• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is it time to start evaluating DeCuire?

putter said:
I agree about the tightness. Players seemed to tighten up and not be aggressive. Other than Oguine which player is really being aggressive and taking it to teams? Be disciplined and preach execution and then get out of the way. I listened to an interview with Coach Calipari and he said if his team didn't have 10 quality turnovers in the first half they were not being aggressive enough. He clarified what a quality turnover was but it was them knowing what they had to do and giving them the freedom to do it.

My cousin played for Calipari, and coached for him. His philosophy is based on TO to assist ratio. He believes if the team passes the ball more, and shares the ball with each, and limit those turnovers, then the shots will open up, and the baskets will fall. I've not watched enough of the Griz this year to see if they are passing the ball much, I know they stand on the perimeter a lot it seems. The thing with Breunig, is it gave them a good inside option, but he could also step outside and hit the shot. I think his type of "big" is more suited to this team than Qvale's.

Here's a good place to get started on your evaluation. Excellent profile from Skyler Browning of The Missoula Independent.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/936426627982090242[/tweet]

grizzlyjournal said:
Here's a good place to get started on your evaluation. Excellent profile from Skyler Browning of The Missoula Independent.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/936426627982090242[/tweet]

I agree, a very good article. I think we know, like and understand that TD want's to do a great job, but why is it not translating to the team? I think two things stand out, and one I picked out of that article.

1. 8 new players, that is a lot.
2. Change in coaches. Got to believe that the loss of some great coaches has hurt a bit the last two years. A Bone would be invaluable for teaching at this point, as would the other assistant that left (his name escapes me at the moment, Juno?).

Gotta see improvement, each year. And more consistency. The entire point of the original comments is that all team sports, including the men's basketball team, need to be held to the same standard.

Back