• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is there any reason to be excited about?

biga75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
TreShawn Favors - Vying to backup/split time with Calhoun at RB

Not to call out individual players, but here goes: has there been a more hyped/disappointing player in recent memory who actually stayed on the team for his entire eligibility?

Joey Counts

I don't think Joey was nearly as hyped...and he's actually been WAY more productive than Favors, even WITH the injuries.

Idk If anyone else got to see some of the "closed" practices but Akem is going to be good. Playing on scout he did work on the outside he will be a stud. The oline is solid coming up and very needed. Our RB situation is going to be amazing. You also have to remember we have studs who played this year as freshman and soph. JLM, Calhoun's, Horner all will be huge players in our offense. If Jensen gets a fair shot...he will have a decent shot to win the QB job. He has some quickness with his movements. I think our offense will be quite dynamic with these guys but once again it's going to lay on the team gelling and the oline. Our D is set to continue to be solid. There is a TON to be excited about when it come to Griz football. Not convinced we look worse at any position this next year except QB(maybe), oline(maybe), d-end. That's about it. This could all change with a juco or two or a drop down. Honestly it looks good for 17 to be a solid year. Tough schedule but it will be fun to see these guys really spread their wings this year, they will grow up a lot this offseason

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
TreShawn Favors - Vying to backup/split time with Calhoun at RB

Not to call out individual players, but here goes: has there been a more hyped/disappointing player in recent memory who actually stayed on the team for his entire eligibility?
While he didn't stay for his entire eligibility, from 2012:
uofmman1122 said:
(Gerald) Kemp will go down in UM lore as either the most over-hyped player in history, or the biggest case of wasted talent, probably depending on who you ask.
I'm not sure Favors is quite on that level yet. I did think he was going to be special, though.

Back