• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kip Moore Representin' Right

OldtiredGRiz said:
Hammer said:
Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:
An unknown country singer in a UM bro tank. Sounds about right for an opening act....

Yeah, unknown, is on main cycle of every major pop country radio station in the country and has over 20 million youtube hits on one song ...fwiw, I'm not a fan of him or mainstream "country," and there are good country singers still out there, but they are certainly not "well known" by your standards. Clueless.

This new stuff they call country is nothing more than pop music with a cowboy hat. I'm a big fan of real country music, Jennings, Cash, David Allen Coe, Kristofferson, Merle Haggard ect...
this new shit is garbage.

Good call, good list...I'd add a couple Hanks, Williams (Sr) and Snow, Ray Price, Kitty Wells and Patsy Cline. All pretty much before my time, but great country music is timeless.
Patsy Cline, nobody could sing like her. Reba comes the closest IMO.

Cant leave Marty Robbins off the list.

Hammer said:
Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:
An unknown country singer in a UM bro tank. Sounds about right for an opening act....

Yeah, unknown, is on main cycle of every major pop country radio station in the country and has over 20 million youtube hits on one song ...fwiw, I'm not a fan of him or mainstream "country," and there are good country singers still out there, but they are certainly not "well known" by your standards. Clueless.

This new stuff they call country is nothing more than pop music with a cowboy hat. I'm a big fan of real country music, Jennings, Cash, David Allen Coe, Kristofferson, Merle Haggard ect...

Back in '74, the great Charlie Rich was named Country Musician of the Year. In '75 he had to hand the award off to the new winner. And do you know who that was? Mr. Sunshine on my goddamned shoulders John Denver. Can you believe it? Replaced by John Fucking Denver. Well, I'll be damaged if Mr. Rich didn't pull out his cigarette lighter and light that award on fire in front of everyone. Do you get it?

CDAGRIZ said:
Hammer said:
Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:

Back in '74, the great Charlie Rich was named Country Musician of the Year. In '75 he had to hand the award off to the new winner. And do you know who that was? Mr. Sunshine on my goddamned shoulders John Denver. Can you believe it? Replaced by John f***[*] Denver. Well, I'll be damaged if Mr. Rich didn't pull out his cigarette lighter and light that award on fire in front of everyone. Do you get it?

Refresh my memory. Was that Team RamRod?

Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:

Clueless is wbtfg's middle name. :lol: :lol:

Mr. Greenjeans said:
Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:

Clueless is wbtfg's middle name. :lol: :lol:

You might want to take it easy on wbtfg. I understand the feds are considering listing bobcat fans on the endangered species list. Coach ron ash has apparently put the Yugo in the ditch.

Hammer said:
Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:

You forgot Conway and Loretta and George and Tammy. Not to leave out Gram Parsons and Emmy Lou Harris, "Return of the Grievous Angel" is arguably one of the best country song no one has knows about.

"Out with the truckers and the kickers and the cowboy angels,

and a good saloon in every single town,

Now I remember something you once told me and I'll be damned if it did not come true,

twenty thousand roads I've been down, down, down, but they all lead me strait back home to you."

If you want to hear great country music check out "GP" and "The Return of the Grievous Angel", forty years ago since that dude bit it, he was a great songwriter, far better than almost anything since.

Hammer said:
Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:

:thumb: Outlaw Country! There are some good newer guys (Ok, I like Kenny Chesney's "island" country and there are some good Amercana country guys like McMurtry, Keen, Hubbard and others) but on the whole "country" sure ain't what it was

Mr. Greenjeans said:
Hammer said:
Alaska Griz said:
wbtfg said:

You forgot Conway and Loretta and George and Tammy. Not to leave out Gram Parsons and Emmy Lou Harris, "Return of the Grievous Angel" is arguably one of the best country song no one has knows about.

"Out with the truckers and the kickers and the cowboy angels,

and a good saloon in every single town,

Now I remember something you once told me and I'll be damned if it did not come true,

twenty thousand roads I've been down, down, down, but they all lead me strait back home to you."

If you want to hear great country music check out "GP" and "The Return of the Grievous Angel", forty years ago since that dude bit it, he was a great songwriter, far better than almost anything since.

True, Emmylou should not be left out. Still have a crush on her, or her voice at least. I could add dozens to the list. Did no one mention Willie? You gotta love the guy he doesn't have a clue how much money he makes. He could care less. Still recording, still touring in his Kmart tennis shoes. Hard to believe Patsy Cline was recording his writings way back when. Buck Owens I truly miss.

Ughhhh, don't get me started on what Nashville has come to. Every six month the song themes must change, I think it was islands a while back, tailgates and parking lots are in now. Gag.

Never heard of this Kip Moore kid. Some start off being true to their music and the move to Nashville changes them.

There always has been and still is some great music coming out of Austin. There isn't enough red dirt in Montana. If you missed Robert Earl Keen Jr last week at The Top Hat try to make Hayes Carll, I believe the 2nd of August. On my way to Braun Bros Reunion in Challis soon. It's a red dirt fest with a lot of nice summer dresses to admire. Look for the GRIZ flag,

Cody Canada says it best in this song. "F**k you, F**k Nashville, f**k everything that I see, we'll be gone come mornin' so f**k you and f**k Nashville cause I'm leavin' Tennessee."

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3-tFxZQuc[/youtube]

Back