• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lex's workout at the NFL combine today

tgriz said:
NFL Network has some mixed signals here. Yesterday on their bottom ticker they had Lex lifting and doing 26 reps. I saw it many times, however, today it lists him as DNP.

Somebody call Elvis and see what's up

at least I'm not the only one is keeping tabs on hilliard. It seems that nfl network needs glasses too

Not bad but with 10-12 guys running sub 4.5's this year it doesn't look good for Lex getting drafted. He'll be a free agent maybe. Wonder if he'll be a good FB prospect.

Did you guys see that QB Josh Johnson from San Diego ran a 4.4 flat?

4.63 for Hilliard. I think there were about 9 backs slower, including several of the fullbacks. 4.63 is respectable. I was hoping he'd dipped under 4.6. Note that he has not been able to do much running, due to the rehab of his shoulder. Until recently, he's been biking. I don't think it was decided that he would run the 40 in the combines until yesterday. He may run faster at UM's Pro Day in 3 weeks.

If what Player Rep is saying is correct then I would recommend that Lex visit the can before he hits the field at UM's Pro Day.

RB's and WR's that run a 4.7 or over shouldn't even be at the combine.

Who can't run a sub 4.63?

Did they even show Lex run? I was watching and saw him walking around but only saw his time listed.

AG2 said:

11-15-03-110.jpg

gman8424 said:
My buddy who is attending the combine told me that Lex had the 4th most bench reps among all backs and second overall as a tailback with 26 reps. pretty impressive if you ask me.

I saw Lex's name on the ESPN ticker saying he did 26 reps. I wonder who is really right.

YourFather said:
AG2 said:

Does anyone know what Jerry Rice's 40 time was?

He never ran a sub 4.62

Also McFadden ran a 4.33 according to ESPN's web site

grizband said:
YourFather said:
AG2 said:

Every source I've seen has him between a 4.6 and 4.7.

Jerry was slow only on acceleration. His top speed was excellent; you don't get behind NFL secondaries consistently like he did without a good top end. Once he got those long strides going, I don't recall him getting caught from behind much. He would have been unstoppable if he had had that early burst.

kemajic said:
grizband said:
YourFather said:
AG2 said:

Jerry was slow only on acceleration. His top speed was excellent; you don't get behind NFL secondaries consistently like he did without a good top end. Once he got those long strides going, I don't recall him getting caught from behind much. He would have been unstoppable if he had had that early burst.

No one ran better routes than Jerry Rice except for maybe Steve Largeant. The other thing about Rice is that he was always in better shape than his opponents. No one worked harder than he did. Come the fourth quarter, his conditioning really allowed him to get open.

Lex is listed as a top performer on the NFL Network site in two catagories:

In Broad Jump he was 10th for RBs at 10'2"

In 20 Yard Shuttle he was 3rd for RBs at 4.2 sec

Check It Out!
http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers[/b]

Those shuttle and standing long jump rankings are a bit misleading, because it appears that not many rb's did those drills.

What was more interesting in the shuttle was that of the two who were faster than Hilliard, their 40 times were 4.45 and 4.47. The 40 times of some who Hilliard beat or tied were 4.38, 4.44, 4.46 and 4.51. The 2 faster guys were only .01 and 02 faster than Hilliard. In my view, shuttle times are more important the 40 times in football.

While Hiiliard's long jump distance was good, most of the others who did it were a bit better than him, and one was a foot or so better.

kemajic said:
grizband said:
YourFather said:
AG2 said:

LOL, he was unstoppable!

Back