• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lockerrooms and So On

Can't really get a good idea of what something will look like based off of someone's black and white drawing. When this is all said and done, I think it's gonna look great!

mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
That looks terrible

Well then drop $60 mil in their lap so they can level the stadium and do it right.
I'm not criticizing the cost I'm not impressed with the design of the exterior. It is a huge deal to the university im just not impressed. I think the should make the exterior similar to the rec center.

Unfortunately this is what you get when you piecemeal a stadium together over a 30-year period. If they'd had a visionary brain in their head in 1986 they'd have planned for ALL this shit in advance... :geek: :geek:

You guys do understand that this building is FOR THE PLAYERS AND COACHES!! If there is a brand new state of the art lockerroom inside, a brand new, state of the art weight room and training rooms inside, a clean and comfortable lounge area inside, meeting rooms and offices LARGE enough to accomodate the players and coaching staff, and it is ALL 10,000 times better than what the football team is currently using, and has been using for the last 30 years, then who gives a flying F--K about if the building wins any architectural awards for design and astetics?????? Good lord.

And as always, if you don't like it, DON'T DONATE! It really is that damn simple.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
That looks terrible

Well then drop $60 mil in their lap so they can level the stadium and do it right.
I'm not criticizing the cost I'm not impressed with the design of the exterior. It is a huge deal to the university im just not impressed. I think the should make the exterior similar to the rec center.

Unfortunately this is what you get when you piecemeal a stadium together over a 30-year period. If they'd had a visionary brain in their head in 1986 they'd have planned for ALL this shit in advance... :geek: :geek:

Good call AZ. :thumb: Just because you don't have the cash to do it all at once does not mean you don't have the vision to what you want the finished product to look like. What happens if they ever want to expand seating in the south endzone? Can they build on top of those existing buildings? have they allowed enough room to put more seating at that end? Once you put those up it is very expensive to say, I wish we would have thought of that back when....hell MSU has plans as to what the stadium would look like if they were to revamp the entire thing but they are doing it at the pace that demand dictates. UM continues with the lego set...

havgrizfan said:
You guys do understand that this building is FOR THE PLAYERS AND COACHES!! If there is a brand new state of the art lockerroom inside, a brand new, state of the art weight room and training rooms inside, a clean and comfortable lounge area inside, meeting rooms and offices LARGE enough to accomodate the players and coaching staff, and it is ALL 10,000 times better than what the football team is currently using, and has been using for the last 30 years, then who gives a flying F--K about if the building wins any architectural awards for design and astetics?????? Good lord.

And as always, if you don't like it, DON'T DONATE! It really is that damn simple.

Spot on with that. I donated and i could care less what it looks like as long as it accomplishes what the players and coaches need to build the program, stay competitive, recruit strong and win. Half the people on here who don't like the design have probably not donated a penny to it.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
That looks terrible

False. THIS is what you get when you piecemeal a stadium together.

MSU%20football%20stadium%20Bozeman%20Photo%20Jim%20R%20Harris%20DSC_0159-L.jpg

This is an embarrassment to the State of Montana, and belongs around a soccer field/rodeo in Canada.

Never noticed this before, but is that a sewage settling pond in the background? If so, looks like it's still a little full from last season.

go96griz said:

Never noticed this before, but is that a sewage settling pond in the background? If so, looks like it's still a little full from last season.

Yes. It's full of turds. It's a Cat tradition to ice skate on the sewage pond on Thanksgiving weekend, when their season is over.

CDAGRIZ said:
go96griz said:

Yes. It's full of turds. It's a Cat tradition to ice skate on the sewage pond on Thanksgiving weekend, when their season is over.

Also, doubles as the aquatic center.

Some people seem to forget that in 1985 the new stadium idea was more of an experiment than a long term vision. An experiment to determine whether football had any future at UM at all. They did not know what Don Read could do. Step by step, over several years the data came in. It did not all come in in 1985 to enable a grandiose plan. Give them some credit for not including a track.

Glendivegriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
go96griz said:

Also, doubles as the aquatic center.

It's actually a collection point for the "Trail of Tears" runoff. Been overflowing lately.

CDAGRIZ said:
go96griz said:

POY nominee! That made me laugh.

Back