• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck Effect on NDSU run

41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
There was an interesting story in the Fargo Forum two years ago that discussed how their trip to Missoula to beat the Griz was one of the biggest factors that led them to decide to move up to FCS.

So in other words Hauck inadvertently CAUSED the NDSU run, but for a completely different reason than the OP contends... :lol: :lol:

Not true. NDSU had already made the decision to move up. We played them in their last year. Believe that article states it gave the athletic department the confidence they could be successful.

Truth be told, we are lucky not to have played them in the 80’s and early 90’s. Their D2 championship teams were better than anything being produced by D1-AA.

Oh please. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that our ‘95 and ‘96 teams would have performed ok against whatever they were putting on the field.

AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
There was an interesting story in the Fargo Forum two years ago that discussed how their trip to Missoula to beat the Griz was one of the biggest factors that led them to decide to move up to FCS.

So in other words Hauck inadvertently CAUSED the NDSU run, but for a completely different reason than the OP contends... :lol: :lol:

Not true. NDSU had already made the decision to move up. We played them in their last year. Believe that article states it gave the athletic department the confidence they could be successful.

Truth be told, we are lucky not to have played them in the 80’s and early 90’s. Their D2 championship teams were better than anything being produced by D1-AA.

Oh please. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that our ‘95 and ‘96 teams would have performed ok against whatever they were putting on the field.

Right I said 80’s and early 90’s. Their 80’s teams would have walked through D1-AA. A lot of NFL talent on those teams and had arguably one of the best option QB’s of all time in Jeff Bertrim. Doubt you watched any of their games. Unstoppable running the ball.

41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Right I said 80’s and early 90’s. Their 80’s teams would have walked through D1-AA. A lot of NFL talent on those teams and had arguably one of the best option QB’s of all time in Jeff Bertrim. Doubt you watched any of their games. Unstoppable running the ball.

The only thing I knew about North Dakota in my formative years was that they were the butt of every joke I learned. Certainly didn’t know they played football. Then again, at the time neither did the Griz. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:

The only thing I knew about North Dakota in my formative years was that they were the butt of every joke I learned. Certainly didn’t know they played football. Then again, at the time neither did the Griz. :lol:

Too bad more of us weren’t paying attention earlier. We’d certainly have more than 2 NC’s to our name. What are they up to there now, 12, 13 national championships? All because they figured out success in football is largely predicated upon the ability to run the ball and play physical defense. Funny, maybe we should try that for once. Last guy who did won a lot of games here.

41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Too bad more of us weren’t paying attention earlier. We’d certainly have more than 2 NC’s to our name. What are they up to there now, 12, 13 national championships? All because they figured out success in football is largely predicated upon the ability to run the ball and play physical defense. Funny, maybe we should try that for once. Last guy who did won a lot of games here.

Funny, but he didn’t win any NC’s. The guy with an offense much like the guy we just canned built the system that won the NC’s.

AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:

Funny, but he didn’t win any NC’s. The guy with an offense much like the guy we just canned built the system that won the NC’s.
Both of our NC wins were because of outstanding defensive performances.

I tell you what. I live in Bozeman, and the Cat fans do NOT want Bobby Hauck to return to Montana. So getting him back in Missoula must be a good move!

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

And what GOT us there was a lights-out offense.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:
You are aware that NDSU beat a Hauck led UM team whilst still a D2 school??

Personally, I believe Pflu not getting wrongfully terminated would have had much more of an impact.

Pflu was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he wasn't wrongfully terminated.

Yet got a settlement. He was terminated for publicly backing a player, that was then found innocent by a jury for something. To me, that's wrongfully terminated. Now, there certainly were other issues, he also was, as you said, wrong place, wrong time.

My point is that we did not want the heat the Penn State got or the heat Baylor would recieve a couple years later. Pflugrad was going to be toxic here for that. It's what got Tracy Claeys fired at Minnesota as well. It's a rape scandal, and as long as kangaroo courts exist or that stigma stays after being found innocent, the consequences are going to remain the same. There's no way around it.

Except there really wasn't ever a rape scandal at UM athletics. Just media crap. One player kicked out of school, and pled guilty. No others.

bearister said:
AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:
You are aware that NDSU beat a Hauck led UM team whilst still a D2 school??

Personally, I believe Pflu not getting wrongfully terminated would have had much more of an impact.

Pflu was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he wasn't wrongfully terminated.

Yet got a settlement. He was terminated for publicly backing a player, that was then found innocent by a jury for something. To me, that's wrongfully terminated. Now, there certainly were other issues, he also was, as you said, wrong place, wrong time.

It’s amazing how memories change facts. Pflu was fired for failing to communicate up the chain of command about disciplinary matters with players that belonged in the University Disciplinary system. U presidents, and leaders generally, do not like finding out about potential scandals through calls from the press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note true. He never violated any UM policy on reporting. What you said is total BS.

When did the UM president ever find out about a potential scandal from the press?

retiredpopo said:
Memories are short I remember when people wanted pflugrad canned early on. Also he and O'Day got fired for covering shit up and of course emails never go away.

I don't recall people wanting Pflu fired early on. When? For what?

It's not true that Pflu and O'Day up anything. Provide your support--so I can shoot it down.

What emails never going away? Let's see your proof?

Why do some of you just plain make up stuff?

PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:
Memories are short I remember when people wanted pflugrad canned early on. Also he and O'Day got fired for covering shit up and of course emails never go away.

I don't recall people wanting Pflu fired early on. When? For what?

It's not true that Pflu and O'Day up anything. Provide your support--so I can shoot it down.

What emails never going away? Let's see your proof?

Why do some of you just plain make up stuff?

FOr what? 7-4, that’s what for.

SaskGriz said:
41GrizFan said:
Longtime reader of egriz, first time poster. Sounds like Hauck's return is a forgone conclusion, which is awesome!

My brother and I were talking about the state of athletics at the U and the trickle down effect Hauck leaving had. IMO, the program that benefited the most from this run is none other than NDSU. Had Hauck been here in 2011, I do not believe we get beat by Sam Houston and stop NoDak State's run before it begins in Frisco.

Thoughts?

Maybe he could have stopped ISIS, slowed global warming, and got those hard water stains out of my tub. " Bobby! Is there anything he can't do? "

You left out fixing the rift between the eastern provinces and the western provinces.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
SaskGriz said:
41GrizFan said:
Longtime reader of egriz, first time poster. Sounds like Hauck's return is a forgone conclusion, which is awesome!

My brother and I were talking about the state of athletics at the U and the trickle down effect Hauck leaving had. IMO, the program that benefited the most from this run is none other than NDSU. Had Hauck been here in 2011, I do not believe we get beat by Sam Houston and stop NoDak State's run before it begins in Frisco.

Thoughts?

Maybe he could have stopped ISIS, slowed global warming, and got those hard water stains out of my tub. " Bobby! Is there anything he can't do? "

You left out fixing the rift between the eastern provinces and the western provinces.

That was assumed. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
SaskGriz said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

That was assumed. :thumb:
Isn't that why we planted Dave Dickinson there?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
41GrizFan said:

And what GOT us there was a lights-out offense.

Played against two pretty good defensive teams in those games as well, scoring 22 & 13 respectively. The one trait shared by both teams on offense was getting the tough yards when needed. Great defense still wins championships. The simply outscore them strategy isn’t viable.

His "settlement" was paying out his contract and little more. had they waited a few months until he was "dinged" by the NCAA and suspended, they wouldn't have had to that.

Back