• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Here's A Question

This is what I thought of last year.....We had some great talent. I think the potential was there to play better, smarter, and go further. Underutilized or misdirected or something else? I'm not certain, I've never played the game.

This is what I think of this year....See above. We'll see. We have some tough games but I feel we have the kids to win them. That's all.

Mostly solid defensive play, sputtering offense that needs to find itself. I think that Montana beat itself on offense, especially during the first half, that coupled with critical special teams miscues and Wyoming's offense ran the ball when it needed to during the second half - home field and coaching advantage there. The players have to execute, if they don't move the ball and score nothing else matters.

Yes, unless Bohl was able to Catch for the WR/ tight ends and help prevent the pass interference by N. Harris that allowed the game winning touch down. We need to work on execution before we blame the coach.

TxGriz said:
Mostly solid defensive play, sputtering offense that needs to find itself. I think that Montana beat itself on offense, especially during the first half, that coupled with critical special teams miscues and Wyoming's offense ran the ball when it needed to during the second half - home field and coaching advantage there. The players have to execute, if they don't move the ball and score nothing else matters.
A blocked punt, botched pat....game over

GrizLA said:
TxGriz said:

That blocked punt was a wash because Wyoming threw that pick in the endzone. Montana still held it's own destiny at that point of the game. The big momentum changer was when Montana went for it on 4th down and JJ was sacked, giving Wyoming great field position to start their touchdown drive.

get'em_griz said:
GrizLA said:
TxGriz said:

That blocked punt was a wash because Wyoming threw that pick in the endzone. Montana still held it's own destiny at that point of the game. The big momentum changer was when Montana went for it on 4th down and JJ was sacked, giving Wyoming great field position to start their touchdown drive.

Bad coaching decisions.

Our coaching staff is unbelievably predictable and boring....heres a thought after we torched Wyo on the quick passes to Van...why not try faking one to him and ass the corner comes up, because hes been burned 2 times on it...Van flies past him down the sideline for the bomb???? I was begging for this all game!

Back