• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FWIW...........

PlayerRep said:
I will need to see how they play in the first game to even try to make any different predictions than yours.

FWIW, you have to predict how they will play in the first game. That's how predictions work. You predict before the game, not after. If it was after the game, they'd be "postdictions."

AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I will need to see how they play in the first game to even try to make any different predictions than yours.

FWIW, you have to predict how they will play in the first game. That's how predictions work. You predict before the game, not after. If it was after the game, they'd be "postdictions."

Nope. The discussion is how good the Griz will be and how good of a season or record they will have. I have never said I would or wanted to predict how UM will do in the first game. I want to see the team in action, particularly certain position groups, before assessing or predicting the season. For example, like most on the board, I can't assess how good, or not good, the o-line will be. You should probably stick to your lame attempts at humor.

AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Nope. The discussion is how good the Griz will be and how good of a season or record they will have.

The "season" includes the first game, does it not?

A season is all of the games in the season. Predicting the success and results of this season will include assessing how the team will do in anywhere between 12 and 16 games (possibly even 17). Yes, every game and every play are part of a season.

So we agree! Excellent!

Shrug.jpeg

poorgriz said:
TRoderick wanted to give QB a try, but he was either too far behind or not good enough to beat out our other QB's. He came on strong at the end of the season and will probably be listed as a starting WR in the Fall. This was the best move to help us win games,..

I think you're right about that. Roderick could help the boob-scats alot better playing , at least initially, at the WR position. But that doesn't mean that he can not be groomed, so to speak, to take snaps in the backfield, if necessary. Just in case.

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Nope. The discussion is how good the Griz will be and how good of a season or record they will have.

A season is all of the games in the season. Predicting the success and results of this season will include assessing how the team will do in anywhere between 12 and 16 games (possibly even 17). Yes, every game and every play are part of a season.

oh give me a fucking break.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

oh give me a f***[*] break.

Add something to the fu*king thread or just STFU.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:

oh give me a f***[*] break.

Add something to the fu*king thread or just STFU.

Thanks. It's such a typical post by argh. Just picking at some poster and adding nothing to the discussion or the board.

Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizbeer said:
garizzalies said:
But MickyD said, “For whatever reason, [the griz] played very well on the road since [he's] been here [and they are] a real solid road team.”

We are 63% on the road since he has been here. Wouldn't that be a D minus? Is barely passing the same as "real solid"? Not only were those road wins over bad teams (Weber, UNC, UND, UCD, SuckSt, SD, MSU) but some grizzly magic was needed too. Our record against "good" teams must be "real solid" too.

I guess that with great age comes a great disconnect?
With a typical schedule of 6 home 5 road games, winning 63% on the road and 90% at home works out to 9-2/8-3 on the season. Is that not a pretty solid record? For myself I don't feel the road record has been a problem, it is losing too many at home that has been an issue. Then again I was looking for a pitchfork and torch the other day and I seem to have misplaced them so I could be off-base here.

tokyogriz has a stockpile of them if you're still looking...

Not anymore, he had CDA (AKA: "Sparky") store them for him. They're all gone.
that explains the charcoal and twisted metal where I left the pitchfork and torch. Good thing cause I had no recollection of burning anything in my shed, just a foggy memory of trying to stay warm in the back of a trailer and things getting a tad out of hand.

Potomac Griz said:
Which game besides against NDSU and Wyoming do they think the Griz will lose to make us 2-3?

Central Washington was a 7-4 D2 team. I don't see us losing to them at home.
South Dakota was 4-8 last year. Do they think we lose to them at home?
Northern Colorado... :lol: No.

I'm no griz fan, but WORSE CASE. Griz are 3-2 into an easy non conf schedule after first 5

poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
FWIW...the Gazette is reporting that Roderick is moving back to receiver for the cats. I always saw him as the "reciever" type. In other obvious news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
I think theyre gonna have a rough time this season. Nothing seems to be pointing in the right direction for them.

?? - if you're talking about this move... this is nothing but good news for the CATS. TR wanted to give QB a try, but he was either too far behind or not good enough to beat out our other QB's. He came on strong at the end of the season and will probably be listed as a starting WR in the Fall. This was the best move to help us win games, and we'll win plenty of games in 2014, count on it. :thumb:
Fuck off! We only accept Eagle trolls now. Are you guys even fielding a team this year?

Ursa Major said:
poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
FWIW...the Gazette is reporting that Roderick is moving back to receiver for the cats. I always saw him as the "reciever" type. In other obvious news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
I think theyre gonna have a rough time this season. Nothing seems to be pointing in the right direction for them.

?? - if you're talking about this move... this is nothing but good news for the CATS. TR wanted to give QB a try, but he was either too far behind or not good enough to beat out our other QB's. He came on strong at the end of the season and will probably be listed as a starting WR in the Fall. This was the best move to help us win games, and we'll win plenty of games in 2014, count on it. :thumb:
f*** off! We only accept Eagle trolls now. Are you guys even fielding a team this year?

Much like their football team, their trolls are fading into mediocrity, now a distant third behind EWU and NDSU.

jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:

f*** off! We only accept Eagle trolls now. Are you guys even fielding a team this year?

Much like their football team, their trolls are fading into mediocrity, now a distant third behind EWU and NDSU.

Great posts you two!

Back