHSU
James Madison over UNH
Citadel over Wofford
EWU over Illinois St.

Quarter-Finals
NDSU over SDSU
EWU over Richmond

Semi-Finals
James Madison over NDSU
EWU over Youngstown St.

Championship
James Madison over EWU
Nailed these 4...16 out of 20 overall. Man I hope the Bison's run is coming to an end...
Thanks for the shout-out Grizfromhel...there is no skill involved, only luck haha
One out of two...I can still hit JMU as the winner. 17 out of 22 so far.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
One out of two...I can still hit JMU as the winner. 17 out of 22 so far.
18 out of 23 with the correct champion...this will never happen again. #humblebrag

I can't wait until Montana is playing in the chipper again...it will happen, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Latest posts

Back