• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoulian Lays Off Meseroll

I am unemployed as of last September due to the corrosive effect the Internet and digitization have done to the physical media industry. It is affecting a huge sector of the economy, including many traditional jobs and it appears that it isn't slowing down anytime soon. I think that in large degree, this is what BHO inherited with the economy and accounts for the sluggish recovery from the recession. I think the American economy will be years in recovery from this loss of traditional industries and the jobs they created.

The irony is that demand for content has never decreased, just the form it is delivered in.

TxGriz said:
I am unemployed as of last September due to the corrosive effect the Internet and digitization have done to the physical media industry. It is affecting a huge sector of the economy, including many traditional jobs and it appears that it isn't slowing down anytime soon. I think that in large degree, this is what BHO inherited with the economy and accounts for the sluggish recovery from the recession. I think the American economy will be years in recovery from this loss of traditional industries and the jobs they created.

The irony is that demand for content has never decreased, just the form it is delivered in.

One other point that should be made - digital media often consists of fake news and gibberish. Most of the papers had at least some credibility. (Florio would not fall in this category and she would be perfect in the digitized sector since she has a damn agenda for everything). Sad really

TxGriz said:

Wholeheartedly agree and yet see no real answers. Now, factoring robotics and the varied applications, I fail to see how Trump with his blustering can change much if anything. The technological advances are coming faster than the society can absorb and no one in government or industry seems to see the very real threat to civilization this is. Will everyone be given living costs? Shared jobs? How can the value of things be measured if the paradigms have changed? Glad I'm older..

Agreed. The bluster includes rebuilding the military, rebuilding veterans services, rebuilding the nation's infrastructure, and attacking the deficit while at the same time cutting taxes. Crazy times.

mtgrizrule said:
Sounds like things/finances are getting bad for the Missoulian. My best to Meseroll.

They hired Gwen back I don't think it's truly about finances. The missoulian is a joke

mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:
Sounds like things/finances are getting bad for the Missoulian. My best to Meseroll.

They hired Gwen back I don't think it's truly about finances. The missoulian is a joke

They hired Gwen to an essential position in the newsroom. The two personnel decisions are unrelated. The latest moves at the Missoulian have everything to do with finances

Back