• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How many undrafted free agent contracts will we see?

We'd have 2-3 draft picks and 3-4 UDFAs if we played in a real conference
Moving to the FBS makes more sense now than ever. With the Portal, there's no reason not to try to tap into the extra players and talent. Yeah, yeah, yeah... we (the fans) all enjoy the JV National Championship, but with the portal, there's no reason at all UM can't transition in like JMU, Appy, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, and others have done. I think eventually, if UM doesn't, the school is gonna be left in a newly designated type of D2 conference.

The P5 schools have already pretty much locked up two conferences and are freezing the G5's out. The G5's are all mostly, not all, but mostly former FCS programs. It makes sense that they will become D1AA again, just called G5 something or other and play for a G5 National Championship. Laugh, but it's not too far from reality now.

The average weight of NFL nose tackles is 309 lbs. Gubner was listed at 295 (and plays much bigger). DE's are 275. He's fast enough to lose 10 lbs and be a killer DE, IMHO.
Thank you. I reacted with a eeuh! when I read the "undersized" comment, but we're having work done our place and I couldn't take the time for some research. FWIW: The top two DTs drafted were 297 and 294 ... right in Gubner's range. The top players designated as EDGE players were 259 and 247. I have no idea what the problem is – aside the "lower level" label – but it's not his playing weight.

I’m surprised our punter is getting a mini camp invite. I guess I wasn’t that blown away with him throughout the season. Maybe his stats were much better than I realized.

On another note, our coach must be the best coach on the history of the planet to bring his team to the national championship game with zero NFL prospects.

I’m surprised our punter is getting a mini camp invite. I guess I wasn’t that blown away with him throughout the season. Maybe his stats were much better than I realized.

On another note, our coach must be the best coach on the history of the planet to bring his team to the national championship game with zero NFL prospects.
He was a good punter, not quite like our previous 2 but he has good control. The biggest upside with him is his baseball background and the ability to be a gadget punter ie. Johnny Hekker.

Good point in 2d para. Contrast to SDS. Had they won in Frisco, they wouid have been the greatest (no name) team in Griz history. I said this late in the playiffs.

Aaron Donald was 280. I guess it depends on whether the scheme calls for a DT to take up space and engage blockers or make plays. Gubner made a lot of plays.
Dude could take up space, too. Still shocked we haven't seen him picked up anywhere. With how great he is in a locker room, I'm not sure I have ever felt NFL teams are missing out by not adding this Griz player.

I truly dont get it with the NFL not taking Gubner. The NFL must all be idiots.
I distinctly remember you predicting on more than one occasion that Gubner would be drafted and as of yet he can't get into a camp as a FA...but every scout/coach in the NFL are idiots because they don't agree with you. Maybe none of those NFL guys ever played the game.

Latest posts

Back