• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoulian article on the Griz DBs

uofmman1122 said:
McKinley played really great yesterday against both Jones and Henderson.

He has some serious swagger, and was jawing with them all scrimmage. :thumb:

On the Montana GRIZ Football Facebook page, Stitt commented on the 2nd scrimmage. He said how well the DB's are playing allows for Gregorak to bring more aggressive blitz schemes. He said the defensive backs have brought SWAGGER to the defense. Funny, I remember the egrizzers mentioning that swagger needed to return to the defense. According to Stitt, that has returned. :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
griz4life said:
. Are we seeing Whitten slide to no. 2?

Doubt it. Out recovering from off-season surgery. Whitted's the best we've got - IMO.

I'm with you Brint. Unless Justin has lingering injury issues next season, I just don't see a scenario where he's
not "the man" at safety in 2015.

IntuitiveGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
Mark my words - most improved group on the team so far. These guys will impress in 2015.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-tracks-young-dbs-excelling-as-injury-replacements/article_9d84749c-2fec-5f40-8b6b-a1ad4ecda97e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe Sanders has returned to practice this week so I've not seen much of him but I've been really impressed with the 2-deep guys at this point. McKinley and Parker seemed to lack confidence in fall camp, that's not the case anymore. They're playing much better and have that swagger that CBs seem to always have. Nelson is looking very good and Rassmussen is a star in the making. Add in Dallaserra who has been solid and even Delaney who people on here kind of snickered about... he's doing ok.

I felt that McKinley and Parker would be coming into their own... good college players start to do that after a couple years out of HS; fans (at games during the season) usually start to recognize players their rs-soph seasons. Good to see these two are on track for that. NDSU didn't want McKinley because he sucked, let's just say that. And Parker played for Matt Hermanson dad. Everyone knew Rassmussen was a player, since Delaney pointed him out last season as someone that might play as a true frosh before last season. Most people only snickered about Delaney because they never seen him play. I have, and he was one of the very best athletes on the field during his senior class AA state championship game. So there is that.

For the idiot who wrote ndsu thought Mckinley sucked couldn't be farther from the truth, not only do I know for a fact the head coach made 2 trips to there home and Ryan's school showed how much he sucked and the local media even ran an article on it along with Boise St.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-tracks-young-dbs-excelling-as-injury-replacements/article_9d84749c-2fec-5f40-8b6b-a1ad4ecda97e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe Sanders has returned to practice this week so I've not seen much of him but I've been really impressed with the 2-deep guys at this point. McKinley and Parker seemed to lack confidence in fall camp, that's not the case anymore. They're playing much better and have that swagger that CBs seem to always have. Nelson is looking very good and Rassmussen is a star in the making. Add in Dallaserra who has been solid and even Delaney who people on here kind of snickered about... he's doing ok.[/quote]

I felt that McKinley and Parker would be coming into their own... good college players start to do that after a couple years out of HS; fans (at games during the season) usually start to recognize players their rs-soph seasons. Good to see these two are on track for that. NDSU didn't want McKinley because he sucked, let's just say that. And Parker played for Matt Hermanson dad. Everyone knew Rassmussen was a player, since Delaney pointed him out last season as someone that might play as a true frosh before last season. Most people only snickered about Delaney because they never seen him play. I have, and he was one of the very best athletes on the field during his senior class AA state championship game. So there is that.[/quote]

UCLAALUM said:
For the idiot who wrote ndsu thought Mckinley sucked couldn't be farther from the truth, not only do I know for a fact the head coach made 2 trips to there home and Ryan's school showed how much he sucked and the local media even ran an article on it along with Boise St.

I believe Sanders has returned to practice this week so I've not seen much of him but I've been really impressed with the 2-deep guys at this point. McKinley and Parker seemed to lack confidence in fall camp, that's not the case anymore. They're playing much better and have that swagger that CBs seem to always have. Nelson is looking very good and Rassmussen is a star in the making. Add in Dallaserra who has been solid and even Delaney who people on here kind of snickered about... he's doing ok.

I felt that McKinley and Parker would be coming into their own... good college players start to do that after a couple years out of HS; fans (at games during the season) usually start to recognize players their rs-soph seasons. Good to see these two are on track for that. NDSU didn't want McKinley because he sucked, let's just say that. And Parker played for Matt Hermanson dad. Everyone knew Rassmussen was a player, since Delaney pointed him out last season as someone that might play as a true frosh before last season. Most people only snickered about Delaney because they never seen him play. I have, and he was one of the very best athletes on the field during his senior class AA state championship game. So there is that.[/quote][/quote]
IntuitiveGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
Mark my words - most improved group on the team so far. These guys will impress in 2015.

I felt that McKinley and Parker would be coming into their own... good college players start to do that after a couple years out of HS; fans (at games during the season) usually start to recognize players their rs-soph seasons. Good to see these two are on track for that. NDSU didn't want McKinley because he sucked, let's just say that. And Parker played for Matt Hermanson dad. Everyone knew Rassmussen was a player, since Delaney pointed him out last season as someone that might play as a true frosh before last season. Most people only snickered about Delaney because they never seen him play. I have, and he was one of the very best athletes on the field during his senior class AA state championship game. So there is that.

Please consult the FAQ page for information about use of the "Quote" function.

Thank you :p

YITB

BWahlberg said:
griz4life said:
. Are we seeing Whitten slide to no. 2?

Doubt it. Out recovering from off-season surgery. Whitted's the best we've got - IMO.

I second that doubt. It would be highly unusual for a 2nd year guy to overtake a 6th year year guy. .

For the idiot that miss-read my supportive post on McKinley, and doesn't know how to post on a simple message board correctly... get a clue.

I'll elaborate for the board newbie.

Everyone and their mother knew that NDSU had offered McKinley (wanted him). So when I said, "NDSU didn't want McKinley because he sucked, let's just say that.", I was sarcastically saying that NDSU wanted him because he was obviously good.

But I can see where you miss-read my one sentence.

I am well aware that McKinley was an Arizona, Div 1 (highest division), 1st team All-State selection. Yes, he's big-time. :clap:

Latest posts

Back