• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Make no mistake this game was lost in the trenches....

Raider said:
poorgriz said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
Box, even if the Wyo. passing offense isn't/wasn't very good, that does not explain how low their passing numbers were. 13-21. 92 total yards. No TD's. A long pass of 14 yards. Their leading receiver had 4 catches for 25 yards. 1 interception. 6 sacks. 92 is the lowest total in the past 3 full years, excluding two D-II games and 1 CP game. It is an incredibly low total. UM gave up an average of 268 yards last year, I believe. I doubt that Wyo's passing offense is essentially the worst UM has faced in many years. That isn't to say that it's very good either.

As for Wags and the d-line, they clearly outplayed Wyo. and Wyo's o-line. Phil Steele picked 2 Wyo. players as preseason 3d team all-conference. As I have said, Wag is a beast. I too thought he was the best player on the field. Note that Holmes and Takai each got 2 sacks too. Very impressive. And note that pass rush is part of pass defense.

I agree, tho, that Wyo. didn't look like a strong team overall. However, they are a MWC team, and that says something about the quality of the players they attract, and most UM fans seem to be in love with their new coach.

I am fairly certain no team will throw for over 100 yds against the Griz

Uh... what? I must have missed something in all this bickering.

He is being facetious.

See, apparently you have to be on one extreme or another on e-griz. Either the Griz defense are world beaters or Wyoming is the worst offense in college football. Nothing in the middle (which is actual reality) is acceptable with these dipshits.

I think he's just being a dick, like he often is. He makes it so that it's impossible to even have a discussion or exchange of information.

I am also sure that Wyoming is going to throw for over 300 yards in their remaining games...and I mean per game, not total.

So do the Griz hold CWU to less than say 60 yards passing? I mean they are a D2 school and not a mighty MW school.

grizindabox said:
I am also sure that Wyoming is going to throw for over 300 yards in their remaining games...and I mean per game, not total.

So do the Griz hold CWU to less than say 60 yards passing? I mean they are a D2 school and not a mighty MW school.

Are you saying that every other Wyo. opponent will hold their passing offense to less than 92 yards?

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

Are you saying that every other Wyo. opponent will hold their passing offense to less than 92 yards?

yep, that is exactly what I said...

The Wyoming QB was not expected to even play this year, because he was 3rd or 4th string last season. but their senior-to-be tried to make it in the NFL (unsuccessfully), and their heir-apparent left the program. So, it was not much of an accomplishment to limit their passing attack.

Yes, the game was lost by our poor offensive line play. No running game. JJ was hurrying his passes because he was on his butt after most every pass. This contributed to his sub-par performance.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

...or 282

:coffee:

Raider said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

...or 282

:coffee:

And UM can't run the ball.

Latest posts

Back