• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Green Bay Packers

ordigger said:
putter said:
billingsgriz said:
As a Hawk and Vikings' fan, I have shed no tears for Green Bay.

I was mystified why McCarthy didn't go for the TD's in the first quarter, first half when GB was down close to Seattle's goal line. He probably thought 3 points were better than a goose egg, but he also probably knew or at least should have that he wasn't going to beat The Hawks at home in Seattle with field goals.

The great news for GRIZ Nation is Brock Coyle has a chance as a member of The Hawks to win a ring a year after starting for us as our MLB--how cool is that ?

For that to happen, though, Seattle is going to have to play two good halves, not just one, and Wilson can't throw 4 int's again, and the Hawk D is going to have to get a good rush on Tom Brady. If that doesn't happen, Brady will pick apart The Hawk D, and it is going to be a long afternoon and early evening for The Hawks !!!

The last 2 QB's Tom Brady has faced in the SB and won was Jake Delhomme and Donovan McNabb...... :D

Hmmm.....McNabb the greatest Eagle qb of all time, and one of the best of his generation in his prime, and Delhomme who that year had a damn good year. Poor attempt at a knock.

Sorry digger, I disagree. Maybe on McNabb because of his years but neither of them will compare to the Seahawks if they can win back to back against Manning and Brady.

The biggest mistake the Packers made was to pass on third down instead of running the ball and taking another minute off the clock.

That game was over when Mrs. McCarthy made Mike leave his nuts at home. Kicking FG's on the goal line is never right unless you're up 6 with a minute left...even then it stinks.

jodcon said:
That game was over when Mrs. McCarthy made Mike leave his nuts at home. Kicking FG's on the goal line is never right unless you're up 6 with a minute left...even then it stinks.
4th and goal from the one and McCarthy doesn't believe Lacey can get that yard? Packer fans are a lot like bobcat fans in that when they flame out, the wild stories and excuses are just wtf

After the last pick I seen a run, run, run, punt/burn the clock scheme that we all know so well. That never seems to work.

...the best way to describe it...
...that the packers fell apart...
...like a two dollar suitcase...

... :oops: ...

grizindabox said:
The poster children for playing it safe and not stepping on the throats of the opponent. This is why I have no issue when teams run up the score. Offenses are suppose to score points and defenses are supposed to stop them from doing it...

And don't get me wrong, I am not talking when bottom tier FCS school is playing a FBS money game...but if you are playing a "like-kind" school...bury them
Avoiding to run up the score??? There are about 10 things that had to happen for the Packers to lose, but none of the reasons are due to the Packers avoiding to run the score up. The Packers played their hearts out right up until the end, but there were about 3-5 coaching mistakes and 5+ player made mistakes. You eliminate any one or maybe two of the mistakes and Green Bay wins. You could also blame the coin toss; you know if GB wins the toss, Rodgers takes his team down the field and wins the game. Maybe God is Seahawk fan, because it took a miracle for Seattle to win that game.

If Seattle repeats, putter, Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson, along with Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagoner, Cam Chancellor, and Marshawn Lynch go into the Hall of Fame hopefully several years down the road. (I suppose if Russell Wilson's right arm falls off or if Richard Sherman chokes to death on his Campbell's Chunky Soup it might not happen, but it's real hard to keep good-great players with two rings out of the NFL Hall of Fame.)

And you're right--IF The Seattle Seahawks defeat NE, they will have defeated a future first-round HOF QB in Peyton Manning last year and a future first-round HOF QB and Coach in Brady and Belichick this year. Pete Carroll just needs to make sure to bring his tire gauge to the game so that the "Cheatriots" are not throwing softballs !!!)

And most importantly for GRIZ Nation: Brock Coyle gets a ring !!!

billingsgriz said:
If Seattle repeats, putter, Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson, along with Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagoner, Cam Chancellor, and Marshawn Lynch go into the Hall of Fame hopefully several years down the road. (I suppose if Russell Wilson's right arm falls off or if Richard Sherman chokes to death on his Campbell's Chunky Soup it might not happen, but it's real hard to keep good-great players with two rings out of the NFL Hall of Fame.)

And you're right--IF The Seattle Seahawks defeat NE, they will have defeated a future first-round HOF QB in Peyton Manning last year and a future first-round HOF QB and Coach in Brady and Belichick this year Pete Carroll just needs to make sure to bring his tire gauge to the game that the "Cheatriots" are not throwing softballs !!!)

And most importantly for GRIZ Nation: Brock Coyle gets a ring !!!
excellent post, going from Sherman choking on his soup to Brock getting a SB ring! :clap:

The Packers lost because of the power of Karma. Here's why. Dallas beat Detroit with the help of a probably mistaken non-call. Then Karma got Dallas against GB, not because of a bad call, but because of probably the stupidest rule in pro football. Bryant had complete and total control of the ball all the way until he tried to stretch it to the goal line, a common football move that is ALWAYS called " the ground can't cause a fumble." So GB got paid back in Seattle. I'm not sure what I'd pin it on, but Seattle will probably lose to NE, just because they had no business winning against GB. (But I'm glad they did)

I can understand the Packer's not going for the touchdown on the first 4th and goal from inside the 1 yard line because at that point you want to secure some points. But the second time is a mystery. The Pack was already up by 3 and if there wa ever a time for a go for it mentality that would have been it.

Despite the late throw's from Wilson, it was the Seahawk D that deserves all the credit. I think I saw where GB had around 270 yards for the whole game! Facing a QB like Rodgers and a running back like Lacey with all their other weapons and allowing under 300 yards is a terrific accomplishment.

Gaeilge1 said:
I can understand the Packer's not going for the touchdown on the first 4th and goal from inside the 1 yard line because at that point you want to secure some points. But the second time is a mystery. The Pack was already up by 3 and if there wa ever a time for a go for it mentality that would have been it.

Despite the late throw's from Wilson, it was the Seahawk D that deserves all the credit. I think I saw where GB had around 270 yards for the whole game! Facing a QB like Rodgers and a running back like Lacey with all their other weapons and allowing under 300 yards is a terrific accomplishment.
its the nfc championship game. if lacey can't get one yard then they deserve to lose.

Big G said:
The patriots will beat the seahawks, Brady is the best QB in NFL history.

Being a lifelong Patriot fan since the days of Randy Vataha, Josh Ashton & a new qb named Jim Plunkett - I don't even believe he is the best QB in Patriot history. He's put up gaudy numbers for sure and led them to some great years - but the greatest Patriot qb of all time would be a stud in offenses these days, he could throw and he could run it - but sadly injuries cut him down most of his career. Newton, Wilson, Griffith, etc all would play 2nd fiddle to him.

Big G said:
The patriots will beat the seahawks, Brady is the best QB in NFL history.

No doubt he is up there but being 3-3 in Super Bowls will keep him from being the best in NFL history.

Latest posts

Back