• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Grizzly swats camera video

EverettGriz said:
reinell30 said:
Hunted both animals in Alaska and the fish and game believes them to be two different animals as well....

Alaska does, for sure, especially when it comes to hunting. But they're all Grizzlies, just like all dogs, whether wild or domestic, are all canis lupus.

I think we're all essentially arguing the same thing, though.

I agree, same thing!

I think all "brown" bears in AK are genetically very similar or identical ? I think it's as simple as where they live and what they eat. Not sure how B&C, P&Y, SCI or whatever distinguish between the two. Exact location of harvest possibly? If that's the case a bear living near the boundary could be a Grizzly in the morning and.....well, you get where I'm coming from.

I asked my brother in AK this is what he text back...."Kodiak's eat Eskimos and salmon. Grizzlies eat Lumberjacks and Caribou." Settles that I guess.

SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:
Your own link proves me right. But I'm happy to see you used a reputable source like Pets.com....

And I'm trying to protect collies from your fellow kitty fan, dogshit3, who regularly and routinely molests them. Try to keep up if you're going to post here.

"Though Kodiak bears and grizzly bears are part of the same species of brown bear, they are different enough to constitute two subspecies"

Maybe it's the same thing to the voices inside your head, but they're 2 different sub-species... Evolution man,
try and keep up.
But, If one is walking exactly 75 miles from the ocean beach he's half Kodiak half Griz
:thumb:
and if his aunt had nut's she'd be his uncle

All I know is all these amateur zoologists aren't worried about a Bobcat knocking over shit, cuz they don't get close enough. #pre-season,national flag football champs.

signedbewildered said:
I think all "brown" bears in AK are genetically very similar or identical ? I think it's as simple as where they live and what they eat. Not sure how B&C, P&Y, SCI or whatever distinguish between the two. Exact location of harvest possibly? If that's the case a bear living near the boundary could be a Grizzly in the morning and.....well, you get where I'm coming from.

I asked my brother in AK this is what he text back...."Kodiak's eat Eskimos and salmon. Grizzlies eat Lumberjacks and Caribou." Settles that I guess.

Hahaha!! Perfect

Atlanta Griz1 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
We should nominate, then elect a poster to go stand in the Bob or Glacier NP with steak in his hand and a go-pro on his head. Not really sure who would win.

I vote we just go ahead and nominate AtlantaGriz1 for this now and save time.

Would me leaving make your nonsensical posts more relevant in your mind?

Are you offering?

SaskGriz said:
All I know is all these amateur zoologists aren't worried about a Bobcat knocking over shit, cuz they don't get close enough. #pre-season,national flag football champs.

Be careful not to confuse the sound of the Bobcat with the sound of a mountain lion.....it gets confusing (to some)

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
We should nominate, then elect a poster to go stand in the Bob or Glacier NP with steak in his hand and a go-pro on his head. Not really sure who would win.

Are you offering?

I'm certain we could crowd-source some seed money and get some sponsors. Heck, go-pro would probably donate the hardware. Now we just need some steaks, a transport vehicle, and a really nice jersey for Atl Griz to wear during the event. We could live-stream it. Revenue might get us some additional stadium upgrades.

SoldierGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Are you offering?

I'm certain we could crowd-source some seed money and get some sponsors. Heck, go-pro would probably donate the hardware. Now we just need some steaks, a transport vehicle, and a really nice jersey for Atl Griz to wear during the event. We could live-stream it. Revenue might get us some additional stadium upgrades.

Thats one lucky grizzly

Yukon said:
who the hell is the crazy bastard that stands the camera back up at the end? he's about 15' from that bear.

That was my question! I was watching with my daughter, and we both wondered why that bear didn't maul the guy out of spite. He clearly didn't care for the smell of that gopro. Ha!

SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:
Your own link proves me right. But I'm happy to see you used a reputable source like Pets.com....

And I'm trying to protect collies from your fellow kitty fan, dogshit3, who regularly and routinely molests them. Try to keep up if you're going to post here.

"Though Kodiak bears and grizzly bears are part of the same species of brown bear, they are different enough to constitute two subspecies"

Maybe it's the same thing to the voices inside your head, but they're 2 different sub-species... Evolution man,
try and keep up.

Your quote once again proved him right. Would you say that the Canada geese that we have in Montana are not Canada geese because there are different subspecies? They are the same species, therefore a type of grizzly bear. This is a stupid conversation for a football board, but you're so clearly wrong I had to chime in.

G-BEARS said:
SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:

try and keep up.

Your quote once again proved him right. Would you say that the Canada geese that we have in Montana are not Canada geese because there are different subspecies? They are the same species, therefore a type of grizzly bear. This is a stupid conversation for a football board, but you're so clearly wrong I had to chime in.

You know species though, most people say Canadian geese. Well done.

Back