• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Illinois State takes a hit

IdaGriz01 said:
...Geez...evidence is now in that pot use knocks 5 to 8 points off your IQ (as a measure of cognitive ability). The correlation is particularly strong for heavy pot use when you are a teenager..../quote]

We may have a plausible explanation regarding poorgriz's post(s). :D

grizcountry420 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
poorgriz said:
For pot? Geez - who gives a rip. I wonder how many griz players are smoking the ganj nowadays. 50%? More? Yep, Cats too, although historically not as much as what goes on in Zootown.
Despite a huge push, over decades, by advocates, marijuana is still illegal in most jurisdictions -- including Montana. So users are breaking the law. Yes, I know speeding is also breaking the law ... and that's where a lot of people seem to put pot use. But if you are a person with a "public" position -- like a politician or a college football player -- you do not want to get caught even "just" speeding, much less breaking more controversial laws. And, while speeding is a misdemeanor, pot possession (in any somewhat-large amount) is a felony. There are a bunch of jobs out there where a felony conviction is an automatic disqualification.

Also: Do you consider the the New England Journal of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences credible sources? The evidence is now in that pot use knocks 5 to 8 points off your IQ (as a measure of cognitive ability). The correlation is particularly strong for heavy pot use when you are a teenager. Forget about studies that show pot really is a "gateway drug" -- leading to harder stuff -- nobody should pursue something that permanently degrades your ability to function mentally. (Still, that makes the competition for jobs easier for the rest ... so go ahead.)
Ok man, give me a break..... Talk about having your head in the clouds!
:lol:
If that was meant as a "double" ... not bad. (Not great, but not bad.)

If you really think I'm naive enough to think an input on a fan board will make any f-in' difference whatsoever, well ... forget it. Young people -- by that I guess I mean anyone under about 40 -- continue to do really stupid things (proven by results, BTW), and that's not going to change.

Personally, I'm not all that against the notion of legalizing pretty much any damn thing ignorant people want to put in their bodies -- up to and including H, Ecstasy, or beyond. But they then have to keep it to themselves (i.e., private use, so I and others are no involuntarily exposed to it). Legal channels, with taxes (I hate taxes, but keep reading) to provide health care for the idiots that get ripped up by this stuff. Stats show fights among illegal drug users/dealers are a huge factor in crime. Make it legal, that should mostly go away. The point is, drug use is self-limiting ... heavy users are mostly going to die young, and badly. As long as they don't take anyone with them ... good riddance. (Cruel? Heartless? Maybe, but history -- what I do, now -- says legislating "morality" is useless and largely counter-productive.)

Nothing whatsoever to do with football ... but I'm not the one who went there first.

IdaGriz01 said:
grizcountry420 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
poorgriz said:
For pot? Geez - who gives a rip. I wonder how many griz players are smoking the ganj nowadays. 50%? More? Yep, Cats too, although historically not as much as what goes on in Zootown.
Despite a huge push, over decades, by advocates, marijuana is still illegal in most jurisdictions -- including Montana. So users are breaking the law. Yes, I know speeding is also breaking the law ... and that's where a lot of people seem to put pot use. But if you are a person with a "public" position -- like a politician or a college football player -- you do not want to get caught even "just" speeding, much less breaking more controversial laws. And, while speeding is a misdemeanor, pot possession (in any somewhat-large amount) is a felony. There are a bunch of jobs out there where a felony conviction is an automatic disqualification.

Also: Do you consider the the New England Journal of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences credible sources? The evidence is now in that pot use knocks 5 to 8 points off your IQ (as a measure of cognitive ability). The correlation is particularly strong for heavy pot use when you are a teenager. Forget about studies that show pot really is a "gateway drug" -- leading to harder stuff -- nobody should pursue something that permanently degrades your ability to function mentally. (Still, that makes the competition for jobs easier for the rest ... so go ahead.)
Ok man, give me a break..... Talk about having your head in the clouds!
:lol:
If that was meant as a "double" ... not bad. (Not great, but not bad.)

If you really think I'm naive enough to think an input on a fan board will make any f-in' difference whatsoever, well ... forget it. Young people -- by that I guess I mean anyone under about 40 -- continue to do really stupid things (proven by results, BTW), and that's not going to change.

Personally, I'm not all that against the notion of legalizing pretty much any damn thing ignorant people want to put in their bodies -- up to and including H, Ecstasy, or beyond. But they then have to keep it to themselves (i.e., private use, so I and others are no involuntarily exposed to it). Legal channels, with taxes (I hate taxes, but keep reading) to provide health care for the idiots that get ripped up by this stuff. Stats show fights among illegal drug users/dealers are a huge factor in crime. Make it legal, that should mostly go away. The point is, drug use is self-limiting ... heavy users are mostly going to die young, and badly. As long as they don't take anyone with them ... good riddance. (Cruel? Heartless? Maybe, but history -- what I do, now -- says legislating "morality" is useless and largely counter-productive.)

Nothing whatsoever to do with football ... but I'm not the one who went there first.

IG great post, and I agree with you. Once someone is 18, it should be their choice as to what to put into their bodies and how to treat their bodies etc. I have thought this ever since the MLB performance enhancement/steroid usage in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. Use should not be crimes, pushing/dealing should be crimes. Causing harm from the use should be crimes (just like alcohol). Not to mention, how much revenue could be legally generated within the country from it. Some people simply don't care what the repercussions are of taking/using things. Why waste the money, time, and efforts to continue helping habitual offenders. One time help, fine. After that, forget about it, let them face the consequences on their own. Maybe that would also allow others to learn the lessons through them easier. :thumb:

Suspension lifted. Everything all better.

Wait... Still not playing UNDSU until Frisco. WTF is up with that?

This guilty plea. Was it made so he can play this year? Would he have been able to play and how soon had he plead not guilty? I'm just wondering.

Back