• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kamron Johnson

grizcountry420 said:
blackfootipa said:
A really nice RB recruit is needed this class.

RB's come a dime a dozen. We need a really good DB recruit..

..... :coffee:
I presume tongue in cheek. Pure poppycock! Ask Urban Meyer whether any of a dozen RBs would have had the impact Ezekiel Elliott had on the fortunes of the Buckeyes.

This would be a huge get! As of 1-22 he was to visit Kansas for the KU-ksu basketball game and official visit. Glad to see a kid with so many fbs offers choosing the Griz.

kemajic said:
grizcountry420 said:
blackfootipa said:

I presume tongue in cheek. Pure poppycock! Ask Urban Meyer whether any of a dozen RBs would have had the impact Ezekiel Elliott had on the fortunes of the Buckeyes.

You're right. You need to have a RB who can take over the game.. You win a lot of games that way!

grizcountry420 said:
kemajic said:
grizcountry420 said:
blackfootipa said:

You're right. You need to have a RB who can take over the game.. You win a lot of games that way!
We would not have made it to the NC games in '08 and '09 without the excellence from Reynolds nor would we have won the NC in '01 without star RB Humphrey. NDSU without Crockett?

Johnson seems to be the only one on the list; very concerning. It's not like our pipeline is loaded. I haven't any star potential there so far.

Besides Nguyen, there's plenty of potential with Favors, Counts and Logwood. There's a reason NDSU offered Favors in particular. It will depend on what these guys do with that potential in the off-season, and it will depend on having offensive schemes that better exploit their talents. I'm pretty confident about the second variable. :twocents:

We have six running backs on the team even without recruits.
Four have playing experience.
Four will be sophomores or red-shirt freshmen.

oGriz said:
Quantity is not quality. Non have impressed. Only Nguyen has any significant game experience and If he's our feature back, we are in trouble. Counts may or may not be available; both are role players, not feature backs. We have no one that resembles a Crockett, a Bauman, a Reynolds, a Hilliard, a Humphrey. Stitt's offense needs a good RB.

kemajic said:
oGriz said:
Quantity is not quality. Non have impressed. Only Nguyen has any significant game experience and If he's our feature back, we are in trouble. Counts may or may not be available; both are role players, not feature backs. We have no one that resembles a Crockett, a Bauman, a Reynolds, a Hilliard, a Humphrey. Stitt's offense needs a good RB.

I realize we're unproven at RB, but there's only one way to become proven... I seem to remember how much everyone was raving over Favors out of high school. And Counts looked very good when he played 2 seasons ago. Favors and Logwood have only had reps in mop up duty, of course they're not going to impress running with the 2's and 3's when we're just trying to run the clock out. Canada and Van got all the reps. RB is the least of my worries. I do hope we land Kamron Johnson.

griz4life said:
Any updates on Jones?

Heard at first today he was still undecided...then Kyle Sample said he had committed here. Guess we'll know tomorrow at signing day.

kemajic said:
oGriz said:

Hmmm. I was pretty damn impressed with Logwood. He didn't get many carries but looks like a stud.

Back