• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kale Edwards in the Portal

To each his own. Not so sure Las Cruces is where I'd want to be in college. 112,000 people. 62% hispanic.

Last season, they beat Auburn, but lost to UMass. Lost to Fresno 10-37.

Highest attendance was 17,900. Some games were 11,000/12,000.

"With a crime rate of 61 per one thousand residents, Las Cruces has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17."

My understanding is that he wanted good tape at the position he felt would get him drafted, as a traditional DE. We don't have that position, and this team would be his best option to put good tape out against quality opponents.

Most of the time, winning absolutely matters and I am totally with you. I understand why, in this case, he truly thinks his body is built for that NFL position and believes he can get drafted if he can get eyes on him.

I don't know him. That's just what I've heard from people who know more about it than I do.
Seems like he'd have much better opportunities with some of the other schools that offered... not to repeat anything that has already been said but doesn't seem like he made much of an upgrade...

Seems like he'd have much better opportunities with some of the other schools that offered... not to repeat anything that has already been said but doesn't seem like he made much of an upgrade...
Well, there’s the whole FCS to FBS thing. That seems like an upgrade for people who decide whether to write checks to people for playing football. Not sure whether the All 22 camera angle shows crowds or surrounding communities as much as the competition.

Well, there’s the whole FCS to FBS thing. That seems like an upgrade for people who decide whether to write checks to people for playing football. Not sure whether the All 22 camera angle shows crowds or surrounding communities as much as the competition.
I hear ya but if he's looking for exposure this doesn't seem like a good approach. I know someone will say they play Texas A&M but I would think a few marquee Griz games and a long run through the playoffs would have a greater impact, especially if your team is winning and not getting their asses handed to them in College Station...

Both Edwards and McDowell were convinced they were THE MAN!!! Gonna go somewhere heir talents will be really noticed. Griz, evidently, couldn't provide that. Look at how many FBS programs bought what they were selling. So, it's Las Cruces and Lake Charles. Ball is in their court. Time to put up, or shut up.

I hear ya but if he's looking for exposure this doesn't seem like a good approach. I know someone will say they play Texas A&M but I would think a few marquee Griz games and a long run through the playoffs would have a greater impact, especially if your team is winning and not getting their asses handed to them in College Station...
Yep, there is that aspect. But, there’s also the aspect of decision makers not really “discovering” guys on ESPN+ these days. They know about you. If they think you can play, they probably would rather see your work in College Station than Cheney, even if your team gets blown out in the former.

Both Edwards and McDowell were convinced they were THE MAN!!! Gonna go somewhere heir talents will be really noticed. Griz, evidently, couldn't provide that. Look at how many FBS programs bought what they were selling. So, it's Las Cruces and Lake Charles. Ball is in their court. Time to put up, or shut up.
Well, if the Griz were willing to switch from the 3-3-5, there would be a good chance that Kale would have stayed.

To each his own. Not so sure Las Cruces is where I'd want to be in college. 112,000 people. 62% hispanic.

Last season, they beat Auburn, but lost to UMass. Lost to Fresno 10-37.

Highest attendance was 17,900. Some games were 11,000/12,000.

"With a crime rate of 61 per one thousand residents, Las Cruces has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17."
10-5 last year, beat Auburn on the road 31-10. Play TX A&M this year. Jerry Kill turned the program around. The open border has not helped Las Cruces.

Back