• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kale Edwards in the Portal

Add Genatone to the list of players in the portal.
Damn. I thought he could be the real deal with his speed. That is two very fast defensive players lost. Wonder what the whole stories are with them entering during this late period after winter condo and spring ball.

I’ve got to think that running a 3 D lineman scheme has got to be somewhat of a deterrent for athletes with pro aspirations to play in. Most scouts will look first at stats at the FCS level and 99% of your FCS D lineman will not put up eye popping stats in a 3 D line scheme. You’ve got to really dive into they’re film and see that they’re doing their 1/11th to help the D which will make a path the NFL very difficult.

These players quit on us, are not team players, didn't want to compete, and are only in it for themselves. Good riddance.

^^^Am I doing this correctly or is it different for these guys?
I get the sarcasm. That said, Kale is different because he played an entire career for the Griz before entering the portal.

These players quit on us, are not team players, didn't want to compete, and are only in it for themselves. Good riddance.

^^^Am I doing this correctly or is it different for these guys?
I wouldn’t leave a school I’d been at and liked for 3 years and where I had a chance at more championship runs. And the girls.

The end result is the same but the road they traveled to get there is apples and oranges. Even someone like me who didn’t play the game can see that😁.
So, in your mind (if I'm understand correctly), if McDowell had waited until the completion of spring ball, determined he wasn't going to be in the running for the starting position, and THEN left we'd all be fine with it/him?

Asking for a friend...

So, in your mind (if I'm understand correctly), if McDowell had waited until the completion of spring ball, determined he wasn't going to be in the running for the starting position, and THEN left we'd all be fine with it/him?

Asking for a friend...
No, not even close. McDowell was a hired mercenary that attended U of M for one semester. He did an amazing job and will probably go down as one of my top 5 fav Griz QB’s. Kale committed here out of high school, practiced and played for 4+ years, and is now taking a chance to elevate his NFL stock. Playing in a 3 man front as DE for the Griz wasn’t gonna do it. How the heck did you come to that conclusion? You definitely did not understand me correctly.

Back