• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great moment from the press conference - ovation for Mick

Umista said:
I liked the old fart. He was not the best coach we have had but one hell of a nice guy. Enjoy your retired days and come around and visit us every once in a while Mick!

He's still trying to figure out if he's retiring in Missoula or Butte. He has grandkids that have moved to Missoula, and he has grandkids in Butte and Bozeman. He's got a lot to enjoy in retirement! :D

Job well done Coach Delaney. You held down the fort in a rough time, and beat the cats 2-3 :thumb: A well deserved retirement!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you Coach, loved what you did with the gift you were given. You treated it with the honor it deserves. Enjoy some time with the wife and grandkids, you Sir have earned it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mick's worth probably will not be fully appreciated until he shuffles off this mortal coil. Like my dad, he taught and interacted with generations of young people. When my dad died we heard from his ex-students and colleagues from all over the world and walks of life. Amazing where people end up. I believe that over the years Mick has left a HUGE footprint by just being himself. We should all do so well.

SaskGriz said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you Coach, loved what you did with the gift you were given. You treated it with the honor it deserves. Enjoy some time with the wife and grandkids, you Sir have earned it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: He gave us stability through a rough time. And he did it with Class also. I don't know him personally but know a lot of people that do and I don't think I have ever heard anyone say anything negative about him. He's a first class man and I'm proud that he's a Griz for life! Enjoy your retirement, Mick, you deserve it. And Thank You! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is Coach Delaney in the Butte Sports Hall of Fame? If not, he should be. If not, he will be inducted this year.

maroon said:
Is Coach Delaney in the Butte Sports Hall of Fame? If not, he should be. If not, he will be inducted this year.

his profile is on the wall at the Metals sports bar in Butte. same thing, right?

BozAngelesGriz said:
maroon said:

his profile is on the wall at the Metals sports bar in Butte. same thing, right?

No that's the coaches corner, famous coaches from Butte.

The Butte sports hall of fame is in the lobby of the civic center. I don't think Delaney is in it but hopefully that changes soon!!

Thank you Mick!!! You really are a great person, and a fun person to talk to. When you took over ......wow...could have really been a train wreak for this program....they could not have picked, or asked anybody better to see us through those troubled times! You have my respect and a very, heart felt THANK YOU!!!

Adding my thanks to this excellent thread. While I was working on some projects at the U, he would often come by to check on our progress. I always felt like family when he spoke to us. You won't find a more genuine person and coach. Thanks Mick!

Back