• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

It's Cat Week!

Spanky said:
Mtgrizrule can cheer for both teams. :thumb:

Spanky, I've done nothing to you for your smart ass remarks. My loyalty is to the GRIZ!!! Take your remarks and shove them where the son don't shine.

mtgrizrule....such harsh remarks. You have stated that you are a cat fan, so I thought you will be cheering for both. You better take a pill for old guys. You sell them....right?

Spanky said:
mtgrizrule....such harsh remarks. You have stated that you are a cat fan, so I thought you will be cheering for both. You better take a pill for old guys. You sell them....right?

Yes, I do pull for other BSC teams when they are NOT PLAYING the GRIZ. I root for whatever outcome that can most benefit the GRIZ. For example, this weekend I will be rooting for SUU and NAU to beat Sac State. I will be rooting for Weber State and Idaho State to beat EWU.

I've always rooted for the GRIZ in every sport every game in my life. I also can tell you I am one of the most passionate GRIZ basketball fans as there is. I think my history on EGRIZ indicates just that. Anyone questioning my loyalty as GRIZ fan has no clue what they are talking about. Unlike some other fans, no I don't hate other teams in our conference, except when those teams are playing the GRIZ!!!

Yes, I do like seeing kids from the State of Montana succeed regardless of which school they go to. That includes the kids who choose colleges outside of the state as well. Please quit being an idiotic jack ass.

GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtgrizrule....I was only joking with you, however, you had said that you cheered for the bobcats unless they are playing the Griz. That is your business and you aren't the only one on the board, for sure. I could never cheer for the bobcats, whatever the circumstances. Isn't it fair to say that you are a Griz fan and a Bobcat fan second? Question: Did you attend UM?

Spanky said:
mtgrizrule....I was only joking with you, however, you had said that you cheered for the bobcats unless they are playing the Griz. That is your business and you aren't the only one on the board, for sure. I could never cheer for the bobcats, whatever the circumstances. Isn't it fair to say that you are a Griz fan and a Bobcat fan second? Question: Did you attend UM?

As for cheering preference the GRIZ are my favorite team of all sports. If given a choice of only 1 program/team to cheer for without being able to follow or cheer for any other programs, my choice has been and will always be the GRIZ. If I had to do away with the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc just for the GRIZ, I would and could very easily.

As for cheering for other BSC teams, again it is whatever matchup benefits the GRIZ the most. As for Montana athletes, I always pull for them. I grew up as a GRIZ. I did not attend the U of M. As for family history, yes some of my ancestors have attended U of M and/or MSU (including my father, who went there for engineering). Other family members pursued business and legal at the U of M). As for me, let just say, I did not follow either of their footsteps. I've been fortunate post military led me to some solid opportunity out of state with Fortune 500 companies. I am back in state now and working on alternative options, including trying to get everything in line to solely work for myself. Both the U of M and MSU have done a lot of great things regarding family history. I respect both Universities, and am proud of each university. I am also diehard Montana. In my opinion, it is the best state with the best people in the world. So yeah, I have passion and respect for everyone and everything that is MONTANA (our state).

Ideally, I'd like to do well enough in that avenue to give more back to the family, community and the U of M. I honestly believe the best way to get to that point is through being a private business owner.

Finally, outside of time with family, the 2 places I feel the most peace in my life and I consider my personal paradise are watching a GRIZ football game in WAGRIZ, or watching GRIZ basketball at Dahlberg. Whenever God chooses my time on Earth is over, rest assured my spirit will be at every GRIZ sporting event.

The only time I've ever cheered for the Bobcats was in 2011 for them to beat Sam Houston to set up Cat/Griz 2.0 in the Semifinals in Missoula for their second ass-kicking of the year. Never again.

get'em_griz said:
The only time I've ever cheered for the Bobcats was in 2011 for them to beat Sam Houston to set up Cat/Griz 2.0 in the Semifinals in Missoula for their second ass-kicking of the year. Never again.

Got to admit, it would be epic if the GRIZ and CATS every played in the semi finals or championship in the FCS playoffs. That would take the GRIZ/CAT rivalry to an all time high. The state would be insane for quite some time before, during, and after a GRIZ/CAT playoff game. :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
+ 2002 was hoping they would beat McTeam for the same reason, except with the revenge factor thrown in.

...the brick breden barn...
...hasn't had a decent crowd...
...fullmer/giardello back in 1960...

... :cool: ...

mtgrizrule....I agree with many of your points, except those pertaining to the bobcats and ther conference members. I would be very happy if UM moved to a different conference away from the bobcats and the other Big Sky members. I am pleased with the positive impact of Kent Haslam with the overall direction of the athletic department in a short period of time. The future appears bright for the Griz. Owning a business is rewarding, but can also be a nightmare at times. I can relate to both. God willing, maybe we can both attend a few Griz games, in the spirit.

super_eagle13 said:
You're just going to spank the Cats for the umpteenth straight time. It's time for Griz fans to appreciate that their real arch-rivals are in a different state :thumb:

You won't get much, if any argument here. :thumb:

super_eagle13 said:
You're just going to spank the Cats for the umpteenth straight time. It's time for Griz fans to appreciate that their real arch-rivals are in a different state :thumb:

NDSU? Yeah, good rivals to be sure. But we don't ply them often enough to rise to "arch" level.

super_eagle13 said:

Can't really refute that statement.

Buttegrizzle said:
super_eagle13 said:

Can't really refute that statement.

When I see licence plates and shirts that say "F EWU" then I will take it as a rivalry...

super_eagle13 said:
Idaho!

Back