• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MEET COACH STITT

IntuitiveGriz said:
Umista said:
A great chance to meet coach Stitt along with many other coaches at the Bitterroot GSA event.
When: JUNE FIRST from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Where: DALY MANSION Between Corvallis & Hamilton.
Cost: $15 Includes food/Soda, Beer and wine extra
Auction, Griz stuff etc.
Contact Rick Lubke at 544-6314 for further information.
My wife noted the many posters & flyers advertising this event around the valley.... I plan on flying back to Montana and of course attending this event. Haslam, Sundberg and damn near every head coach will be available for you to chat with one on one. It is a great fund raising event helping our athletes. Stitt met Brent Musberger at this gathering last year. :thumb:

Is this located on the 6 mile stretch of road between Corvallis & Hamilton?
Yes. East Side Highway. Charlie Schwab's "estate" is across the highway ...

UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Umista said:
A great chance to meet coach Stitt along with many other coaches at the Bitterroot GSA event.
Auction, Griz stuff etc.
My wife noted the many posters & flyers advertising this event around the valley.... I plan on flying back to Montana and of course attending this event. Haslam, Sundberg and damn near every head coach will be available for you to chat with one on one. It is a great fund raising event helping our athletes. Stitt met Brent Musberger at this gathering last year. :thumb:

Thanks, UMGriz75.

Maybe I'll check it out. I'd like to see where Copper King Marcus Daly (Anaconda Company) spent some of his massive fortune he obtained from Butte.

IntuitiveGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Umista said:
Auction, Griz stuff etc.

Thanks, UMGriz75.

Maybe I'll check it out. I'd like to see where Copper King Marcus Daly (Anaconda Company) spent some of his massive fortune he obtained from Butte.
A Hamilton native here: unfortunately Marcus died before he ever got to live in the house :(

Grizzly Oredigger said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Thanks, UMGriz75.

A Hamilton native here: unfortunately Marcus died before he ever got to live in the house :(

Huh what?

Grizzly Oredigger said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Thanks, UMGriz75.

i don't believe thats quite true. it was remodeled several times. the last time after he died...... i believe.

hokeyfine said:
i don't believe thats quite true. it was remodeled several times. the last time after he died...... i believe.
It's a terrific story. He built his mansion in Hamilton, built beautiful facilities for his horses -- including famous ones, Hamburg, Ogden, Inverness, and Tammany -- and built the Skalkaho road as a short cut between Anaconda and Hamilton, Anaconda being a town he built from scratch.

He had been made fabulously wealthy by selling out the "Anaconda" to the Standard Oil owners, Wm Rockeller and HH Rogers, and apparently intended to retire to the Bitterroot to his new house. The original house, allegedly in a Queen Anne style, was being rebuilt into a more formal classical "Mansion" style at the time of his death, although it may be that the work didn't even get started as he died quite suddenly after the sale of the Anaconda. His wife Margaret is credited with the actual construction project. The tour guides speculate that part of the original structure is contained within the existing Mansion -- the kitchen area.

I can't imagine a more "interesting" place to host a Griz event.

I called my friend in the Bitterroot and she thought Alpha would be serving the beer and wine along with two of his stacked bikini clad girl friends.
Of course that is all BS. She has never heard of him. I thought it might attract some fans and improve their knowledge of the programs and eliminate the "draw down fights" at the Mo Club this coming season.
Count on Growler and/or Player not attending.... so it should be a safe gathering.

Grizzoola said:
Maybe UM should sell it and use the proceeds to reduce the budget cuts.
It has, fortunately, passed into history. The State acquired it as a historical site of significance. George Dennison was instrumental in the decision, and that UM would be willing to oversee the acquisition. The decision is irreversible.

Even underground you'll find Griz fans. :cool:

Orphan Boy Mine (Hard Rock Mine in Butte)

160503152612-anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-montana-2-00002018-large-169.jpg

You gotta love Montana.

Some of you need to get up to the Bitterroot and meet these coaches.

Tomorrow....

Back