• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Karl Tucker

Ursa Major said:
wbtfg said:
#wedidntwanthimanyway

Congrats! He's a good pick-up for the cats or Carroll College.

Very true. We've known for decades that most Cat recruits are not talented enough to be Grizzlies. How else could one explain why people go to Bozeman? The few that might be talented enough to be Grizzlies dont have very good judgment. I'd say the Cats usually get the best of Carroll in their recruiting battles, but every so often there will be a kid who just wants to go to a smaller school and win.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
wbtfg said:
#wedidntwanthimanyway

Congrats! He's a good pick-up for the cats or Carroll College.

Very true. We've known for decades that most Cat recruits are not talented enough to be Grizzlies. How else could one explain why people go to Bozeman? The few that might be talented enough to be Grizzlies dont have very good judgment. I'd say the Cats usually get the best of Carroll in their recruiting battles, but every so often there will be a kid who just wants to go to a smaller school and win.

8eecd49b07d3968990519fb5cdce8c24.jpg

Took a hard look @ this and as it turns out, a good choice for the youngster. You'll recall, a drunken engineer positioned the field in Bozeman, so as not to interfere with the lovely lake view. From hudl vids, he clearly prefers to run on a diagonal. Perfect for him in that with normal field conditions, he'll now appear to be running faster, and going N/S. Only issue now is figuring out which side of the field the Carroll bench is on.

Excellent choice Karl.

Well, on paper I would rather have a burner like Daum, Tucker sounds like he could be a good possession receiver for the Shi##y Kitties.

And while he obviously does not have Daum speed, a 4.7 40 doesn't mean he moves at the speed of pond water, either.

Tucker sounds like he could be the Bozo approximation of our incoming recruit from Billings Central, Holden Ryan. I do think if you're going to be a possession receiver without breakaway speed, size helps, and Ryan at 6-3 has an advantage there over Tucker's 6-1.

Still, the kid sounds like a good pickup for the Shi##y Kitties.

His Junior season, Karl Tucker II rushed for 467 yards (wildcat QB) while tallying 9 touchdowns, and also caught 44 passes for 490 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Tucker II will take over the QB duties this up-coming season for the state runner-up Rustlers.

However, for little brother, he is expected to play receiver.

"They've always been so well to me, had an open hand. Telling me to be a part of their family, and how great it was. Just being able to go to school for free, and have a full-scholarship on the table is the best thing for me and my family financially I think. And so, just being able to be a part of that and be close to home is the best thing for me and a perfect fit for me. "

Karl Tucker II is a good athlete, no doubt. Congratulations to him! That's a big deal.

But I know the Griz will find excellent receivers. I am not concerned in the least.

2014 Class AA ALL-STATE WR honors, for receivers that return for the 2015 season

First team

N/A

Second team

WR – Karl Tucker II, jr., CMR; Paul Campbell, jr., Butte.

Honorable mention

WR – Alec Steele, jr., Sentinel; Keaton Krantz, jr., Flathead; Gabe Sulser, fr., Senior; Parker Maxx Sitzman, jr., Great Falls;

My uncle in Great falls (he is a griz fan FYI) said that both the Cats and griz had offered him. He didn't know if both were full rides or not, but said both schools had offered. I don't really get into the whole "We didn't want him" crap or the "He isn't any good". No-one knows how a 17 year old KID will play when he is 20-22. Hell, the griz and Cats didn't offer Mariani or Anderson ANYTHING and look how they turned out.

SACCAT66 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
I don't really get into the hole "We didn't want him" crap or the "He isn't any good".

Agreed. It's hard to dig yourself out of that hole.

My bad...Fixed it. Glad that is what you got out of that.

Admittedly, that did seem to be the most substantive part of the post.

Latest posts

Back