• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ PICKS vs. Weber State

Griz ~ 49
Chop blockers -31

"It's a play I love to call when we play Montana"
340x.jpg

I'm not too optimistic about this game, but I'll try.
If Bobby can just pick a starting QB and we field at least one decent cornerback, I think the Griz win this one easily.
But otherwise Weber is playing for everything out there, since if they lose they are very likely going to miss the playoff.
Nope, I don't see this one being easy. Weber has cultivated some bad blood for the Grizzlies this last season. The Griz better practice and play well.
But for the sake of optimism I'll assume one QB (doesn't matter which one) and at least one CB...

Griz 42

Weber St. 38

Bear Axed said:
Griz ~ 49
Chop blockers -31

"It's a play I love to call when we play Montana"
340x.jpg

Is this what you are referring to? Mac said it was the worst injury he's seen in his 40+ yrs of coaching.
(2007 WSU @ UM game)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30418

I really dont know what to think about this game...

If UM plays the bend over and take it defense then I think the score will be REALLY HIGH. But if the D coaches have been circling this game and holding alot back then our D will shine. I have watched Weber on the internet three times this year and there is one certainty.

IF YOU DONT PRESSURE THE WEBER QB HE WILL KILL YOU!!! This has been true since the begining of the passing game, I just hope the D finds a way to pressure him. If Sac State can throw for a billion yards, what will Weber do?

Comon coach let them loose... here is hoping

UM 42
Weber 28

Paytonlives said:

If UM plays the bend over and take it defense then I think the score will be REALLY HIGH. But if the D coaches have been circling this game and holding alot back then our D will shine. I have watched Weber on the internet three times this year and there is one certainty.

IF YOU DONT PRESSURE THE WEBER QB HE WILL KILL YOU!!! This has been true since the begining of the passing game, I just hope the D finds a way to pressure him. If Sac State can throw for a billion yards, what will Weber do?

UM 42
Weber 28
Agreed 100%
If Higgins can just sit back there and look for Toone we will get our asses handed to us at the tunnel.
True, this is a must win for Weber but for sure we could drop far in the polls if we loose this one. I think there are poll voters out there just waiting for us to slip so they can drop us down, way down.
I do however think on "O" we have more talented players by sheer number then Weber, not better but more depth at skill positions. I think this will be the difference in the game.
Look for personal fouls to play a BIG part in this game. TONS OF EMOTION IN THIS ONE!!!! on both sides.

grizare#1 said:
Paytonlives said:

UM 42
Weber 28
Agreed 100%
If Higgins can just sit back there and look for Toone we will get our asses handed to us at the tunnel.
True, this is a must win for Weber but for sure we could drop far in the polls if we loose this one. I think there are poll voters out there just waiting for us to slip so they can drop us down, way down.
I do however think on "O" we have more talented players by sheer number then Weber, not better but more depth at skill positions. I think this will be the difference in the game.
Look for personal fouls to play a BIG part in this game. TONS OF EMOTION IN THIS ONE!!!! on both sides.

Even if we lose, as long as it is a close game, then we shouldn't drop below the top 10 IMO. I would even venture to say we would probably end up around the 5-7 spot.

44-34 Griz win. It'll be a back and forth game well into the 4th quarter. Griz get a TD with less than two minutes remaining to seal the deal.

OK - Griz-45
Cats - 32

1st team Defensive backs are healthy, Hauck pulls out all the stops with some trick plays and no one stops Chase anywhere near the goal line. Both QBs are comfortable with the receivers now.If we don't lose the turnover war - we win and score a bunch. Weber scores too, but we are at home.

It's going to be so much fun and soooooo friggin loud!
Can't Wait! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This game will really depend on the health of Johnson and Thompson. If both play, they will really help a defense which really struggled last week. However, even if one or both do return, this will be a shootout. With the way the offense is playing, I feel confident the Griz will do what it takes to pull off the W.

GRIZ - 41

Weber State - 35

Latest posts

Back