• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Haslam's Stamp

Grisly Fan said:
Grizzoola said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Grizzoola said:
I'm sure Joe Glenn's input on hiring Stitt was influential.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Davey Deuce?
Ah'm goin' on long assosiashun 'tween Glenn & Stitt, w/ Glenn's assosiashun wid MT. Ah'm shure dey's a connekshiun, thar. Un Ah think Stitt got haigh rekumendashuns fum Glenn & Haslam lisuned to um. Got it? Harhar!
You do realize that Glenn had only a 2 year association with the UM over a decade ago. It is really doubtful anyone even asked his opinion.
Not so fast, mah fren. Heh's quote fum Wikipedia: "After Doane, Glenn made his first stint at the University of Montana as a quarterbacks and wide receivers coach and offensive coordinator from 1980 to 1985." So, Glenn had 7-yeah assosiashun wid UM. See whut ah'm sayun?

9 years. 80-85, and 2000-2002.

First 6 are completely negated by the fact that Larry Douchb... I mean Donovan was in charge.

statler & waldorf said:
mtgrizrule said:
In 3 to 5 years from now, Kent very well could have put himself in the running for major AD jobs.

In 3 to 5 years he will be selling used cars, and Griz football will only be a memory.

Pull the hands out of your collective asses and quit being a dick.

grizatwork said:
statler & waldorf said:
mtgrizrule said:
In 3 to 5 years from now, Kent very well could have put himself in the running for major AD jobs.

In 3 to 5 years he will be selling used cars, and Griz football will only be a memory.

Pull the hands out of your collective asses and quit being a dick.

GAW, just ignore statler. He's nothing but a one-bit troll.

Grizzoola said:
Grisly Fan said:
Grizzoola said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Davey Deuce?
Ah'm goin' on long assosiashun 'tween Glenn & Stitt, w/ Glenn's assosiashun wid MT. Ah'm shure dey's a connekshiun, thar. Un Ah think Stitt got haigh rekumendashuns fum Glenn & Haslam lisuned to um. Got it? Harhar!
You do realize that Glenn had only a 2 year association with the UM over a decade ago. It is really doubtful anyone even asked his opinion.
Not so fast, mah fren. Heh's quote fum Wikipedia: "After Doane, Glenn made his first stint at the University of Montana as a quarterbacks and wide receivers coach and offensive coordinator from 1980 to 1985." So, Glenn had 7-yeah assosiashun wid UM. See whut ah'm sayun?

Wasn't Glenn the head coach for 3 years?

Was Royce the provost here when Bobby got into it with the Kaiman reporter?

Because I believe the current communications vp-guru may have been the J school dean then, and may have reminded Royce of that ruckus.

LakGriz said:
Was Royce the provost here when Bobby got into it with the Kaiman reporter?

Because I believe the current communications vp-guru may have been the J school dean then, and may have reminded Royce of that ruckus.
I'm pretty sure everyone at UM still remembers that.

It was, at the time (before the sanction shit hit the fan), the single most widely-publicized story about UM's football program ever.

I doubt Royce would need to be reminded by anyone.

Interesting in the press conference Stitt thanked Haslam for thinking outside the box and giving him a shot. Kind of gives you a view of outsiders and their view of Montana sports' history of hiring

putter said:
Interesting in the press conference Stitt thanked Haslam for thinking outside the box and giving him a shot. Kind of gives you a view of outsiders and their view of Montana sports' history of hiring

After the introduction....."Kent could have just punted but he went for it on 4th down...and now I've got to convert for him." ~ Coach Stitt

I think that says it all.

signedbewildered said:
putter said:

After the introduction....."Kent could have just punted but he went for it on 4th down...and now I've got to convert for him." ~ Coach Stitt

I think that says it all.
Well, the guy does have a way with words. He's smart.

Not only is he smart, he is passionate, energetic and motivated. He knows the ball is in his hands now. For some odd reason, I trust he wont fumble.

Back