• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If Stitt ends up a bust next season, who would you hire?

spsyk said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
spsyk said:
After coach Stitt's finale In the Brawl, and humiliated by lesser teams in four of the last five games by being out coach, coach Mick Delaney even looks good at this point.
JUST MY OPINION.

Even though it is just your opinion, the bolded part is wrong.

So, I will assume that in your opinion, the last five games where played against superior teams compared to the Griz. And coach Stitt was overwhelmed playing against better athletes, and coaches.

Do you really want to get into this debate...

Jerome Sours and Tye Gregorak, schooled coach Stitt, and I don't need to go any further on the other games.

Coach Stitt's apology tour and end of the season, is not going to change anything about his genius offense, he will need to modify to improve the teams game time performance.

Up till now, athletes are not the problem, the Griz are fielding some of the best athletes in the Big Sky, the problem lies elsewhere, that elsewhere is for you and coach Stitt to figure out.

I didn't say that either. My point was, those four losses were not all to lesser teams. I will also stand by the opinion that Montana does not have the best athletes in the BSC at every position. There are positions that are average at best.

Postby HelenaHandBasket » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Up till now, athletes are not the problem, the Griz are fielding some of the best athletes in the Big Sky, the problem lies elsewhere, that elsewhere is for you and coach Stitt to figure out.

I didn't say that either. My point was, those four losses were not all to lesser teams. I will also stand by the opinion that Montana does not have the best athletes in the BSC at every position. There are positions that are average at best.

Actually there is some semblance of reason to both sides of the argument although both have contributed to getting this tread off track, I don't know what could have prevented that. Helena is correct that all the teams that the Griz lost to were not inferior. Specifically EWU is just a better team this year. I would say that N. Arizona, who didn't have the season they were expecting, along with Cal Poly were pretty evenly matched. I don't need to say much about N. Colorado and MSU. While I hate to say this and incur the wrath of many on this forum, I believe that at this point the Griz are just a middle of the pack Big Sky team.

I have no idea what coach, or what type of coach would be interested in the UM job. It doesn't pay great and for the coach trying to build a resume, but still with a thought to surviving financially, it is a tough sell. But there is also the Griz tradition and the facilities improvements that can make it attractive. Coach Stitt, who was apparently picked for offensive production, with not much evidence other than the infamous "fly sweep" to back it up, is experiencing what a difficult job it is to build a quality program where failure, short term or long term is not acceptable. And while we continue to talk about the offense there a huge problems of the defensive and special teams sides as well.

We must also have realistic expectations for the 2017 recruiting class. It isn't that easy to recruit when the 2016 record is 6-5 with no playoff exposure.

Bottom line is that possibly the best move forward is to hope for the best in 2017, with a healthy dose of accountability after that. Let's be realistic that a 7-4/6-5 season is probable and that there will be difficult decisions at this time next year. I do like the premise that UM should figure out what they want to be and recruit, both coach and player wise, accordingly. I don't see the Stitt era being successful but I hope like hell I'm wrong.

spsyk said:
You have measured this how? Please share the concrete evidence, because I see a lot our players getting beaten one on one in games.

Back