• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS vs FBS 2018 (Big Sky Version)

How many upsets?

• Zero, zip, nada

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • One or Two

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Three

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Four

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Five

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Six or more ?!!

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Montanabob said:
Eastern Washington (7-4) at Washington State (9-4) - Close but no win for EWU
Idaho (3-5) at Fresno State (10-4) and Florida (4-7) - Close at Fresno, Win at Florida
Idaho State (4-7) at California (5-7) and Liberty (6-5) - Close at Cal (24 point loss) and Win at Liberty.
So that is my 6....
With Turner Gill's recent recruiting problems at Liberty, I thought an ISU upset was not out of the question.

But the situation has changed. An an Independent, Liberty now has a bowl tie-in:
https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/...cle_9e286cb0-85f7-11e8-b049-6f7efcf24739.html

In a nutshell, if the conferences with tie-ins to the AutoNation Cure Bowl don't have enough bowl-eligible teams to fill the bowl, Liberty goes (if they have the required six wins). Sure, things have to break right, but that adds a whole bunch more motivation for every winnable game on Liberty's schedule. I'm afraid the B-Gals get crushed.

Montanabob said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Okay, I like a joke as much as anybody.

But who voted for 6 or more upsets?

REALLY? :-o

Eastern Washington (7-4) at Washington State (9-4) - Close but no win for EWU
Idaho (3-5) at Fresno State (10-4) and Florida (4-7) - Close at Fresno, Win at Florida
Idaho State (4-7) at California (5-7) and Liberty (6-5) - Close at Cal (24 point loss) and Win at Liberty
North Dakota (3-8) at Washington (10-3) - nope
Northern Arizona (7-5) at UTEP (0-12) - NAU by 21
Portland State (0-11) at Nevada (3-9) and Oregon (7-6) - PSU beats Nevada and not close with OU.
Sac State (7-4) at San Diego State (10-3) - nope
Southern Utah (9-3) at Oregon State (1-11) and Arizona (7-6) - Win at OSU but not AZ
UC Davis (5-6) at San Jose State (2-11) and Stanford (9-5) - Win at SJS
Weber State (11-3) at Utah (7-6) close but no..

So that is my 6....

Already got 2

Latest posts

Back