• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho Tip in beats Grizzlies

EverettGriz said:
Zirg, your lack of basketball knowledge is astounding for someone posting on a basketball forum.

lol, I'd Love to take you, and anyone else on here, in a basketball knowledge test,whatever that means? I can't imagine there are more than a couple ppl on this board that have watched more D1 b-ball games in person than I have. I definately have knowledge.

There is, admittedly, plenty to contest about my opinions sometimes, but I'm not sure what, specifically, you are talking about. The refs were horrible in the UM/MSU game(and most Big Sky games) too, but you gotta deal with it. When you are far-better, the refs can't affect the game. When it's a 50/50 game, a bad call or 2 might dictate the outcome.. True..that's D1 basketball. Believe it or not, schools in big-time conferences bitch about the refs all the time too (on their message boards). Nobody ever thinks the refs are good. I'm just not a ref-blamer. That's just my personal mindset. Not sure how you can besmirch my b-ball knowledge because I disagree with you on one point.

mtgrizrule said:
Zirg said:
Shut up about the refs. You sound like crybabies when you bring them up. We needed to lose a game or 2 anyways. We are not as good as some ppl think, and reality finally set in. I expected this. No time to panic, but, believe it or not, this team DOES have some issues and problems to address, notably Krislovic. If he keeps getting serious minutes, we're exploitable. I still don't know what he brings to the table. I love the guy, but he has very few D1 skills.

As for the refs, the comments are accurate. Officiating has sucked for way too long in this conference. It's gotten to the point of taking away from most games.

As for Krslovic, do you not listen to coaches comments, or that of broadcasters? I will give you this, he is not much of a scorer, but does convert at a high % when he gets his opportunities. From day 1, he earned his playing time with great help and post defense. Does he not look smooth enough for you in doing what he does? We have heard time and time again, he is the best, or one of the best post defenders in the conference. Unfortunately for him, what he does well does not show in the stats. That opens him up to criticism to those that judge on the eyeball test, and what the stats say.

I saw Kryslovic miss 3 or 4 lay-ups/bunny-hooks vs MSU (after my comment) to start the game,did you? He tries hard and is a veteran leader, and I get what that that means to the team with his intangibles, but he is not a very good D1 player. Period. No coach or announcer can convince me. They are getting paid to say nice things about him. I'm not. You can keep drinking the Kool-Aid if you want, but I call them like I see them.

Back