• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Genatone to portal

So the timing of their "quitting" determines whether they're "quitters?"
That can be a factor, but there are multiple factors. Being a “quitter” is different than moving on or going from one place to another. I did a prior post in a similar topic. So you think everyone who changes jobs or schools is a quitter?

That can be a factor, but there are multiple factors. Being a “quitter” is different than moving on or going from one place to another. I did a prior post in a similar topic. So you think everyone who changes jobs or schools is a quitter?
Quitter was your word, not mine.

I think I can help:

Some players enter the portal to look for better opportunities for themselves. Those players are NOT selfish or quitters; whereas

Other players enter the portal to look for better opportunities for themselves. Those players ARE selfish and quitters.

That's the gist of my understanding.

Yes, there is quitter and quitting (moving on). I didn't call any Griz leaving a quitter, except McDowell. He quit on his team.

"one that quits. especially : one that gives up too easily : defeatist. Mar 4, 2024"

Quitter Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › quitter
"a person who gives up easily or does not have the courage or determination to finish a task."

Deintion of quitting: "verb (used with object),quit or quit·ted, quit·ting. to stop, cease, or discontinue"

I think I can help:

Some players enter the portal to look for better opportunities for themselves. Those players are NOT selfish or quitters; whereas

Other players enter the portal to look for better opportunities for themselves. Those players ARE selfish and quitters.

That's the gist of my understanding.
Most players who are not starters and who move on from a team are not quitters.

Would you rather be called a quitter, or be referred to as someone moved to a different team or stropped player? I know you see the difference. But happy to continue the discussion to eternity.

I had responded to one of your earlier silly posts with this: "It depends on whether they were good teammates, liked and respected by teammates and coaches, selfish, liked Montana, and-or pains in the rear." It's more than this, but these are some factors I would use.

I'm generally okay with starting FCS qb's moving up to be FBS qb's. However, I don't like a particular starting FCS qb talking like he is going to help take the team to Frisco again, and then going into the Portal the next day with what turned out to be zero plan. Unless his teammates didn't like him or want him, he let his team down.

Last edited:
Most players who are not starters and who move on from a team are not quitters.

Would you rather be called a quitter, or be referred to as someone moved to a different team or stropped player? I know you see the difference. But happy to continue the discussion to eternity.

What about if (and this is purely hypothetical) a staff tells a player he can best serve the team by playing a certain position. But the player wants to play a different position, so he leaves the program. Did that guy quit on his team by refusing to help the team as best he can?

What about if (and this is purely hypothetical) a staff tells a player he can best serve the team by playing a certain position. But the player wants to play a different position, so he leaves the program. Did that guy quit on his team by refusing to help the team as best he can?
Nope. Generally not, but players who played with him would know better. By the way, Edwards was in fact the starter most of the time last season. I see that in the Notes for the NDSU game, Edwards and Hustedt are listed as OR. That affects my view a bit.

Last edited:
Why are you so stupid or such a jerk that you can't see what is a typo? If you can't understand my posts, then feel free not to read them. The good news is that most posters now know what a loser you are.

Initial post was stating facts regarding McDowell. Response was stating facts regarding other “quitters”.
Only starters and QBs can be quitters....come on CDA....are you another "loser" that doesn't understand hoopsietnese??

None of them are quitters. Every one of them is looking out for his best interests, and there is nothing wrong with that. Some of the departures upset us fans more than others, but, whatever the individual reasons may be, none of it really is our business.

None of them are quitters. Every one of them is looking out for his best interests, and there is nothing wrong with that. Some of the departures upset us fans more than others, but, whatever the individual reasons may be, none of it really is our business.
McDowell quit on the team. His best interest is going to McNeese? It may not be our business, but fans are welcome to comment on it. None of the departures upset me in any respect. Frequently acting in one’s best interest is being selfish, in my view.

Committed to Nebraska, glad UM paid to train and feed him for two years for Nebraska to reap the benefits

Yes, there is quitter and quitting (moving on). I didn't call any Griz leaving a quitter, except McDowell. He quit on his team.

"one that quits. especially : one that gives up too easily : defeatist. Mar 4, 2024"

Quitter Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › quitter
"a person who gives up easily or does not have the courage or determination to finish a task."

Deintion of quitting: "verb (used with object),quit or quit·ted, quit·ting. to stop, cease, or discontinue"
How very lawyerly of you…

Committed to Nebraska, glad UM paid to train and feed him for two years for Nebraska to reap the benefits
The portal goes both ways. Bobby and staff brought in some very talented transfers this winter. In each case, some other school paid to feed and train them. It is what it is.

Back