• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Linebackers

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:
What injuries has Kose had?

PlayerRep said:
He's coming off of two ACLs.

Didn't realize I had answered my own question. Thanks.

48582013.jpg

PlayerRep said:
What injuries has Kose had?

Had knee surgery out of JuCo in 2011/12 - redshirted in 2012.

Hurt his knee (not sure if it was the same one) against UND in 2013. I think he had surgery then as well. I remember watching the play, he left his feet and landed really funny, foot stuck in the ground and his body twisted the wrong way. Looked pretty bad.

If you could call it a positive thing (?) the injury occurred from taking a real bad and awkward landing that could have happened to any player at any given moment. This wasn't an issue where the surgically repaired knee flared up from the prior surgery and he needed to be shut down for the season. That's something I've heard of from other players whose careers usually end because of that. That would seem like the more appropriate label of being "injury prone" especially if a guy can't recover from the said injury. However having two knee surgeries over the span of 3 years is really concerning. Makes me glad we've got Schye on the team as well.

GrizFBDad said:
These guys are playing really fast and swarm to the ball.

Observed that as well and had others including the Missoulian's Bill Speltz say that as well. Something the last few years defenses have not done. It's impressive actually, could really help this defense make some more stops.

Glad PR was able to answer his own question. If some of us had ever "questioned" his knowledge about the game, this "unquestionably" proves that he's forgotten (then remembered!) more than most of us will ever know.

I'd be interested in seeing if any of the newcoming recruits would be playing this year as "true Freshman." At least at the LB position.

Shayne Cochran (6'1" 210 lbs)?..Milan Marrero (6'0" 200 lbs)?..Dylan Stenseth (6'2" 225 lbs)?..Alex Thomas (6'0" 215 lbs)?..Tyler Richtmyer (6'2" 2105 lbs)?..Nick Mertes (6'3" 230 lbs)? I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a couple aren't considered and eventually do so.

WyomingGrizFan - I'd bet that 2 or 3 might be used for special teams duty at the very least. We'll have to see but I'd think there's a very strong chance some will play this year.

Richard Cranium said:
Tucker Schye was a beast while playing in last years Badlands Bowl against the square heads outta NorDakooda. He was by far the most impressive kid of the bunch on either side of the ball, and was the Defensive MVP. I was in absolute awe of his speed, size and most of all his ability to flat out hit. On a side note the DE from Kalispell that went to the cats was a major let down. He was very lethargic and took plays off. On a couple of occasions he actually gave his back to the O lineman and was pushed yards away from the play. I couldn't believe the kid was an all star let alone the years AA Defensive MVP.

Same on Schye in the shrine game in Butte last summer. A man amongst boys.

Back