• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helmets!?

dupuyer griz said:
krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:
Rebrand? That might be the dumbest idea I’ve heard in years. Griz brand is the best known FCS brand out there.

azgrizfan has it exactly right.....other teams in the fcs would kill for our griz script recognition due to marketing (recruiting)...a couple others that have fbs scripts that have never changed is tulsa and ole miss ....iowa has never changed a thing since hayden fry put the steeler look (working man theme) and it works pretty well too...if your flipping channels, everyone knows who is playing instantly.....we have classic design and colors (has stood the test of time)...we need to sell that (tradition) and play Montana football start winning bsc and deep play off runs imo and forget about all this window dressing stuff.... if the kids we recruit need that, well they may not be the right kids.
I didn’t realize the test of time is 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, maybe “rebrand” not correct word! My post indicates having the Griz script on the helmet! Just basically reversing helmet color and Griz script.

GGNez said:
dupuyer griz said:
GGNez said:
We keep what we've got, but spray Pam cooking spray on them so we can slip past defenders, head first?
We’re not sac state.

In other news, I’m sad to hear they sold the matte maroon. They were by far my favorite look.

But let's read about it again...just for fun.

http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/news/2002/1114/1460800.html

WHAT not picture. The picture was great!

I just hope Hauck puts players' names on the backs of uniforms. People w/o programs at home, watching on TV, deserve to note particular players, whether for good or bad.

coyote said:
GGNez said:
dupuyer griz said:
GGNez said:
We keep what we've got, but spray Pam cooking spray on them so we can slip past defenders, head first?
We’re not sac state.

In other news, I’m sad to hear they sold the matte maroon. They were by far my favorite look.

But let's read about it again...just for fun.

http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/news/2002/1114/1460800.html

WHAT not picture. The picture was great!

Here you go!
271f00fe23e917c5c6bb4e803547cdd1.jpg

Grizzoola said:
I just hope Hauck puts players' names on the backs of uniforms. People w/o programs at home, watching on TV, deserve to note particular players, whether for good or bad.

It is so difficult locating a roster on the interwebs, and even so more difficult to remember a couple dozen numbers/names by memory.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Grizzoola said:

It is so difficult locating a roster on the interwebs, and even so more difficult to remember a couple dozen numbers/names by memory.

I’ve long wondered why the broadcasters couldn’t just put a name balloon over each player. They’ve got a first down line, a down & distance box & a big green hatched line showing the make-range of the kicker.

Can’t you just see it - all those name balloons bang into each other during the plays? & when the pile unwinds after the tackle you’ll know who’s who.

Or, as noted, you could look up the roster on the interwebs, print a couple of hard copies for the mancave, BarcaLounger, garage or toaster. Maybe even memorize a name or two to go with the jersey number. You know, like an actual fan.’

I like what Weber st. did to their helmets adding the achievement stickers. Always thought adding those woukd be a good look with the Griz.

Back