• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hail Szczur

Drove all the way to Chatty for the Villanova game immediately after my last final of the semester. Three of us crammed in a Mustang. It was a damn shame the game plan didn't include Mariani in the 2nd half - I still stew about that.

Szczur was something else. And then the bone marrow donation was such a selfless act, you can't help but to root for the guy.

That being said...

HOW DO YOU REALLY PRONOUNCE SZCZUR

Also a big Cubs fan, while Szczur isnt on the playoff roster but he was a good piece off the bench and as a spot start all season long. A nice late inning Defensive sub and when they and a few injury's in the outfield Matt got some starts.. I think he even had a walk off but that may have been last season.. I kinda payed attention to his rise through the farm system too and was still holding a grudge until he got to Wrigley and once he put on those Blue Pinstripes I was able to move on, funny how that happens. He seems to be a genuinely good guy..

Also MM seems to be a bit of a Cubbie Fan after his time in Chicago.. He has tweeted #FlyTheW after some wins this postseason run

Hodor said:
Also a big Cubs fan, while Szczur isnt on the playoff roster but he was a good piece off the bench and as a spot start all season long. A nice late inning Defensive sub and when they and a few injury's in the outfield Matt got some starts.. I think he even had a walk off but that may have been last season.. I kinda payed attention to his rise through the farm system too and was still holding a grudge until he got to Wrigley and once he put on those Blue Pinstripes I was able to move on, funny how that happens. He seems to be a genuinely good guy..

Also MM seems to be a bit of a Cubbie Fan after his time in Chicago.. He has tweeted #FlyTheW after some wins this postseason run
I remember him having at least one homerun this season

BDizzle said:
Also a huge Cubs fan. Matt isn't actually on the Cubs playoff roster but as you've read, he is still contributing quite a bit. Not sure he will ever be an everyday player but he won some games for them off the bench. He is definitely a class act.

Oh and I met him once at a Cubs vs Pirates game when I was wearing a Griz shirt. We are like best buds now.

Nicely done, Mr. Dizzle. This is some funny shit... :clap:

Fahque said:
Hodor said:

I remember him having at least one homerun this season

You are correct Sir! 48 hits/33 singles/9 doubles/1 triple/5 HR/24 RBI/2 SB

Latest posts

Back