• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Large number of Idaho FB players involved in brawl; lineman sucker punches son of large donor

I know it shouldn't be a laughing matter, but the mental image of dudes walking up to a brawl with broken PVC pipes cracks me up. I'm just picturing something like Michael Jackson's "Beat It" video.
A) That is a legitimately funny image.

B) This was quite the thread to see this morning... yikes. And as someone who has somehow been in a fight with someone with a PVC pipe, you REALLY do not want to get hit with one. Better than a led pipe for sure, but man, it hurts. It terms of my "hurts way more than you think it should" rankings, it is just one step behind being whipped with an old 1990's car antennae. (I wasn't abused or in a gang or anything, just lots of siblings and cousins and jackass friends that I love dearly).

'Tubs at the Club' on YouTube. I sh*t you not, that's the title.😂 Kinda appropriate. A week old podcast from the Palouse. Starts off with the the UI Marching Band, Cheer Leaders, and of course a passing Police Car, in the parking lot outside the Kibbie Dome, one rainy day.

I read through the transcript, but ya gotta read/comprehend at the speed of speaking or it moves on without you...it's computer spelling, so it's constantly making corrections to slang and homeboy dialect, so it can take a while.

Seems this was the second round of a timed bout, with Round 1 a week before, where a drunk footballer was physically removed from the Frat House, for being an assh*le, or some such thing. Blow the Bugle, and assemble the Cavalry for Round 2. The broken PVC pipe was explained, but it was late in my day and I was tired trying to read this format.

Two weekends in a row, drunken party time. Maybe the sucker punched dude was from Weiser. Their 'Blutto,' so to speak. Anyway, read the transcript or subscribe to avoid the frustration. Seems is CYA time at UI, involving the AD, who's contract expires June 30, the football coach/team, the UI President, and various deep pocketed alums. Seems a statement, of some sort, is not expected for another couple weeks. Happy reading!🧐🤯

44 players.
PVC pipe(=weapons)
Ski masks(=intent/conspiracy)
Massive change is in the air due to the sucker punch.
Question: Where the hell do they get these people?
Lack of institutional control?
This happened two months ago and it's still being investigated?
Clouseau must have found a home in MPD. Still haven't gone to trial for the Ginsu murders.
Delta Tau Chi = Beta Theta Pi?

More like Whi Du Fuk

'Tubs at the Club' on YouTube. I sh*t you not, that's the title.😂 Kinda appropriate. A week old podcast from the Palouse. Starts off with the the UI Marching Band, Cheer Leaders, and of course a passing Police Car, in the parking lot outside the Kibbie Dome, one rainy day.

I read through the transcript, but ya gotta read/comprehend at the speed of speaking or it moves on without you...it's computer spelling, so it's constantly making corrections to slang and homeboy dialect, so it can take a while.

Seems this was the second round of a timed bout, with Round 1 a week before, where a drunk footballer was physically removed from the Frat House, for being an assh*le, or some such thing. Blow the Bugle, and assemble the Cavalry for Round 2. The broken PVC pipe was explained, but it was late in my day and I was tired trying to read this format.

Two weekends in a row, drunken party time. Maybe the sucker punched dude was from Weiser. Their 'Blutto,' so to speak. Anyway, read the transcript or subscribe to avoid the frustration. Seems is CYA time at UI, involving the AD, who's contract expires June 30, the football coach/team, the UI President, and various deep pocketed alums. Seems a statement, of some sort, is not expected for another couple weeks. Happy reading!🧐🤯
Wait, do you have a link?! I am on their page, and either they removed it or I just can't find it.

Also, man, times have changed. We first spoke when you asked me for tech help. As the world turns, these are the days of our lives.

Nevermind. Found it on Apple. Listening now. I'll make some notes in case they take it off there, too.

I tip my hat to your sleuthing!!!

I about sh*t when YOU asked ME for internet help. Had to check my pulse. Ya never know. It can be just that fast. One pts memorable last words were, "I don't feel so good..."
I'll look forward to your notes.👍

The video is long, rambling and inarticulate. Not worth listening to. The original incident involving a football player being tossed occurred the week prior. This was "retaliatory"action. The Weiser alums involved are good Vandals, and are nice and good people. The AD hasn't been doing enough or anything, at least publicly. The AD sucks, isn't going a good job on this or anything else, and hopefully won't have contract renewed at end of July.

Idaho has a volleyball coach issue too. https://www.ocregister.com/2024/03/27/idaho-volleyball-coach-chris-gonzalez-placed-on-leave/

I about sh*t when YOU asked ME for internet help. Had to check my pulse. Ya never know. It can be just that fast. One pts memorable last words were, "I don't feel so good..."
I'll look forward to your notes.👍
Brother, I genuinely thought that I was being called to Heaven when I couldn't find it and you had so casually dropped it into the conversation here. I figured something must just be wrong in my upstairs. (Just playfully joking, man. Way to beat us ALL to it. You clearly have more technology game than you give yourself credit for).

Here is my write up, but a couple of caveats. I took the time to just do this at work as they spoke, so there is no semblance of grammar here. I just tried to type along and get as much as I could, as accurately as I could in terms of language and nuance. It is a LOT and turned into a bash fest on the AD.

Also, I apologize if anyone here is from Weiser, Idaho. I didn't really know how to spell it as I listened, and I just defaulted to "Weezer." My bad. WIthout further ado, here is that --

Tubs at the Club. Listened 4/11/24 Notes

“What a raging start to this episode.”

References the article. “Sad.”

“We have heard a football player was kicked out of the party. What started it was on feb ⅔, a football player was drunk and kicked out of a party. We don’t have the football player’s side that got kicked out. The next week the retaliation took place.

This was not an organic thing. It was a planned attack on students. It was a week after, and was clear retaliation. Email says d-lineman punched the kid in the doorway in the face, he was the son of the donor.

One host points out people quoted are “hardcore and oldschool vandals, this isn’t a terminally online gen z getting all touchy about something they disagreed about, this isn’t TUbs the Club (we tend to be harsher on admin). This is Marge Chipman, president of that scholarship chapter. She is universally known as a respected Vandal person. These are people who have been patient with the program. Didn’t cancel over dropping down a division. Weren’t withholding because f zack claus doing what he did record wise. Didn’t cancel over coach’s failing’s & being re-signed. Them canceling over this is a big deal. Yes, it is a smaller town, but there is a lot of pride in Weezer and what Weezer is and they have a strong vandal culture.

These are people who have been Vandals through thick and thin that are saying they are done right now, for right now. Really easy for people to jump into camps and say it is fake or take sides. These people are serious Vandals and so serious about this that they canceled it. They take great pride in this event every year and how much they raise relative to their population.

The athletic department has not done any of the relationship building stuff that needed to be done here. No fences were mended. Have been told the athletic department has done that. We have potential legal issues. We have loss of money. We have what feels like another department being awol on another vandals story.

Other host has been around many AD’s. Old AD was great at being out there and building relationships. Says an AD needs to be overly ass kissey at all times, it is how the job works, and to see current AD yet again not do anything about something that is clearly under her jurisdiction is really frustrating. They know there is an investigation, repeat quote from article saying that with the slowness of their Volleyball investigation (?), they don’t have hope this will be done timely.

Why is AD not out in Weezer shaking hands and kissing babies? Seems like lack of respect for Vandal supporters.

Other hose points out It was a 17-1 vote. You talk about a coach or AD or whatever, nobody is good at everything. Sometimes coaches are great at x’s and o’s. Sometimes great recruiters or motivators. Nobody is perfect at everything. But whatever you are not good at, you need to be great at something else to make up for it. AD is currently not a good people person. NEver has heard someone say “I had a fantastic evening when I met (AD’s name)” She hangs her hat on being a technocrat and competence. Because she does not deliver on the relationship part, or the Vandal Family part. SHe needs to show she is on top of her game and handle this during this investigation.

They would love to have Weezer peeps on show. Of course, everyone understands kinds and athletes get in fights. Of course coaches want to handled discipline in house, as always. But for people like the Weezer scholarship association that has been reasonable about this (FOR TWO MONTHS), then they need to get out there and be talking to them. Telling them there are investigations and legal concerns, but understand it matters, but AD is not out there doing that. Coaches are not doing that. So if AD is going to be bad relationship wise, and now make everyone believe that the place action goes to die is her office, then her legacy is inaction. You can guarantee that when Marge Chipman is talking in Weezer, they are saying … …. … our only choice is to take money away. National news didn’t matter in volleyball situation.

Says this was only happening because taking money away is the only way Idaho will do anything about it.

Host says that PVC situation is “pretty fucked up.” Again says this was retaliation a week later. This was NOT a fight breaking out. Fights break out at college parties. This was not that. This was premeditated retaliation. “It was extra as the kids say.”

That is pretty bad, and it is even worse that we are at the point where the Weezer scholarship association is pulling donations because the university won’t do anything about this, that is really bad. AD needs to go. Says the AD’s crisis plan is to go AWOL.

Clearly the people in that scholarship association don’t know that Idaho is taking it seriously. If they had even reached out, even just to say “we can’t really talk about it, but we take it serious,” this wouldn’t have happened. People of Weezer have been getting nothing from University and it is getting personal. “This is AD’s legacy.” AD’s Contract expires on July 2024, “not that I am counting.”

A smaller, regional university like Idaho needs to feel like a family. That is how and why people show up. If AD isn’t going to do this, then what is she doing here?

“Weezer is a farming community and UI is THE ag school in Idaho? Not a good look.”

All she has done well is hire Jason Eck.

THey then dive in to some giant volleyball situation. Sounds like that is a whole other cluster with attorneys and all kinds of problems, but I didn’t get more than 30 seconds into that before I paused it.

For reference, the episode was the April 3rd Episode titled "Vandal Football Fight Updates Plus...."

VsTrdd-KpbZa6a5y72AGj6_Xz_ypJUqSLltuo4CoVZZ76enOyaNzMiXdZXuujZZ6hvly3AmZSDETw9WBilOJwcGzZeHPgYpnUBNF5tr1b6cGbIWCJzoqbPng_0y8OYpldFPWFowsTA3ekRXDz_gczNc

Brother, I genuinely thought that I was being called to Heaven when I couldn't find it and you had so casually dropped it into the conversation here. I figured something must just be wrong in my upstairs. (Just playfully joking, man. Way to beat us ALL to it. You clearly have more technology game than you give yourself credit for).

Here is my write up, but a couple of caveats. I took the time to just do this at work as they spoke, so there is no semblance of grammar here. I just tried to type along and get as much as I could, as accurately as I could in terms of language and nuance. It is a LOT and turned into a bash fest on the AD.

Also, I apologize if anyone here is from Weiser, Idaho. I didn't really know how to spell it as I listened, and I just defaulted to "Weezer." My bad. WIthout further ado, here is that --

“We have heard a football player was kicked out of the party. What started it was on feb ⅔, a football player was drunk and kicked out of a party. We don’t have the football player’s side that got kicked out. The next week the retaliation took place.

This was not an organic thing. It was a planned attack on students. It was a week after, and was clear retaliation. Email says d-lineman punched the kid in the doorway in the face, he was the son of the donor.

One host points out people quoted are “hardcore and oldschool vandals, this isn’t a terminally online gen z getting all touchy about something they disagreed about, this isn’t TUbs the Club (we tend to be harsher on admin). This is Marge Chipman, president of that scholarship chapter. She is universally known as a respected Vandal person. These are people who have been patient with the program. Didn’t cancel over dropping down a division. Weren’t withholding because f zack claus doing what he did record wise. Didn’t cancel over coach’s failing’s & being re-signed. Them canceling over this is a big deal. Yes, it is a smaller town, but there is a lot of pride in Weezer and what Weezer is and they have a strong vandal culture.

These are people who have been Vandals through thick and thin that are saying they are done right now, for right now. Really easy for people to jump into camps and say it is fake or take sides. These people are serious Vandals and so serious about this that they canceled it. They take great pride in this event every year and how much they raise relative to their population.

The athletic department has not done any of the relationship building stuff that needed to be done here. No fences were mended. Have been told the athletic department has done that. We have potential legal issues. We have loss of money. We have what feels like another department being awol on another vandals story.

Other host has been around many AD’s. Old AD was great at being out there and building relationships. Says an AD needs to be overly ass kissey at all times, it is how the job works, and to see current AD yet again not do anything about something that is clearly under her jurisdiction is really frustrating. They know there is an investigation, repeat quote from article saying that with the slowness of their Volleyball investigation (?), they don’t have hope this will be done timely.

Why is AD not out in Weezer shaking hands and kissing babies? Seems like lack of respect for Vandal supporters.

Other hose points out It was a 17-1 vote. You talk about a coach or AD or whatever, nobody is good at everything. Sometimes coaches are great at x’s and o’s. Sometimes great recruiters or motivators. Nobody is perfect at everything. But whatever you are not good at, you need to be great at something else to make up for it. AD is currently not a good people person. NEver has heard someone say “I had a fantastic evening when I met (AD’s name)” She hangs her hat on being a technocrat and competence. Because she does not deliver on the relationship part, or the Vandal Family part. SHe needs to show she is on top of her game and handle this during this investigation.

They would love to have Weezer peeps on show. Of course, everyone understands kinds and athletes get in fights. Of course coaches want to handled discipline in house, as always. But for people like the Weezer scholarship association that has been reasonable about this (FOR TWO MONTHS), then they need to get out there and be talking to them. Telling them there are investigations and legal concerns, but understand it matters, but AD is not out there doing that. Coaches are not doing that. So if AD is going to be bad relationship wise, and now make everyone believe that the place action goes to die is her office, then her legacy is inaction. You can guarantee that when Marge Chipman is talking in Weezer, they are saying … …. … our only choice is to take money away. National news didn’t matter in volleyball situation.

Says this was only happening because taking money away is the only way Idaho will do anything about it.

Host says that PVC situation is “pretty fucked up.” Again says this was retaliation a week later. This was NOT a fight breaking out. Fights break out at college parties. This was not that. This was premeditated retaliation. “It was extra as the kids say.”

That is pretty bad, and it is even worse that we are at the point where the Weezer scholarship association is pulling donations because the university won’t do anything about this, that is really bad. AD needs to go. Says the AD’s crisis plan is to go AWOL.

Clearly the people in that scholarship association don’t know that Idaho is taking it seriously. If they had even reached out, even just to say “we can’t really talk about it, but we take it serious,” this wouldn’t have happened. People of Weezer have been getting nothing from University and it is getting personal. “This is AD’s legacy.” AD’s Contract expires on July 2024, “not that I am counting.”

A smaller, regional university like Idaho needs to feel like a family. That is how and why people show up. If AD isn’t going to do this, then what is she doing here?

“Weezer is a farming community and UI is THE ag school in Idaho? Not a good look.”

THey then dive in to some giant volleyball situation. Sounds like that is a whole other cluster with attorneys and all kinds of problems, but I didn’t get more than 30 seconds into that before I paused it.
@ElrodGrizzly - if you have access to using the Onedrive, web browser version of MS Word, you can upload an audio file and word will do the transcribing and load it into a doc for you. Probably not helpful now, but if you take upon the endeavor again....;)

The video is long, rambling and inarticulate. Not worth listening to. The original incident involving a football player being tossed occurred the week prior. This was "retaliatory"action. The Weiser alums involved are good Vandals, and are nice and good people. The AD hasn't been doing enough or anything, at least publicly. The AD sucks, isn't going a good job on this or anything else, and hopefully won't have contract renewed at end of July.

Idaho has a volleyball coach issue too. https://www.ocregister.com/2024/03/27/idaho-volleyball-coach-chris-gonzalez-placed-on-leave/
So have we cleared up if the sucker punch recipient deserved it or not?

Thank you very much for doing this, Elrod. And man, this is not a good look for that program. The entire thing was planned and coordinated? Yeeeks.

So have we cleared up if the sucker punch recipient deserved it or not?
I guess you've never been in a fight or a brawl. I suppose the law doesn't care if the recipient deserves it or not, but I do. I recall that you have said you were perfectly well behaved when you were younger. Until I was in 6th grade or so, I had to defend myself and my friends almost everyday.

Latest posts

Back