• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GOOD THING BOBBY IS GONE

Never was I so relieved to see a coach go. In my opinion, and that of many other fans, Hauck was such a case of arrested development that he couldn’t even conduct a half time interview with any grace or politeness. Seeing his rude punk act on television behaving in an insulting way to whichever poor interviewer -- who was only trying to do his or her job -- was an embarrassment to the University. Good riddance.

bigskyguy said:
GeauxGriz said:
bigskyguy said:
Just a history note, Bobby in 7 years lost 3 games by double digits to BSC teams.

Also a historical note, Hauck did not inherit a team that was:

1)finishing up several years NCAA restrictions

2) Going through a scandal that made national headlines (this, at very least, contributed to fewer kids actually coming to UM)

3) Suffocated by a head coach that got the job because he was a nice guy that would help clean up image of the program even if he had no ability to progress the program forward in level of play or recruiting.

As a history note:
1) Bobby's teams showed up prepared
2) The team yesterday was not prepared
3) This team is not better coached

Also history:

Bobby lost 11 games in his first three seasons...

UMGriz75 said:
Well, his decision made him a millionaire. There's that.

Millionaire? I suppose it is possible if you are not married and have no kids, but $350k/year for three years does not make somebody a millionaire.

dr.-evil-million-dollar-term-policy-300x241.jpg

GeauxGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
Millionaire? I suppose it is possible if you are not married and have no kids, but $350k/year for three years does not make somebody a millionaire.
Well, assuming he saved something previously, he got one year in under his last three year contract at $700,000 a year, and then a $400,000 buy-out, although entitled to a $700,000 buyout. A Hundred Thousand here and a Hundred Thousand there, and pretty soon you are talking real money.

Greenacres Griz said:
Wow it really sucked winning BCS championships year in and year out and contending for national championships. Stints offense is amazing.

Amen! Bobby's teams had swagger, confidence, that i'm going to kick your a** mentality week in and week out. I know all the Bobby haters will say he never won the big game, but the truth is at least we were there every year. It would have been fun seeing the absolute slug fests we would have had with NDSU playing Bobby Ball. Pure paint swapping physical football.

UMGriz75 said:
Maxim said:
Sure Bobby left for an opportunity and more money but he also got tired of all the criticism here even though we had great success. If he had felt more supported he might have stayed longer but I'm sure he probably would have left at some point.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, no NO. He would have stayed for 150k if we'd have just LOVED him more!!! :lol: :lol:

Nothing shows a person's emotional side has supplanted thought and logic than a diatribe of what if's based on looking in the rear view mirror.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Nothing shows a person's emotional side has supplanted thought and logic than a diatribe of what if's based on looking in the rear view mirror.
60922266.jpg

Brock Landers said:
bigskyguy said:
Just a history note, Bobby in 7 years lost 3 games by double digits to BSC teams.
The Big Sky was horrible for most of that.

And why did I bump this? Fail by me.

The Big Sky was very good during those years. Ranked ahead of the MV conference many of those years.

MrTitleist said:
The MV was also bad as that was long before NDSU was off to the races.
True...Also the heyday of the CAA, and Southern conferences.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:
Brock Landers said:
bigskyguy said:
The Big Sky was horrible for most of that.

And why did I bump this? Fail by me.

The Big Sky was very good during those years. Ranked ahead of the MV conference many of those years.
Uh, if you say so

So one of the best offenses in the nation and one of the best defenses in years, not to mention one of the best D lines in program history and you guys are talking about the guy that damn near sank the ship? This site has turned into a real pile of shit.

NLGrizFan said:
So one of the best offenses in the nation and one of the best defenses in years, not to mention one of the best D lines in program history and you guys are talking about the guy that damn near sank the ship? This site has turned into a real pile of shit.

This is a great and accurate post except for the bolded.

Back